1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump working to free A$AP Rocky

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jul 20, 2019.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    A very easy question to answer. Tax cuts and deregulation reversed the damage done to the economy under Obama. Trump grew the economy in the face of rising interest rates, and grew it at levels that Obama never touched. Obama had literally the most stimulus of any President ever, yet his poor policies stunted our growth. Trump led the bi-partisan passage of criminal justice reform. And of course Trump has worked hard, despite Democratic opposition, to stem the tide of illegal immigration. No one suffers more from illegal immigration than low income African Americans. That's just a fact.

GOOD DAY

mick fry and Astrodome like this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

1) You can help black people and still be racist just like you can help a woman and still be sexist

2) I don’t think Trump is any more racist than the average person. He’s a master manipulator who has tricked a lot of scared, undereducated white people into believing that he’s the solution to their self imposed problems.

3) A$ap Rocky is an ******* and he deserves to rot where he is.

4) Trump is making the wrong decision to help him, but he’s a businessman who will never pass up an opportunity for good press.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know that the damage to economy happened under Bush and the economy has grown slower under Trump than Obama - that's just a fact.
    Illegal immigration does not hurt African Americans nearly as much as a low minimum wage - that's just a fact.
    Trump's immigration policies have not impacted African unemployment significantly as African American unemployment hasn't changed significantly under Trump compared to Obama - that's just a fact.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Keep saying Bullshit.......at some point...u MAY actually believe it.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Education Post]
    Allow me to set you straight, young man. It's OK to be wrong, as you are, but what's more important is to learn. Who better to learn from than the legend himself, The_Conquistador. Class is in session:

This is demonstrably false. Read it and weep.
    https://www.multpl.com/us-real-gdp-growth-rate/table/by-year

No actually what a minimum wage does is make illegal jobs that pay below the minimum wage. Quite obviously, making these jobs illegal reduces the number of jobs, thereby disproportionately slamming African Americans. Those who can least afford to lose their jobs will do so after minimum wage hikes. It's a pity. Have you not heard of the automation trend? People calling for minimum wage hikes are like DINOSAURS. So outdated. We have to keep up with the times.

Wrong again, young man. AA unemployment is down to RECORD LOWS under Trump. Thank you President Trump for enabling this with solid, pro-growth policies. The opposite of what Obama implemented.

OWNED

mick fry likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WRONG!

Looking at one year and a quarter of GDP is not a valid comparison first of all. But let's look at unemployment since that is what we are talking about:

[​IMG]

Clearly most of the gains in Unemployment and the steepest improvements happened under Obama, not Trump.

Now lets talk about AA unemployment. Under Obama it dropped from a high of 16% to 6.3%

Under Trump - it's 5.9%
    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU04000006

Laughable that you give all the credit to Trump.

As for illegals hurts blacks - the proof that black unemployment dropped so low before Trump took office counters that argument completely. And a minimum wage hike does have an impact as it helps lower the crime rate since people have a better chance of earning a living.

Sounds like you just got OWNED!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

For those who are saying racist would not help a black man. In College sports in the 60s/70s, there were MANY coaches/athletic directors that were FLAT-OUT racist and said they would never have black players. That was until Black players began tipping the scales in basketball and football towards schools who integrated. These RACIST realized if they wanted to compete AND keep their jobs, they would need those black players. Many of these coaches (Adolf Rupp was famously one after losing to Texas Western) were still racist...but wanted to win.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

From the few seconds of footage I saw from ASAP's entourage where he gives these guys "fair warning" I'm inclined to think he's guilty. I assume they released their best exculpatory clips, and if that's the best they've got, they've got nothing. I guess we'll see when he gets his trial.

... cities that were segregated because of the racially discriminatory practices of jerks like Trump. Not sure what's unfair about it.

mick fry likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Blacks couldn't afford to live in Trump properties

You gon blame segregation on Trump who didn't take ober tbose properties till the 70's? Relax

Edit: Trump isn't turning down any money

#29 pgabriel, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  10. JuanValdez

Not all black people are poor, not even back in the 1970s. Redlining and segregation wasn't invented by Trump, but it doesn't have to be for him to be guilty of participating in the practice. Don't know why you want to contort yourself to minimize his complicity.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump isnt turning down any money. Ive never believed he wouldn't rent to blacks

He maybe an ******* but he isn't a racist like that and im not contorting myself. Im very confident in my thoughts on this .He isn't turning down anyone's money.

The federal government picked a high profile target. There is nothing concrete behind those charges

12. JuanValdez

Redliners in the rental market thought that having black residents would drive white flight and erode the market value of their units, costing them later. I'm sure his ultimate motivation was trying to maximize his profit by keeping the buildings white. Even without racial animus, it's a practice that was very destructive for black families who were charged more or shut out altogether from neighborhoods, schools, jobs and services that could have helped them build family wealth and educational attainment. I know your preference is for the black community to focus on the future and help themselves, but at least acknowledge what happened in the past.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never said it didn't happen in general. Dont project my thoughts please. Im saying i think they went after a high profile target in Trump to accomplish a larger goal.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. JuanValdez

On point A, I'll apologize and retract the implication. On point B, how high profile do you suppose Donald Trump and his father were in 1973? If they were targeted, it was because they owned and managed lots of rental property. Which is kinda appropriate considering they were concerned about discrimination in housing.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't just come up with the reasoning of the government making a concerted effort to integrate northern cities. Ive read that and i was trying to find the site i read that on. But what i read also made the point Trump was a high profile target.

Secondly his settlement with the government wasn't very punitive

17. JuanValdez

Happy to read the article if you find it. You're right on the settlement -- I think Trump simply promised not to discriminate anymore, and then there was another accusation later that he broke his promise and continued to discriminate anyway. I would be careful about taking the settlement as a barometer of the gravity of the offense, though.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LOL, what?

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"F the popo"

- A$AP Rocky

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really? This is hilarious......

He was accused of racism many times - was even sued over it for not letting minorities rent in his buildings and had to settle that suit.

Honestly, WTF is wrong with people - no one does any research...

EP