1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Should Invite Putin to White House ASAP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Granville

Granville Member

No, I just think he pretty self absorbed if he thinks to think threatening to put grown me on his ignore list means a damn thing to anyone besides him.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Seems to matter to you... you have mentioned it a few times... I don't know who nor care who ignores me, and for all I know, everyone does.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh, "cumulative metrics"! Tell us: which country would you like to live in more than the USA?

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't want to live anywhere else but that's not the point. There are plenty of great countries who don't have violence, obesity, drug & alcohol issues, education issues (barely top 40), and still have democratic ideals. With our resources we should not have these issues yet we do. Don't move the goalpost fool.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I said America is the best country.
    You said you don't want to live anywhere else.
    You want to solve "violence, obesity, drug & alcohol issues, education issues . . . and still have democratic ideals" by inviting Putin to the White House, flushing the media and DC politicians down the toilet, and slapping intelligence and military leaders in the face. Your logic speaks for itself.

6. ipaman

Eh... you're clearly a checkers player while the rest of us big boys are playing chess.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're really starting to look like a troll. You said you are the parent of children? God help them.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You do realize Chess and even Checker require logic right?

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You didn't even respond to Juan's post by the way, so are you refusing to sit at the table youngblood?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ipaman is obviously only interested in posting the latest "alternative facts" from sources like Breitbart "News" and the like. He has no original thoughts that I can detect, in my humble opinion. I don't think the guy is stupid, like some of those who post the same ridiculous stuff, but there appears to be something messed up in his thought process. With all due respect for ipaman, of course.

11. Granville

Granville Member

Good for you.

12. Granville

Granville Member

Pretty low and petty to drag his kids in to this.

ipaman likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Actually, if he was insulting or attacking the kids, it would be pretty low.

I actually think people here would be better off if they paused and thought what our kids (or other family members... or even friends) would think of us if they read our posts? I suspect we would all post more carefully if we worried about that...

14. ipaman

I might have missed it because he didn't mention me or reply. I'll have try go back a look.

Deckard likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't care if my kids read my posts in D&D. Now in Hangout? god, I hope not! (lots of comments, etc., connected to sex and/or the lifestyle I lived back in the 1960's and '70's) They're grown guys now, and were both voters for Bernie back in the Democratic primaries, voters for Hillary in the general. I'm very proud of both of them. I'm also not ashamed of my political beliefs and see no reason to hide them. After all, unlike my now retired significant other, I don't work for the Texas Legislature (or the executive branch of the US government). She had to be very, very careful with her political opinions. Yes, holding liberal views can be dangerous to your job if you are an executive in today's Texas state government.

16. NewRoxFan

LOL... forgot about Hangout. But I wasn't referring to political beliefs (at least my kids share my beliefs) though I suspect some may temper their right wing rhetoric (perhaps). I was more referring to how insult others here.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Got it! All I can say is that I grew up with a father that was a veteran of the Navy during WWII. I heard much worse on occasion (in a different context, of course) while I was growing up, than what I read here, or post here, for that matter. I am my father's son. ;)

Having said that, both kids are very well spoken. We rarely hear a "cuss word" from either of them!

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We won't ever really know now. Bernie was promising to be a sort of agent for change, but I didn't get the impression that he'd be the sort to piss on American democracy, so I think they're different. He wanted to have different conversations, not different institutions. I think Trump will suit you much better -- as a burn-it-all-down sort of change agent, there really isn't anything Trump will consider holy. Bernie would have had boundaries.

The political lens I use, I think of them as polar opposites. The unifying feature I see in Trump policymaking is amoralism. He does not want any scruples get in the way of what he sees as effective policy. If he has to deport 12 million people, torture terrorists, ban all Muslims, undermine the media, undermine the courts, make friends with ruthless dictators, he'll do it. He doesn't care who gets hurt if he can set the rules how he likes them. If only the rest of the political system would let him. Bernie is just the opposite. He lets his moral compass dictate the policy he should advocate for. I don't know how far down that road he'd go. Would he surrender American dominance to play fair? Would he be unwilling to get his hands dirty in the way American presidents always get their hands dirty? He didn't get far enough for me to feel like I know. But, the way I look at politics, Trump and Bernie don't look alike at all. They each seem like the manifestation of what the other one most detests.

My wife has a login. And she's criticized me before for stuff I've said here. So I try not to let my id take over.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No it's not. This guy is parenting one or more humans.

20. Granville

Granville Member

He was insulting them by saying that they were recipients of bad parenting and were in need of help.