1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 19, 2013.

1. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I say it's worth it. It gets frustrating watching sometimes because of certain characters, but so does most shows. If you get a chance check out the comics too, it's really good.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Hate the background indie music. They started playing random music towards the end of last season. Annoying!

3. VanityHalfBlack

That trailer, damn!!!

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Take A "Walking Dead" College Class

By Garth Franklin Wednesday September 4th 2013 11:12AM

The University of California in Irvine is offering a free online course based on AMC's hit zombie TV series "The Walking Dead".

Kicking off October 14th, the day after the show's fourth season premiere, the eight-week course will be taught by a team of UC Irvine professors from the realms of public health, social sciences, physics and math.

Topics addressed in the course include "the hierarchy of needs in a crisis, the physiology of stress and population modeling to predict a species' survival."

Speaking of the series, check out the new key art and the latest 13-second promo for the new season below.

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nqztx19IUO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28458/take-a-walking-dead-college-class

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Edit- repost. Uh, zombies!!!

6. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Nothing really stands out about this show now, yet I keep watching. I'll drop it if it doesn't get better in the first few episodes.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Season 3 trivialized zombies. Now the writers have no choice but to give Zeds a boost. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

8. Buck Turgidson

Cutty and Deangelo, 2 of my favorites from that show. If they could work in Freamon and Bubbles it would be complete.

9. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Can't wait!!! :grin:

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

12. droopy421

droopy421 Member

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Does Tyreese lose Sasha?

That's what I took from the trailer.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

We're spending half the season looking for Sasha!

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

16. moose

moose Member

where is the governor in the trailer?

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

At least the finale in season two was better than the third. The only reason why this show is popular is because of the whole zombie craze before the "end of the world". So much hype for the show, but I recently binge watched it and thought it got worse with each season. Michonne is like the only character that could use more explaining.

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

WALKING DEAD SPINOFF IS GREEN-LIGHTED

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Cultur...-AMC-announces-the-program-will-debut-in-2015

AMC made the announcement that it will produce a Walking Dead companion series with a 2015 air date in mind; serving on the show as executive producers are Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and show producers Glae Anne Hurd and David Alpert.

Kirkman had the following to say about the new show (of which details are scant at the moment):

“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of ‘The Walking Dead’ universe,” said Kirkman. “The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

Along with the rise of the “franchise universe” model has come the inevitable cynicism that “universe building” is actually just a euphemism for “cash-grabbing.” In the case of a Breaking Bad spinoff it’s easy to see why someone might feel sour about such a focused and self-contained character drama being transformed into a franchise universe; however, Walking Dead is a different creature, entirely.

The goal of Robert Kirkman was always to create a zombpocalypse saga that is long-lasting and widespread, so really the comic series (and subsequently the show) comes with inherent potential for a much larger universe to be explored. There are infinite number of characters, storylines and perspectives that could be configured into a marketable show; the caveat being that the showrunners will have to be able to find a distinctly new thematic and character drama hook, other than survivors trying to deal with the toll of survival on a zombified earth. We’ve seen that before. Judging from Kirkman’s words, however, something new and fresh is indeed the intention.

Personally speaking, I was one of those viewers who was wholly engrossed when Lost ran its “Tailies” mini-arc in the second season. The switch in perspective and introduction of new characters – different and intriguing characters – set within a familiar world, was an overall fun experience. (In fact, I still consider it a misstep that the showrunners ultimately negated the entire “Tailies Saga” by systematically killing those characters off.)

That’s all to say: There is plenty of potential for the zombpocalypse to offer us more compelling TV drama – at least in my opinion.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Should be interesting as most of the gripers about the TV series were original readers of the comic book series.

It's always been hard to translate reading material with "super-cool-pics" into good television or cinema, especially with the people that fell in love with the original story line and characters.

Something fresh should be fun and exciting.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

NSFW via Maxim Magazine

[​IMG]