1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 9, 2015.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Lol I thought her name was Felicia (was totally anticipating a "bye Felicia" moment when she got killed off), and yes, yes she can :)

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I can't be the only one that felt the kid was giving a bad Johnny Depp impression? :grin:

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Lol nice connection there.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My wife actually called him "Johnny Depp Jr." while we were watching when ever she wanted to talk about his character.

5. conquistador#11

just finished watching it. Nice beginning. I wish these shows would focus on different groups throughout the world during the walkerepidemic.

6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Told my wife it reminded me of Johnny Depp in the movie blow. Same outfit that he was wearing in the movie.

7. hvic

hvic Member

I thought it was slow and boring. Hopefully the next episode would be more exciting. I cannot connect with the characters yet

8. body slam

body slam Member

Does this mean don't get a flu shot?

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

typically i watch a show when i know it is good and i watch a season when it is already out.

i think that has changed things watching one at a time. everything seems slow haha

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I liked it, always love that "fear the unknown" thing going on.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Does the word "zombie" not exist in this universe? Lol anyway, I thought it was really good...will continue to watch. Really the only problem I have with it is that it didn't acknowledge the 2 live crew's impact on the actual disease that started it all.

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If we apply TWD logic to it, then my guess would be she (Gloria?) OD-ed and died soon after shooting up. Then, woke up as a zombie. She ignored him because he was passed out and meandered her way downstairs probably following a noise to find her first victim. How long she was a carrier of the virus...who knows? And, was she the first and only carrier? It seems if everyone was recently infected and is a carrier, there would have been a lot more incidents then what was depicted in the early going. It could be "they" were covering it up by pretending it was the flu. I guess I'm still left wondering if it strictly started in the church and spread from there...or it was happening all over? I'm guessing they probably won't answer that or anything having to do with what started it. It's just one big mystery. M Night Shyamalan probably had a hand in it.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what's eating gilbert grape?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blow:

[​IMG]

#94 RV6, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  15. Buck Turgidson

Apparently there's some background stuff on the show's website - WHO documents, newspaper articles, etc - that help explain the timeframe and provide a little more backstory. I hate crap like this, it's just so cheap and lazy.

16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Remember there were already a lot of kids missing school before this happened so its safe to assume it was already occurring. Also, the kid that came in with the knife brought it for protection because he already heard that people were killing and eating other people. The mom dismissed him as a ToyCen type conspiracy theorist who needed to stay off the internet.

17. VanityHalfBlack

A zombie show set in WW2, that's been done/right? I would see that. WWZ was the closest to that idea, I think.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Or a zombie show set in Iception like a dream within a dream. I mean how do zombies operate? Through the brain unless it's possessed by spiritual demons?

19. VanityHalfBlack

Or a 2 hr documentary with scientist and engineers about the science of zombie.

20. Nero

Nero Member