1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tucker Carlson] When keeping it real goes wrong...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What was his job while he phoning in to these radio shows like this? Did he not have a TV show back then? It's strange that this is only now becoming a story.

The comments he is under fire for seem to range from political incorrectness in drawing a moral distinction between different levels of what the legal system calls rape to old-fashioned misogynistic chatter that once upon a time you could kind of laugh off or roll your eyes at but now is not supposed to be tolerated.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

**** MediaMatters

bunch of dirtbags

BruceAndre likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Back in the distant era of 2009? When facebook only had 500 milllon monthly active users?

His job was, Tucker Carlson, Fox News channel contributor.

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Yes, how dare they publicize direct quotes from a member of the media.

jboslett, Nook, jo mama and 2 others like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Yea, those meanie heads, reporting what he actually said.

jboslett likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

So folks defending carlson on decade old comments? How about two year old comments?

Tucker Carlson Defended Statutory Rape in 2017 With Proud Boys Founder Gavin McInnes
    The Fox News star dismissed his past defense of statutory rape as being ‘more than a decade ago.’ But more video shows he’s done it as recently as two years ago.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucke...n-2017-with-proud-boys-founder-gavin-mcinnes/

adoo likes this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

MediaMatter was created specifically to take down any right wing commentators on television and radio. They assemble mobs to go after advertisers. It's literally their job.

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The person from media matters said she went through 100s of hours of tapes to find something that would make Tucker look bad. Imagine dedicating your life into silencing someone you don't like. This is such horseshit.

BruceAndre likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Hmm... seems to me, if you can somehow avoid saying offensive things like supporting statutory rape on TV or the radio then you don't have to worry.

jboslett likes this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

It's only offensive when you need it to be.

I can dedicate my life going through all your posts on here from all the way back to 2002 and I'm sure I can find something you posted and pretend that it offended me.

BruceAndre likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

You don't think supporting statutory rape is offensive? Wow, you must really be a carlson fan. And I suspect that puts you in an even smaller minority than dedicated trump defender.

But if you want to spend your life going through my posts, have at it. AT least you will learn a few things. I would be even more appreciative if you can get me on a cable news network. Then when you bring me down it will really be worth it.

jboslett likes this.
  13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Tucker is the Silverback Gorilla of the prime time network news and commentary! :D

[​IMG]

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Holy **** dude. You completely missed my point

Media Matters looks through a conservative history to try to find dirt on them so they can SILENCE THEIR RIGHT WING VIEWS.

They don't care about offensiveness because if they did they would go after anyone.

Media Matters specifically targets one group.

Do you understand why this is problematic?

15. durvasa

I think it is at least debatable whether a “mature” woman in her 20s having a sexual relationship with a 16 year old or 17 year old male is actually harming him. So Carlson’s position is that it generally is not harmful. Why is that offensive? Are there any studies showing actual harm that’s inflicted as a result of this is significantly worse than the usual harm any sexually active young person is at risk of?

jboslett and Pringles like this.
  16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. NewRoxFan

Again, carlson or any other right wing news media would not have to worry about Media Matters or any media watchdog if they can simply avoid saying offensive things like supporting statutory rape. It really is that simple.

btw, there are right wing liberal media watchers out there too. If you want to avoid seeing right wing media types embarrassed, just watch fox and their guests.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Media Matters spends all its energy and resources to find anything they deem inappropriate said or written by a right wing personality.

What do you think their end goal is? What are they trying to accomplish? Answer this question and don't dodge it.

19. durvasa

First, who gets to decide if something is offensive?

Second, if causing offense is the problem here, why would you want to create more exposure for it and thereby offend more people with it.

Doesn’t it seem that the goal is not to reduce offense caused, but rather to take down a person for having views they really dislike?

20. NewRoxFan

No, carlson supporting statutory rape on the radio (and not just a decade ago, but again two years ago) is the reason carlson should lose his job... not because Media Matters reported on it. And trust me... I am losing any part of my humanity if carlson loses his job for his comments.