1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump won't rule out database, special ID for Muslims in US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...wont-rule-out-database-special-id-for-muslims

He's pandering to our very own Clutchfans with this one.

Maybe they could even tattoo the ID on the arms of every Muslim? Or maybe just have them wear a Crescent and Star on their sleeve, you know for anti-terrorism.

2. amaru

amaru Member

....wow......

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Trump seems comfortable with forsaking the things that have always made America what it is. Those freedoms he's willing to abandon at the first sign of difficulty.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

...Possibly the most blatantly racist candidate we've had.

5. TheresTheDagger

Trump is out of his mind. SMH.

He'll never get the nomination much less get elected.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I guess that's one way to go. :grin:

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if he did get the Republican nomination.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If he gets a nomination Hilary walks to a victory.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The republicans are all about the second amendment, but its ok to piss on the 1st amendment?

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Trump's numbers are ticking upwards again ever since he lowered the bar even further a few weeks ago, so I expect more of this.

Frankly when you have a party full of xenophobic morons who think a bunch of desert dip**** death cultists are going to invade their trailer parks tomorrow with red mercury bombs, this is not surprising at all.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not too thrilled with some of the members of our Supreme Court, but I don't think there's a chance in hell that more than one or two would twist themselves up to support this.

Though I could see Trump trying to fire the entire Supreme Court, "The Apprentice"-style, I don't think anybody would let him get away with it.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It does seem ridiculous now, right? It always does at first.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I rather wonder if he's trying to blow up his own nomination, but keeps getting rebuffed by the conservative base.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

this is going to make him more popular with the base, actually. trump knows exactly what he is doing...there are a shocking number of "conservatives" who are eating this stuff up and i bet his poll #'s go up.

id say he has the nomination locked up. who else is there? trump has crushed everyone who caught up with him and anyone who dared call him out...he swatted rick perry away like a fly when he challenged him and shortly afterwards perry quit.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It just proves how pathetic the Republican base is. Fear mongering p*****s.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that is Trump's Monkey Business moment.

Bye Trump!

And this is what people mean by how the idiots are actually helping ISIS by showing Muslims they aren't welcome in the west.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It also proves how truly bad the rest of the Republican candidates are, with none of them standing up forcefully to this stuff.

Anyone not Trump who ends up the nominee will have backed their way into it.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds rather crazy to me.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

But they have guns to protect themselves, so it doesn't matter.

20. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Trump concerns me. I think he has the nomination for the Republicans. I am very troubled by this fact. Have a quarter of my fellow Americans really gone this insane? Are things going to get worse? Will an actual Neo-Nazi have a chance at the nomination 4 years from now -- because, barring that, I don't see how we can get worse than Trump.

And what is really concerning to me is that, if he gets the nomination, he's got a puncher's chance against Clinton. Now, not to say he has a good chance, but, people hate Clinton. I hate her. Even Trump won't get someone like me to vote for her. I'd rather have Nixon as president for Christ's sake. The Democrats running people like her is why they have such a hard time getting out their base in elections -- because, if that's the best choice, what's the point of even voting? And what happens if she has another scandal during the election? Another stupid or corrupt thing she has done comes out, and this time it sticks for several media cycles -- and then Trump wins? It isn't likely, but it could happen.

I'm serious Clutchfans -- if Trump becomes president I am going to stop peacefully organizing nice community resources like I normally do, and I am going to start trying to organize partisan groups to help my fellow people of Mexican descent and others to resist Trump's psychotic proto-fascistic vision of America. If he thinks he can round up millions of people like he says he wants to without a fight, then he should have thought of that before he became such a staunch defender of the 2nd amendment.