1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you down trend for sure

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw that on the news. That smug pompous jerk smiling just rubbed me the wrong way. I can't wait to see that whole arrogant bunch's world come tumbling down. Prison would be a nice start for their life "after" the election.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I haven't been given grief about wearing masks, but when someone mentions my now much longer hair I'm quick to comeback with the - what, were you waiting at midnight to get your haircut? Did you get your nails done too? Schedule a waxing? Those types of people really get HOT quick over it too. Snowflakes.

Me personally - no issue with mani/pedis for guys. But these anti-mask jokers get MAD. Lulz.

Ubiquitin, B-Bob and tinman like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bro they jealous you got hair period!

hahahahahaha

Ziggy likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Remember that whole "pull out of WHO"? Well, maybe he forgot...

Trump’s decision to leave WHO came with bluster, but no action so far
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/11...e-who-came-with-bluster-but-no-action-so-far/

Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In fact... maybe he forgot this too...

White House goes quiet on coronavirus as outbreak spikes again across the U.S.
    It’s been more than a month since the White House halted its daily coronavirus task force briefings.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/10/white-house-stops-talking-about-coronavirus-309993

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump doesn't want to face reality. He takes care of numero uno. He will ensure people he comes into contact with are tested daily. He can vote by mail. He can tweet, golf, and watch Fox News all day and stay in his Covid-Free bubble.

He can put his head in the sand and avoid facing the truth about the surge and tweet about mail in vote fraud, without a worry at all. He can push his puppets to not allow in person voting, in hopes that it prevents a lot of scared older people from going in to vote for Biden. He is as scared of the results as the people voting against him are of risking catching Coronavirus by standing in line for hours. We see how well that went in Georgia.

If there is a second, more dangerous wave, Trump will not sway on this, and our Texas Representatives are doing the same. Their refusal to accept mail in voting, and their lying about having to meet guidelines for each phase of reopening shows me they only care about 3 things. Pleasing Trump, keeping Texas Republican, and putting money in their pockets. Health and truth come later.

HARRIS COUNTY RANKS 5TH IN US FOR COVID-19 CASE GROWTH
    Doctors say to not assume that relaxed restrictions mean the threat of the coronavirus is behind us.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/h...owth/285-2a4f8a77-0650-44ba-ac2c-6192207dbb72

#3727 deb4rockets, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Ubiquitin and RayRay10 like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Criminal in Chief has a long history of not pulling out.

Andre0087, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Deleted

#3730 deb4rockets, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And people not really being sure he's in.

London'sBurning and RayRay10 like this.
  12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Great news! Today marked the lowest daily death rate since March 25th in the US! The seven day trend peaked long ago.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

People can't go back to normal anytime soon. That's the sad and scary part. The cases have been rising rising upward for awhile now.

Up to May 15 our highest 7 day average of new cases peaked at 1294. May 24 that average dropped to a 7 day low of 1070. Since June 1st our 7 day average has never dipped back down to the old high of 1294 daily cases. Our 7 day average is now at 1926.

As cases rise hospitalizations rise, and deaths will rise, especially if we don't flatten the curve. Now is not the time to ease more restrictions. People with no symptoms are the biggest spreaders of the virus, especially if they aren't wearing masks.

Right now we aren't at a level of danger, but the Texas Medical Center is reporting a 3% increase of hospitalizations daily. That is concerning. People just need to be safe, stop putting others at risk by being careless or selfish and stop the spread. Our Governor wants to close his eyes to the dangers of all his easing restrictions as long as Trump toots his horn.

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/ne...ents/285-314cd1c0-9c35-4d11-bf10-2df791c081ec

#3733 deb4rockets, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. bigtexxx

Cases rise with testing. Can you understand that?

Why are deaths dropping like a rock in Texas? Please explain.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Honestly, I can't reason with you if you don't think a 3% daily rise in hospitalizations could lead to a problem with ICUs available if this trend continues. Death rates are not rising now, which is good. We have hospital beds and supplies. That doesn't mean if the rise continues at this rate that it will stay that way. I hope for the best but am not blind to the trends and concern.

17. bigtexxx

You continue to try to use scare tactics that "the big wave is coming!!", yet the daily deaths keep dropping. Our hospitals have capacity. 3% rise does not impress me - that's tiny.

18. Nook

Nook Member

That is great news!

Let's home that it continues and lets continue listening to the experts on how to handle the situation.

joshuaao, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

So, I go here to get weekly updates on death rates from the CDC...you can export a spreadsheet that gives you the causes of death, by state, and which shows historical data going back to last year.
    https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/muzy-jte6

The column to look in isn't COVID related...those are being counted. The column to look at for each state is "Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00-R99). Last year around this same timeframe, and even the first couple of weeks of 2020, this number was usually in the 30's-50's for the state of Texas. About Week 8 of this year, that number jumped up into the 60's, week 15, it jumped to over a 100 and it hasn't gone below since...peaking at 237 in week 19.

Let's be kind and say that anything over 60 in that column probably has to do with Covid...that adds on an additional 1,090 deaths which pushes the total Texas total over 3,000 instead of just below the 2,000 it is now. Texas is still doing well with it's death count compared to total cases in relation to other states that have had as many, but 3,000 puts them more in line with other states.

But, it isn't just Texas...take Florida which topped out at 74 last year, suddenly hit 80 in the last week of hte year, hit 105 in Week 5 of 2020, and then crossed the 100+ marker again in week 8 while not dropping below since. Their peak was 304 just two weeks ago. I'll be kind and say that anything below 80 is normal. Using that, their probably death total from COVID probably goes up 1,660...Instead of just under 3,000, they go up to over 4,500 total deaths.

But not to pick on just red states, California was sitting in the 30s-50s for the same column through much of 2019. Towards late 2019, you could see a small shift higher...and then, in week 2 of 2020, they hit 101, in Week 7, they again went over 100 and haven't dropped below since, peaking at 332 just 3 weeks ago. Putting their max at 50, there are an additional 2,596 deaths that they put in this column during the timeframe...adds 2,596 more deaths which pushes their total over 7,500...3rd most in the US.

Just about every state shows more additional deaths in this category during the COVID timeline...some states had nothing in this column all last year, and then suddenly is reporting deaths in this column since February consistently. At the end of May, I went through and tried to do a rough estimate like I did above, and it added about 25,000 additional deaths to the just under 100,000 there were at the time. I haven't done it for every state since, but I'd imagine we'd probably be around 30K-35K additional deaths now.

Would this new number make much of a difference in people's attitudes...probably not...but it does lead credence to the theory that COVID deaths are being severely undercounted.

joshuaao, Ziggy, JumpMan and 2 others like this.
  20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Very very true. Deaths are the only thing that matter. I mean, who gives a crap if an increasing number of people get hospitalized and seriously ill, intubated, or have respiratory function compromised. That is clearly no big deal.