1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump sides with Dems on Debt Ceiling Deal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 7, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Between your writing and my reading, I thought that you were saying that is was wishful thinking that Trump did something wrong.

Impeachment is a purely political process.

FWIW Trump is always looking to save his ass first. If he has to get into bed with the Dems to avoid impeachment, he will. Is there any doubt?

CometsWin likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I agree. The Congress needs to become a functioning body again. There is plenty of fertile ground, between moderate Repubs and the Dems.

Deckard likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

two interesting tweets:

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now you're talking! That's what many of us want on this side of the aisle, believe it or not.

Some things desperately need to get done, not the least being a huge infrastructure bill, something Democrats have always supported. If there were a hint of compromise from the GOP, Democrats in Congress would be eager to work with them, at least on infrastructure. Nothing has been done there because up until now, the Republican leadership has dismissed working with the other side.

#24 Deckard, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Serious question: Why would you be happy if Trump is impeached?

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This increases the impeachment odds because he is now alienating the very Republinuts that have stood by him regardless of his ineptitude. Win-win for Dems.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

He's become too big of a distraction for our country. I appreciated Trump for being an outsider and hoped he would bring change. But like the last 8 years, Hope and Change is just a fantasy. While Trump may not be aligning and following the party rules, he's not doing anything to make this country any better.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think so. Party over country, always.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The truest thing Trump has said since in office is " I don't stand by anything." This might be a short term win for Dems but I wouldn't count on this as some sign that he is coming around to the Democratic side. I think most likely this was a convenient way for him to address the crisises of hurricanes and the debt ceiling quickly while sticking it to Congresional Republicans.

dmoneybangbang and CometsWin like this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The notion of an "outsider" or independent changing Washington is straight up fantasy IMO. Especially when the outsider is incompetent and even more corrupt than the status quo.

Impeachment would make Trump a martyr and could destroy this country. I want him gone but not this way. Hopefully he resigns soon.

London'sBurning and CometsWin like this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think you vastly overestimate the support for Trump. People will care if he is impeached on subjective evidence like RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA just for principle alone, but if he legitimately violates his oath, most people will gladly accept Pence. A rabbling crowd in Charleston does not reflect the mood of the country. It reflects the biased media who is only interested in selling headlines.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Trump sides with Dems... Dems are now condemning him for it.

What? Impeach?Racist?

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you post where someone is condemning him for it that is considered a 'Dem'?

14. tmacfor35

Social media. I am not saying per se in "clutchfans."

I have learned not to attack dems on this site. Yall take stuff way to personal in here.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh Jesus...

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not overestimating his support at all. The problem is I doubt Trump and the kooks that make up his core would accept it well.

Nobody believes the crowd in Charleston reflects the mood of the country so that isn't even relevant.

Of course, you have to blame the media again. I guess you can't go to that empty well often enough. You sound just like a Trumpkin. :rolleyes:

17. fchowd0311

You believing that 'we take things personal' probably.means you take it more personally because everyone especially here just sees it as debate hence 'Debate and Discussion'.

18. tmacfor35

Shoot, the first page of this thread you are questioning someones posting credibility due to not agreeing with you. I think you are wrong on that one.

19. fchowd0311

Posting credibility?

No I'm just stating that he has logical inconsistencies which is fair game in a 'DEBATE & discussion' sub forum.