1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Positive for Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe someone told him if he talked at the same time as Biden (i.e. when Biden's mouth was open), he would be more likely to catch covid from Trump.

Most likely, though, he wasn't getting tested because he's a baby and it felt uncomfortable, and they don't want to admit that. That being said, as I've said before in other threads, if that's true, and he has legit antibodies, one way or the other, it's acceptable to assume that he had covid for a week or two before the debate.

Either way, they're lying, Trump is a whiny baby, they have no clue when he got coronavirus, or he knew he had it and just didn't care, or more likely, all of the above.

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

This pretty much means that he really is ignorant and does not see the practical benefits of have wide spread testing. I can't tell if he kept dismissing testing because he was trying to deflect on the piss poor job he did earlier this ear or if he really thought testing was useless.

"If we test less, then we'd have less cases." Truly idiotic.

Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Someone said he was released today. Not sure if that's true or not, but hopefully it is.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

According to Christie, it's true

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

chris christie found out the hard way... that trump lies, about everything all the time, especially about COVID-19...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The lower the standards, the bigger the rewards.

Do the secret handshake with Michael Cohen to get your bag of unmarked bills.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Biden has now tested positive for the virus after a much needed trip to saudia arabia.

basso likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dude's old but sounds like he's fine. But it also doesn't matter if he dies -- we have an order of succession.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m aware of it. It’s not a big surprise, unfortunately. These trips are always going to be risky and the Covid variants have become increasingly contagious. I hope Biden recovers quickly. Regardless of how one feels about the guy, we need a healthy President in this dangerous world. More dangerous today than it has been in years.

It amazes me going to grocery stores and eateries in Austin how many are maskless, as if the “pandemic is over.” That’s the attitude being taken by the majority, in my opinion. Here in Austin, most of those locals have been vaccinated and have had the boosters, like we have. They have reasons to feel relatively “safe,” but they don’t realize just much risk is still there. I have 2 friends that caught it recently. Both had all the available shots and both said it was worse than any case of the flu they had ever had.

Another friend, who’s diabetic and had been dealing successfully with lower leg circulation issues for years, and was fully vaccinated, caught one of these new variants and it immediately made those issues far worse. He’s in the hospital now getting one of his lower legs amputated below the knee after trying every possible option to prevent it. People don’t realize just how contagious and how much impact this damn thing can still have.

I hate wearing a mask. I don’t know anyone who “enjoys it,” and I’m sick and tired of how Covid has disrupted our lives. “Thanks” for your idiocy, CCP. We’ve had 2 long planned vacations ended by it. We have friends we haven’t seen in months. Yet to read some of the posts here, it’s “no big deal.” I wish that were true. It isn’t.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Sniffing hair within the guidelines?

Biden pissing everyone off.

13. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yeah I'm curious to see what it's going to be like when I go back to the Northeast in the winter. Cases seem to go up when people are inside and the Northeast generally takes it more seriously.

The good news is treatments have improved and increased contagious usually means a virus is becoming less deadly. COVID is, ironically, going to become like the flu everyone wanted it to be early on...where there's going to be yearly or semi-yearly boosters for different strains. Viruses, once they are introduced, are rarely eradicated and the West in the late 20th/early 21st century has been spoiled in terms of avoiding most diseases.

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, for folks in a high risk category it's still quite debilitating, if not quite as fatal as it seemed a year or more ago.

some of my friends of the progressive sort have now embraced the "lab leak" (whether engineered or not) theory. I see you've acknowledged the China connection. trump may be an idiot, but he was not wrong. the sooner we can accept that, the sooner we'll be on the path to defeating the virus, and healing the body politic.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suggest we accept lab leak as a possibility. Claiming things as fact that are still not proven doesn't serve anyone.

If there is ever evidence to eliminate a possibility then we can remove it. Until then, it would be premature to strike something off of the list.

Deckard and TheJuice like this.
  16. basso

Supporting Member

and calling people racists for citing Occam's razor is perhaps non-productive.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lab leak certainly is in the realm of possibilty but arguments that "CHINA DID THIS DELIBERATELY TO TAKE DOWN TRUMP!" make no sense and fail Occam's Razor miserably.

Some of those arguments expressed a lot of bias and appeared to be made much more out of spite, ignorance and/or deflection.

FranchiseBlade and TheJuice like this.
  18. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Yeah Ive heard that. Ive also heard people claim Fauci made AIDS in a lab.

As Ive said before we'll be in deep **** not just for the next pandemic, but also for when diseases covered by the MMR start popping up here again. Vaccine hesitancy and distrust of doctors, CDC etc. are higher now combined with the existence of hippie woo moms, QAnoners, etc

19. basso

Supporting Member

I don't think Trump ever made that argument.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No he just insisted on calling it "Kung Flu".

FranchiseBlade likes this.