1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump on Ailes (and "complaining women")

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by shastarocket, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://www.nbcnews.com/widget/video-embed/731255875592" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey women of America, #TrumpIsWithYou!

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Of course Trump believes Ailes is a 'good person'. They both share the same ideology that the 1950s where sentiments were that women ought to just make sandwiches and lemonade while looking pretty is what America ought to be today.

3. supdudes

supdudes Member

When did Trump say that women should make sandwiches and just look pretty?

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Right here!

That's a sandwich, right?

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing that Ailes loyalists like <a href="https://twitter.com/seanhannity">@seanhannity</a> are telling people that what Paul, Weiss lawyers are finding was so bad Ailes &quot;had to go.&quot;</p>&mdash; Gabriel Sherman (@gabrielsherman) <a href="https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/757262028629221380">July 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://time.com/4354867/donald-trump-working-wife/

6. fchowd0311

Are you one of those dudes who believes the only way to be racist is explicitly state "I hate black people"?

7. supdudes

supdudes Member

Yes.

Yes I am.

Just like it is racist to say "I hate white people"

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you always not picked up on subtlety or is it something new for you? I'm genuinely curious. I'm not trying to be a jerk.

9. supdudes

supdudes Member

No don't worry about it. I don't think you sound like a jerk.

If by subtlety you meant that that post asking me if I believed in a narrow statement as the only definition of rascism...If that question was a satire of some brain-dead leftist moron, then my apologies to that poster. I misunderstood.

If that's not the case, read on...

Frankly I didn't think the question deserved a longer reply. My subtle point was that people's interpretation of the racism line has been so distorted, and that the word racism has been so diluted that it's lost so much meaning.

Calling for deportations and walls to keep out illegals isn't racist in my opinion. Afterall, Mexico has a strict southern border "wall" too.

Stating that a disproportionate number of illegal Mexicans commit crime is not racism.

Stating that Sharia law is unconstitutional and against Western values is not racism.

Stating that in 2016 the gender wage gap is NOT "70 something to the dollar" is not sexism.

Stating that people complain about something not rooted in fact is not discrimination.

Finally, no where in my post did I associate myself with Trump. All I asked was for someone to provide me the evidence that he is sexist. Btw, Hilary when she worked as senator paid her female employees less (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/23/hillary-clinton-as-senator-paid-women-72-cents-on-/).

Yet you don't see angry mobs of people calling Hilary a sexist.

Just wanted to clear the air here. I am genuinely interested in what folk's definition of sexism is, and exactly how Trump displays it.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was asking because when you answered the question as affirmative that is the only way someone can be racist. The supreme court found that literacy tests and other things that were different for black people was indeed racist. Even though, the laws that instituted those tests were never stated as a reason to keep black folks from voting. Yet that is indeed why they were put in place.

That was in the Jim Crow era of the South, and today almost everyone agrees that those laws were racist and targeted at black Americans. That is true even though the laws purposefully never mentioned keeping blacks from voting.

11. supdudes

supdudes Member

Sure. I suppose that my response could have been seen that way.

I agree. That was racism. It discriminated on the basis of policy. The black civil movement was needed at that time, just as feminism was needed at one time.

I'm not sure if that type of policy still exists today, though. In fact I read far more about affirmative action being the de facto policy for several institutes. Btw, that's a form of inequality of opportunity against whites in my opinion.

Finally, it seems far more common to see people use the words racist or sexist to describe people whose opinions differ from yours, without providing evidence. They just assume that because in their world that certain views are moral, therefore I am immoral if disagree with them.

Now I agree racism still exists in the states. But the question in question was how is Donald Trump sexist?

The answer should not be a slurry of "You blah blah blah this-ist blah blah that-ist." No.

Answer the damn question. "Donald Trump is sexist for the following facts."

That's all.

1 person likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

We can start here:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/po...tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

and work our way up to which one of those claims are credible or just slander but you must be the largest fool in the world if you think it's difficult to find sexist undertones/actions from Trump in his history. He's been known to be a sexist ******* well before his run for president.

13. supdudes

supdudes Member

Him inferring that there are no good moral women that will sign a prenup is a pessimistic view, and sexist...Even if it is based on truths of his experience. I admit that.

However the rest are weak.

"____would make a good wife.", calling out gold diggers as they are, saying he is attractive to women.

I would never criticize a man for saying those things. In fact those are things which appeal to my sense of masculinity.

I often think if a girl would make a good wife. I dislike women such as Elon Musk's wife and many others. I feel confident in my attraction of women...

So call me a fool. Call me a sexist.

All I have to say in defense is that your definitions are dissimilar to mine.

And that's okay. I'm sure we both enjoy our lives.

1 person likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

supdude? My favorite poster of the day!

1 person likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why don't Trump supporters get out their "White Power" signs? Because that is what it is about.

DD

1 person likes this.