1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wow. nothing. actually. happened.

This show is testing its limits way too much. This entire 2nd half of the season has been utter crap. They won't be able to pussyfoot around constantly. I'm getting the vibe I did with Dexter when it turned into a joke.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The hype.. THE HYPE for this finale was pretty high. I was excited too! they were also writing how they had learned their lesson from the Governor arch, that the finale wouldn't be a tease for the fans, that they would be satisfied. man I think they laid an egg... This would have been a GREAT penultimate episode. but this season finale needed more.. not even a death, because I actually like most of the characters, just something else. A shot of where Beth was in addition to the reunion in the train car would have been enough. Just one shot, any shot of Beth I would have been on board for next season.

And I think EVERYONE should have been in this episode being a season finale and all. Tyresse, Carol and Judith shouldn't have been left out in favor of a flash back of events we didn't need fleshed out. We all knew why Rick didn't want Carl killing zombies anymore we didn't need those flash back scenes.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

For a brief time, Terminus was the name of the settlement that became Atlanta. It means "end of the line." Just like how there are tracks from different places that led to Terminus on the show, there were different lines that all ended in what would become Atlanta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Atlanta#From_railroad_terminus_to_Atlanta:_1836-1860

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Not to mention Rick even says "they're shooting at our feet."

I get the feeling that when people grip about this show, they tend to miss the subtle and the obvious because all they really want is wall to wall zombie killing or zombie eating.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i thought this epsiode was really good and am fine with it being a season finale. i dont mind things being stretched out if it means storylines aren't rushed and we get more seasons.

6. conquistador#11

I don't know if it's just me but i don't see the appeal in cannibalism in an apocalypse. Besides, in that group, only tyrese would make a delicious meal. the other look like they've been starving.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

build up tension to make the viewer think he is going to get shot???

because he is so bad-ass in the comics and sucks so bad in the tv show...although he is becoming more like the comic character now.

that was a great episode, but incredibly weak ending. there was no resolution on anything...not even getting the baby back. the way it ended seemed more like a set-up to the season finale, rather than the actual one.

the entire arc of the 4th season was pretty much filler or a bridge b/t seasons 3 and 5. 1st half resolved the prison story like they should have done at the end of season 3. and the 2nd half set-up what looks like will be the next season with terminus. but as i mentioned before, they had to slow down or they would catch up to where the comics are in about a year.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well, dark meat is usually the more juicy option!

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Solid take. This seems like a tipping point for the series. They used a bunch of good will from their audience this season in drawing things out so long, and then never really delivering on anything. You're absolutely right that the mid-season finale of season 4 should have been the actual season finale of season 3. I'm not familiar enough with the comics to know how much material they have left to use, but regardless, I'd rather have a great, compact series that ends in 5 seasons than one that gets drawn out into a mindless slog over 8.

10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I know where the name came from, I just think it's a stupid idea. Especially when the place they are at likely had a name before. (on the map, it appears to be Macon) Is it canon with the comics or something?

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Man, the last half of last season and the first half of this season were pretty damn terrible (as a fan of the original comics). Holy crap, did they knock the second half of this season out of the park.

12. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I've liked the WD since the beginning and didn't complain much about season 3 and how they handled Andrea. I didn't even gripe about the Darryl & Beth episode. But THIS is the season finale? Really???!!! IMHO, it is worse than S3 finale.

Gripes:
    * Daryl going "Oh these are my friends, they are good people. (I know u guys are bad guys, but) please don't kill them.
    * "Oh ****, my leader got bitten, lets' stand around and see what happened instead of shooting my gun." And these guys are survivors?
    * I was just about to r@pe this kid, but if I let him go, his dad may let me live.
    * "Rick, is that you? I couldn't tell while you guys walked in with all that sunlight shinning in."

I expected more from the bandits, but they were just laughable. I don't even mind the flashbacks.

Had this been a mid-season episode, I'm fine with it, it wasn't bad. But season finale? Very disappointed.

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

This is actually probably fairly accurate.

The eyes of the people in the container had adjusted to the darkness, so any light is basically blinding. The people outside, just the opposite. So after they close the doors, Glenn & Co would notice them first. But while the door is open, Glenn & Co could likely only see silhouettes and probably just figured it was more random survivors getting herded in like cattle. That, or Terminus people coming to fetch them. No reason to jump up and down or celebrate. For all they knew, it was their time to go get eaten.

14. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

Absolutely hate how they watered down the end of this episode. Hate, hate, hate.

This has already aired so I don't feel this is a spoiler -- and someone else mentioned it also.

But...

"They're SCREWING with the wrong people"????

My God, way to castrate a line.

Either do the line correctly or don't use it. That was such rated PG garbage. And I have to agree with whoever mentioned Breaking Bad, where they used it often, and with those mentioning the gore and violence. Don't tell me you couldn't use it.

It completely ruined that final line and left the episode totally flat for me. I know it's just one line, but it's a pretty friggin' important line for this arc in the books.

Just dumb.

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

On Talking Dead they spoke about the line and how they wouldn't use the exact wording for the comics. They did shoot it but went ahead with another "cleaner" take.

16. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Does the air time have anything to do with the censorship? Didn't Breaking Bad air at 9:00 central time and TWD airs at 8:00? Not sure if that is some kind of cut off point between 8:59 and 9:00, but it is just a thought. I'm not really familiar with any TV censorship laws. I agree though, with all the gory effects, they should not worry too much about language.

17. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

I saw that.

And that's the difference between an epic closer and just another line. Big mistake.

Too bad.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well Cable channels aren't subject to FCC violations. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want.

It all comes down to MONEY. Advertisers don't want the risk of putting their brand on a show hat curses or shows nudity. Cable TV shows aren't made to please people. Their made to MAKE MONEY first and for most. Walking Dead is just a way to get eyes on ads and if the content and garbage writing didn't give it away well I guess you must be a huge fan of the Price is right too.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Not sure it was mentioned but did anyone see when they were being cattled into the railroad car via gunshots...they ran right by a sectioned area that was littered with skeleton remains that...to me...were obvious rib cages and human bones? I think it is a foregone conclusion what BBQ means in this town.

We pretty much know:

a.) There will be an escape next season.
    b.) The buried satchel with the guns will come into play.
    c.) Tyrese and Carol will probably have a hand in saving them.
    d.) Beth will be back either via escape or rescue.

The idea that they are prisoner in a railroad car should be the end. How they could ever escape from that without help from the inside? So, maybe someone helps them get out from the inside?

Also, I was wondering that if the people at Terminus don't give visitors a chance to show they are loyal and can become a Terminus member. Then, it's either the trust is broken or they are accepted? I wonder how Maggie, Glenn, and company were rounded up because they had no visual cues like I recognize that watch or clothes? Or, do they just automatically make newcomers cattle?

Also, I did not see the smart guy who could cure the disease in the railroad car. Was he there? And, we noticed when Rick and company entered they seemed to be doing something with microscopes in that warehouse...like scientific research or something.

But, I really wasn't impressed with the finale. The flashbacks killed it as filler. Nothing really surprised me. No one from the good group died. And, unlike what was said about "can't wait till next season" cliffhanger, I'm really not in a hurry to find out what happens cause it seems obvious. I'm just kind of disappointed to go from Woodbury to Terminus. I expected maybe they would have learned something from Woodbury and not be drawn in by this Terminus sanctuary crap. Way too trusting the way they went in there expecting the best; makes no sense. But, here we go again.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yes he was; if you are looking at the group in the rail car he is on the back left next to the red haired dude.