1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Should Invite Putin to White House ASAP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Mar 5, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Russian civilians and American civilians will get along fine just like they do now. My territory is NYC and I work with plenty Russians in NYC, and they are fine. Oddly enough, when you talk politics (after a few drinks usually), they hardly ever agree with Putin's authoritarian approach of governing, and certainly aren't fans of invading Ukraine, supporting Assad's regime, etc.

if you think a good deal of Russians don't oppose Putin you don't know what you are talking about

Just one of the many protests.

[​IMG]

Point being... Our American Grandchildren, and Russian Grandchildren will get along fine. They want a free press, a true democracy, peace, and prosperity just like we do. What they don't have that we do though is a free press, democracy, and the same level of economic prosperity.

History lesson -

However there is a faction of Russian Power Players (Putin being the ringleader of course) that have watched billions of dollars & power in the world fall off a cliff since the Soviet Union collapsed and BILL Clinton DID NOT continue Reagan & Bush sr.'s promise to keep the Baltic States from joining NATO. That's why Putin & Co. have a beef with the Clintons of course, and he blames them for much of why they have been stripped of power over the Baltic States. Their invasion of Ukraine was a NATO violation which imposed major sanctions which has let to their economy struggling to the point where Brazil, and Italy have larger economies now.

That's just one reason & ultimately the most important reason why Trumps bromance with Putin is problematic and why Trump fans have no idea what they are talking about. NATO is the major reason why WW3 hasn't happened yet, and Russia is a threat to that alliance breaking up. Being "Friends" with Russia isn't a good thing until Russia leaves Ukraine alone, and NATO sees their efforts calmed down enough to remove their sanctions.

Point being... our allegiances on a world stage need to go towards protecting our NATO alliances over the country that is challenging that and threatening our allies. The countries that would have our back if lets say North Korea attacked us.

Sorry buddy but I just don't think you know what you are talking about with Russia.

Lastly..... Our Intelligence officials (many of whom are coming from the Air Force, Navy, Army, etc. factions) are the people behind the scenes keeping your bank account from getting hacked. They are protecting us from home grown terrorist attacks. And they protect our economy from the many cyber attacks they conduct to destabilize our economy, steal IP, and sell our secrets to bad foreign actors.

Not sure if I should give this much information but ... Just a couple of weeks ago, my brother in law (who works in intelligence) made an arrest of an attacker (in our country) who stole plans from the Navy seals newest chopper and was selling the plans to ... i'll just say a country in the middle east.

Our intelligence community deserves your respect, and shame on you and others who choose to believe conspiracy theories on the fringes over the internet that these people that are SERVING AND PROTECTING YOU are corrupt and trying to hurt your King Trump. Even James Comey who we all should be critical of injecting himself into politics still should have our respect for his service. Are they perfect.... No. Do they inject their political opinions from time to time when they shouldn't... yes. But in the end, they are there to keep YOU safe, and prosperous. They do not need to be b**** slapped in the face, and stripped apart like your Conspiracy Theory Ring Leader Steve Bannon openly wants to do.

#41 dobro1229, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I respect them but they aren't immune from a wake up call slap. And for the record, their best isn't good enough yet because I had CC fraud and my SS number stolen twice the last couple of years. They can do better unless you think they can't.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Do you know why that is.... because we have MASSIVE amounts of our military budget going to Boeing & Lockheed to build planes, and ships (at a time of relative peace in soldier warfare) and there is a massive man power problem in cyber security & intelligence. My brother in law tells me all the time that they are severely understaffed, and much of their process is manual. You want to make the country more secure & our financial institutions more safe.... take some of that massive 10% military budget increase, and invest it into upgrading our cyber security programs & staff these agencies. These guys are great at what they do, but they need more resources.

We are incredibly behind China especially here.... who have a major edge on us from a cyber tech perspective, and its hurting us BIG LEAGUE lol. Its 2017 man.... this is a technology driven world, and we are still stuck back in the stone age in alot of ways with our military. Less bullets & tanks more RAM & microprocessors.

I know that you are getting your information from Right Wing website that love to talk about conspiracies around "the Deep State" and the "industrial military complex" etc. I know where you are going with this, and I can't tell you enough how wrong you are here about 95% of the intelligence community. Its conspiracy theory nonsense coming from guys like Alex Jones & Mark Levin.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That you would attempt to equate Bernie and Trump is simply absurd. Have you paid any attention to what Mr. Sanders has being saying about Mr. Trump? Because if you had, you would already be off the Trump train. That you are not is very enlightening. You so-called "support" of Senator Sanders is a crock. Not a crock of gumbo, dude. A crock of ****. You should be ashamed of yourself, but clearly, you have no shame. All you are doing, with all due respect, is illustrating how willfully uninformed you are, and how you simply don't care that Trump not only lies to the American people damn near every time he opens his mouth, but that he has made a mockery of the office of President of the United States.

