1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 9, 2015.

1. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

The guy who plays Nick also portrayed young Voldemort. I knew that face looked familiar.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed it even though I expected the pacing to be slow. The acting is much better, incredible what happens when you cast solid actors from the start.....

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I kind of hated the first hour. I am so freaking sick of this dysfunctional family plotline forced into so many shows. There is a budding zombie outbreak starting ... I don't care that this druggie kid doesn't like his stepfather. It picked up at the end of the episode and overall I guess I liked it. It was no comparison to the premiere of The Walking Dead.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Joking? That is the running (sort of) joke about TWD

Just about every time they introduce a new black male character, a black male character dies.

Since the finale of TWD brought us another one, I would imagine the preacher man is not long for the earth

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

This. Almost like a movie in terms of acting vs the original which comes off like a TV show. Wondering if the .76 cents was foreshadowing the loss of freedom that was about to go down..

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

The sister's acting was terrible. So cliche: headphones always in & rebellious attitude. I dont know if it is just me, but it was cringeworthy watching her all cuddled up with her man, sitting up on top of the stadium. The acting was so fake.

The ending was good, though. I am anxious to see next week's show. Looks like the outbreak is happening.

8. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Was the walker on the "news" the boyfriend of the sister? With the no response text messages they were building up to it, but he was a douche and I didnt care enough about his character to remember what he looked like.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Dang, miss the first eps. Anyway to catch it?

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The boyfriend of the sister was black.. The guy on the news was white... So, no. The boyfriend is definitely walker bait, I have no doubt. How was he a douche?

11. Freik

Ah, good call.

I don't know, I just got a douchey vibe from him. I think it comes with getting older, sick of the "twilight" aged kids in tv, most of them get annoying.

I didn't help that the first hour of the episode was teen/family drama.

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

On demand?

13. Freik

Im sure it will be replayed 10x between now and next weeks ep.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It was ok.
    Definitely worth watching and will continue to watch.

But the pace was slow. I get they are building and it's a weekly show. It would certainly be better in a Netflix style binge dump. But even with that, seems like it was 30 minutes too long - eg., they didn't need the 1.5 hour premier, 1 hour would have been fine.

Some of the acting was great, some was less than stellar.

The storyline was ok. As someone else said, broken teacher family, older son on drugs, well-behaved but also skipping class going to Berkeley daughter... it's all a little too forced.

One can only assume most of the main family lives long enough for the show to keep going. Sure, some will probably die off, given the nature of the show.

I'm sorry, but the main characters are ones I'd pick to die off first in real life. Maybe the step-dad would make it. The mom seems to be running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Rarely knows where either of her children are, but is the moral authority with kids bringing knives to school. The daughter wouldn't make it very long at all. And the son is the son, a complete f'up.. who should be hitting some serious detox pretty soon. If attempting to mirror real life, most of these people should be dead by mid-season.

15. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Exactly, it felt like they were ticking off boxes to create the textbook modern dysfunctional family. I rolled my eyes when they showed the daughter ditching class and mentioning getting into a good school. I rolled them even harder when her and her bf had their secret spot above the football field. I am glad they moved away from that drama towards the end of the episode.

I think the son could be the toughest character on the show, he seems pretty scrappy. He handled the final situation with the dealer pretty well but he should have seen that coming before he even got in the car.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think the intent was deliberate that we the audience don't particularly care for any of the family starting off. I assume the writers are going to make us like these characters over time as they evolve to survive this outbreak and continue to survive. Nobody really cares for the drug addict son, the "I'm a side-show" sister who is being deprived of normalcy because of bro's addiction, the stepdad wannabe who wreaks of bad parenting (own son is in no hurry to see him), and the guidance counselor mom who is really trying to hold her family together but appears to be an enabler of her son's drug dependency.

There's not much to like there in the early going.

17. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

This!! Was thinking the same thing when it showed them in their "secret spot".

18. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

He is also this guy's son in real life. That must be awesome! lol

[​IMG]

I watched the first episode this morning, and I already like it more than the hours upon hours of boredom that is TWD.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The big difference with the parent show is Rick's extended coma. He went straight from 0 to 'end of the world' in the blink of an eye.

It will necessarily progress slower here, but that in between time, where people are operating under a pre-outbreak mindset and there are more people than zombies is kind of interesting to me.

But they are going to have to 'ease in' to the end of the world in a way they didn't in the original. I predict 'they are moving too slow' posts by the mid-season break.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's only 6 episodes and then TWD season 6 begins.