1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

edited

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

just a guess...

addiction's misdirected drive and self-propulsion, when pointed in the right direction, will be useful. the effort that dude put forth in getting his next fix will be directed towards getting whatever is needed to survive.

addicts/alcoholics have very high pain thresholds. ;)

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Can these zombies swim or something?

Watching all those mini-episodes of FTWD on the commercial breaks from TWD with the commercial airliner in trouble because of the infected...has led me to believe (and I could be wrong) that this plane will go down somewhere near that beach where the yacht is parked just offshore. I saw some strewn luggage for the previews of FTWD along the beach and the upcoming season. It seemed like maybe those walkers swarming the beach came from the plane after it crashed.

If not, then I don't know what that plane mini-episode thing is even playing for if it is not related to the main story line and characters. I guess they could be doing it solo as its own thing but what is the point? It seems like they would be doing it to build up and into the story line.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Pretty meh season opener.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

They pulled the same soundtrack trick last season and tonite of picking a recently deceased star for a long musical montage, Lou Reed with Perfect Day and Bowie with 5 years. Cheap and easy...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The premiere was blah. My disgust with TWD has probably polluted my feelings for FTWD.

For the record, I gave up on TWD 3-4 episodes before the finale and that looks like a good decision. I'll give FTWD another episode or two.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I love TWD but FTWD is kinda boring and pointless. Strand is the only likable character everyone else you kinda hope dies. I'll give it a couple of episodes before I give it the axe.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I really like Strand's character but it's getting annoying that the only 2 who aren't completely r****ded are the Salvadorian old man and the crazy captain. There's hope for junkie kid but I kind of want the rest to die off.

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

And the editing on the fight scene btw the son and dad was seriously awkward and piss poor...

10. thejav

thejav Member

really hope he the guys son dies soon..

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'm pretty much with all the posts above me today. Boring opener. Didn't seem to develop much, nor did it have much going on. The clip in Talking Dead from next week also gave away more than I would have expected. And yeah, the girl on the radio is an idiot of course.

I liked season 1. But I'm on board with only Strand, Nick, and the old Latino man with his shotgun making it through. Maybe his daughter, too..

(and I still like TWD, fwiw)

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

no one wants to watch a bunch of tormented people talk about their feelings, especially teenagers

we want to see how these people work to survive a zombie apocalypse

13. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

That sucked. It likes a bunch of Carl's on this show. And Nick swimming into a capsized boat in open water full of zombies? Really?

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Crack Head.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't understand how that debris field seemed to move closer to the yacht? It was like watching "The Fog" for a few minutes. We're the zombies swimming and pulling the debris field to the yacht? And, why did Strand inexplicably just stop the yacht? Then, the stupid daughter tricked into giving up their position. I was also waiting on a Great White shark to snatch one of those swimming idiots. Nick is inexplicably duck diving doing what...looking for food?

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Glad I didn't watch. Season one sucked IMO. I was just waiting for all the lame ass characters to be eaten by zombies.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I keep telling myself that it'll take time for the people on FTWD to become stiff as TWD crew. But I don't think I have the patience to wait it out.

I'll check in periodically on this thread, but I think I'm going to just save FTWD for binging on later.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

From the looks of it, looks like I did a good thing skipping this one. I've got better things to do with my time on Sunday nights especially given that GOT starts in less than two weeks. Why would I commit to this right now? Are people just that in love with Zombies?

19. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

It was ok. The family drama is so stupid. I was cringing when the Mom went in to talk to the kid "I remember the first time I hit my father"

We can do without that BS

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Tough crowd in here. You guys act like this is Fear the Gilmore Girls or something. It's not that bad :p