1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The one in China with 100 patients and the other in Italy with 40. Initial studies.

Do you even know the drugs and why they have been turned to by the medical community? I do because I have family that regularly takes chloroquine. I have to give that pill regualrly and anticipated this more than a month ago.

#541 dachuda86, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

and what about ordering companies to make them?

Like testing, is this admin going to wait till it’s too late?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Quit trolling. I’m sure you think it’s amusing, but it is not. You are misleading people with your BS.

BaselineFade and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. biina

biina Member

Those were not studies or do you think uncontrolled trials qualify as studies?.

You don't seem to know much about clinical studies and being familiar with an anti-malaria drug doesnt grant you an expertise in the field.

FranchiseBlade and T_Man like this.
  5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bar chart shows new cases and deaths dropping. Which is good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

El_Conquistador and dachuda86 like this.
  6. biina

biina Member

There is no 'dropping', which would be a continuous process, for which a single day drop does not qualify.

Save your failed attempt at misinformation for the rest of your ignorant Trump followers

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The level of anger seen at any good news regarding this virus with the left is interesting. BTW I'll be voting for Biden.

8. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I am firmly a Democrat and am happy about the drop in deaths from yesterday to today.

I also can acknowledge that a one day drop in deaths is not necessarily indicative that we have reserved the trend for good.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.time...ssful-drug-trial/amp_articleshow/74754225.cms

I do not claim to be an expert first off. I just have first hand experience with the drug and have followed this longer. I have read the white papers on this. Second those were studied thus making them studies. Maybe not the ones you want. There has been a third initial study. Sorry if this word choice bothers you as I am not a medical researcher. Are you? Maybe you consider them something else but I never claimed these were the end all be all of evidence on efficacy. But this is promising so get over yourself. Maybe read the existing literature too if you are interested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.time...ssful-drug-trial/amp_articleshow/74754225.cms

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

A drop means decease.. That was a decrease so yes a drop. Stop ******** all over this forum with negativity. Go and buy some toilet paper or something.

11. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

What are we fighting about here? Let’s be relieved that the number of deaths decreased, while still acknowledging the long road ahead.

Board members have every right to express concern with Trump’s handling of this all - his admin has not provided the guidance or supplies our states need to combat this crisis. He attacks reporters and repeatedly tries to offload responsibility, instead of being the consoler in chief that our country has had with previous presidents.

This nation is at a point of high anxiety. We used to be able to look to our leaders and our institutions to provide us comfort in dire situations. Listening to the experts, who are asking us to take drastic measures ASAP, would go a long way in 1) reigning in this issue, and 2) giving many of us confidence in this administration’s ability to handle it.

Let’s put pressure on our politicians and one another to treat this issue seriously, while also celebrating the wins that do come, no matter how small.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People have the right no doubt and should but that is two times that poster has stretched and shat upon the English language to do so. In a rude manner no less.

But please get everything off your chests... it is cathartic and helps. I should remind people that panic won't make things better though. Let us try to keep our cool.

13. biina

biina Member

What you see as good news is simply your own delusions.

It's only common sense that, until better treatment is available, number of death will grow with infection, and the rate will only get worse as the healthcare system gets overwhelmed.

Unfortunately the idiot you follow blindly,
    There is a difference between 'a drop' and 'dropping' or did you skip the grammar class?

14. biina

biina Member

What you are referencing are just claims based on purported anecdotal evidence.

I understand a drowning man grasping at any twig within reach, but for all we know, someone has a vested interest in increasing the sale of Chloroquine.

I will take it seriously when someone actually presents substantiated clinical studies under controlled environment and not some biased administration with no details on medical profile of patients.

Let's wait and see the result from something like the Minnesota study before getting our panties in a bunch.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. NewRoxFan

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I was about to post the very same thing. Wow, did we just become best friends?

The trend is headed in the right direction! If anything, the concept of exponential growth is completely destroyed for both DEATHS and now CASES too. Most red-blooded Americans will be really happy about this. Many on here won't be, because they want to see the Trump economy damaged.

GOOD DAY, no GREAT DAY now that the trend is broken!

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the goal of social distancing. I pray it is real.

19. NewRoxFan

Hospitals, nurses call on Trump to 'immediately' ramp up medical supplies amid coronavirus outbreak
    https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-call-on-trump-to-immediately-ramp-up-medical

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Dr. Fauci is an American hero...

BaselineFade, joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.