Oh, and please give your opinion on Trump's latest act of Twitter insanity. Do you believe that former President Obama had Trump's phone lines tapped? If so, how? A court order is needed, and there has to be a damned good reason for one to be approved. There is NO evidence of Trump's having his "phones tapped," or of a court order allowing it. And if there WAS a court order allowing it, what was the reason?

I have to add this - if I took the time to make a multiple paragraph reply to you, like Dobro has, and you responded with a nonsensical 3 sentence reply, you would go straight to my ignore list. You are wasting our time, ipaman.

#44 Deckard, Mar 6, 2017
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It'd stop the Russian speculation because everyone would have a heart attack once they saw by electing Trump we literally put a Putin surrogate in the White House. The last thing Trump needs right now is to make progress improving relations with Russia. Any kind of agreement will be more fuel for the Russia conspiracy fire.

They say only Nixon could travel to China, right? He had cultivated the right tough-on-communism credibility that it didn't look like treason when he did it. That's what Trump singularly does not have. If Obama or a President Clinton or a President Cruz or a President Kasich wanted to make a deal with Russia, I'd respect it and come up with all kinds of geopolitical rationalizations for it. Trump has completely soiled his reputation where it comes to Russian relations with multiple points of pre-election contacts... oh and that hacking-to-help-Trump-win thing.

I find this line of argument funny for me because I was a kid in the Reagan years watching Spies Like Us and wondering why I was supposed to think the Russians were so evil. They love their children, right? Enough so that I studied Soviet History in college, wrote my thesis on it, and became a big Gorbachev fan, the Last Menshevik. But, we don't really have a beef with Russians; we have a beef with Vladimir Putin, a dictator that subverted democracy in his country, murders political enemies, enriches friends, and invades sovereign nations. If it was Mikhail Gorbachev across the table, I'd be down for better relations. But, it's not. In fact, for dictatorial virulence and using murder to solve your problems, Putin is worse than Brezhnev, Khrushchev, and the short-lived Andropov and Chernenko. This is not a guy freedom-loving democracies should be doing business with. My Russia-loving side is going to have to wait until they fix their leadership problem.

6. ipaman

Agents for change goddamnit!! Are you guys facking with me or just morons? I hope you're facking me with for your sake.

And we've been a mockery for a long time boy. American is not the greatest country on earth, we're barely top 30 last I checked. With our democracy and resources that's pathetic.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

America is the best country in the world.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Morons? The only "moron" I can see in this thread is you. No one, that I can see, is "fracking" with you. You are "fracking" with yourself and ignoring substantive responses to your posts. I see no response to my comment about you and Bernie. No comment worth mentioning to Dobro's long posts. You are wasting our time, dude, and it's a bummer.

Change simply for the sake of change is an act of stupidity.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Will they sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom?

Rocket River

10. ipaman

Oh Jesus you are certified slow. They are equal as agents of change I've said that over and over and over and over again you poor b*stard. You must be the type only a mother could love.

11. ipaman

It's that type of thinking and talk that has us at 28th or 29th on cumulative metrics.

12. ipaman

No sleepovers on the first visit but an invite to Mar-a-Lago would be a nice gesture. Putin had a sleepover in Crawford didn't he? So it's not out of the question.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"You poor b*stard." That's rich. You are an eager consumer of false news, "alternative facts," who apparently wouldn't know the truth if it smacked you in the face. I pity you. You are truly a pitiful person, with all respect due.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. ipaman

I feel so sorry for you that even though I'm not religious at all I'll still pray for you.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if I took "Putin" and replaced the name with "Kim Jong-un", for all of your statements, would you feel the same way? Or does "being an agent of change" and "just getting along" have limits?

This is the true point of divergence. It's not that you want the world to get along and everybody else doesn't. It's that you think Pootie-Poot is one thing, and pretty much everybody else thinks he is something much more insidious.

Reading your defense of Putin is, to me, a whole lot like reading Denis Rodman's recent defense of "regular guy" Kim at the US Naval Academy.

The Parable of the Scorpion and the Frog

#55 Ottomaton, Mar 6, 2017
    FranchiseBlade and Deckard like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That makes as much sense as most of the rest of your posts - none at all.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You must have found this on a list of dumbest things ever written...

18. Granville

Granville Member

What are you doing man? Don't you realize you are close to going on that burnout's ignore list? Your life will be over if Deckard can't read your posts. I mean he keeps giving you "all due respect" before he insults you but he's not going to let you stay on his list forever man.

Lol at him thinking he has to announce who he ignores on an anonymous message board. It just tells you what you're dealing with

ipaman likes this.
  19. ipaman

It's too vulgar for me to say what I think about people who use ignore lists.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, it must mean something to you if you are still posting about being on his "ignore list."