1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's SOTU address thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 29, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’ll opt for watching the Rox game.

Teleprompter Trump and “this is when Trump became president” hot takes sound like a complete waste of time.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Van Jones can suck a **** if he says that crap again. lol

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Was hoping this might be a thread actually discussing the speech, not a Democratic circle jerk. Silly me, carry on.

mick fry and cml750 like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I guess letting Joe Kennedy give his rebuttal before slamming him is asking for too much, right?

Having a recognizable name is now seen as a negative by some of you? Does anyone seriously believe that Mr. trump would have "won" if he hadn't been a famous reality TV "star" and so-called billionaire? Wow.

6. NewRoxFan

The speech hasn't happened yet.

Nook, joshuaao and R0ckets03 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

... but maybe trump will say something like this?

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Trump - The biased media, left wing nut jobs and all of Hollywood hate me, You’re welcome America!

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

So far he's just been a famous last name it's time for him to do something make a statement.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

I hope you have some soda to wash down all the BS 45 is going to be saying to go with your popcorn.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Your mommy let's you have junk food on weekdays?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not just his last name though, the original Joe Kennedy was one of the most successful criminals in American history.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I completely agree. If there's one thing the family is famous for, it's giving a good speech. That was true with Jack and Bobby, at any rate, Ted just being OK in comparison. So we'll see who Joe takes after. I hope it's his grandfather, Robert Kennedy. Jack was better giving a speech than Bobby (none better, in my opinion - I saw him give one at Rice Stadium), but Bobby was really, really good and had more liberal views than his late brother. I'm still bitter that he was murdered, seeing it happen live late at night on TV. It's the only time I've wept when something like this happened to a political figure. He was that good and I have absolutely no doubt that he would have won the nomination. Senator Kennedy had just taken the California primary - Humphrey, a decent man who would have been a good president himself, having no chance after that win, and Bobby would have stomped Dick Nixon in 1968. That would have given us a far different country today. It would have changed the future in a positive way. There's not a doubt in my mind.

Joe? Joe Kennedy needs to give a good rebuttal and make a good impression, if he has hopes of running for higher office at some point in the future. I've heard good things about him. He is very intelligent, having degrees from both Stanford and Harvard, has a striking appearance with that red hair, looking every inch a Kennedy, with progressive/liberal views on a host of issues. I've read disdainful comments here about Joe from people who know nothing about him except his last name, apparently. I find it fascinating that there are those complaining about who he is. That he's a Kennedy, like that's a bad thing. I've followed politics for decades now, and name recognition is extremely important if a candidate wants to win. Joe was born with it, and I see nothing wrong with him taking full advantage of that in an attempt to serve this country.

edwardc likes this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Says it all...

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Going further with the drinking game; grab your significant other by the *ussy every time he makes the tiny fingers together point of lies hand motion..

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Put so facts with your statement sir.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

I totally again his rubuttal will be key fighting points in the 2020 election cycle.

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

How is anyone supposed to actually discuss a speech that hasn't taken place yet? Are you sure you didn't just come into this thread to b**** about Democratic circle jerks?

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I need to see a picture of this hand motion

20. Anticope

Anticope Member

I'm sure the SOTU will be the terrible, rambling mess that Trump speeches typically end up being. Maybe he'll spice it up and take a page out of Melania's book and plagiarize from an Obama speech, oops sorry, use "common words and phrases" from an Obama speech.