1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Turn it on ESPN Classic NOW! Calvin Murphy baton twirling championships...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 31, 2013.

1. bmd

bmd Member

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

LOL!

2. HTM

HTM Member

I don't have ESPNC:

[​IMG]

3. mikennite

mikennite Member

What channel is that on comcast?

4. Metta

Metta Member

I've seem him do it in person, wearing the weird costume and all! It made me uncomfortable.

5. bmd

bmd Member

It's too late. It's over. I searched Youtube for a video and can't find anything, so I'll upload a video of what I just watched.

Give me a few minutes.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Dude was a national champion as a kid. Even won a state championship while playing for the Rockets. Rockets fans used to know this. But after he got kicked off the broadcast team, I guess the younger fans weren't exposed to Calvin as much and now don't know these things.

I remember going to Calvin's basketball camp back when I was in middle school, the same year he was inducted into the HOF. I'm pretty sure I remember him doing a twirling routine for us.

7. bmd

bmd Member

Found this on Youtube... Calvin Murphy twirling with Red Auerbach.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LmI9MSuXtdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Don't you mean fofoamtable?

1 person likes this.
  9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

awesome video!!

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

he taught my cousin to twirl back in the 80's - which is kinda funny since my cousin is a muscled up black dude