1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This man is sounding like a dictator, and his supporters seem like that's what they want.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

People need journalism. If, hypothetically, journalism functions within a system where the funders of journalism and the funders of corrupt politicians can legally be the same people, and the journalists and the politicians prioritize profit over everything else, then you have an unacceptable problem. If Journalism's #1 goal is not to distinguish good information from bad information, then it is useless. It can't be the #2 goal. If it's the #2 goal, then in the instances where it favors profit over good journalism, it will destroy its credibility and cross the narrow line into entertainment. Leaving people without journalism.

3. conquistador#11

So basically just watch Fox

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Never have I wanted someone removed from office so much as I do this clown. He's a traveshamockery of this country.

And it's just the beginning. What a joke.

Maybe he'll be the death of political parties as he drives a wedge between everyone in Washington. That would be a nice legacy to leave.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

“We need a free press. We must have it. If you want to preserve - I’m very serious now - if you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free, and many times adversarial, press. And without it I’m afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started.” -- John McCain, on Meet the Press this morning.

Yung-T and B-Bob like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

"Why do we need to tell people what they need to hear? Why can't we just tell them what they want to hear?" -- Ron Burgundy

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I didn't ask for these powers, I was given them." - Brick Tamland

B-Bob likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh yes, we should. :D Here's Chris Wallace, an actual journalist, just going all up in Rinsed Pubes business.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lied again yesterday. This guy uses classical projection. Lies so much he can't realize it, and accuses everyone else of doing so

10. TheresTheDagger

Careful. The far left will accuse you of being in the Trump tank for daring to suggest anyone watch "Faux News".

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There are two journalists with integrity at Fox... Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hee Hee. I like checking Fox on occasion to get out of my dumb bubble.

But I'll tell you what: I've been participating in this forum for a while, and I think the only think that would get me labeled as a Trump supporter is trying to defend things like tweeting that a huge portion of America is the enemy of the American people. Vile stuff like that. :)

13. Buck Turgidson

I've never watched much of Smith but I've always liked Chris Wallace.

Who are the few at CNN? BBC? MSNBC? edit: ABC/CBS/NBC? (honest question from someone who rarely watches tv news except for segments on the internet)

#73 Buck Turgidson, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Damn media.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Disney gutted Mike Ovitz and Harvey Weinstein like catfish, I don't think some webcam dork was on a particularly long leash with them to begin with.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Much of the media has brought this on itself. They gave Trump $2 billion in free media. As Les Moonvess sp? of CBS basically said of Trump" He might not be good for the country, but he is sure good for our bottom line" Fake or Fox News has caused much disrespect for the media and have moved the rest of the media in their direction. The media has just become another corporate profit center or cheerleader for the establishment. For the most part they have just reported: "A said this and B said this"; never bothering to say for instance that A was lying.

Much of the media's credibility was drastically lowered before Trump. Nonetheless it is dangerous that this authoritarian is attacking the media and the media has so little credibility to appeal to in their defense. Hopefully in their response to Trump the media can start regaining credibility. You would think that he would be an easier opponent than some of the slicker corporate presidents we have had.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Should rename this title...Trump:Media is my b****...

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Sounds like something Trump would say. Are you happy to call this lunatic your president? I think I could do better 1am tweets than him and I probably know more about the world and the way **** works than he does, I could also bang Melania without having to grab her by the p***y first. My gentle, yet large hands would do a number on her.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

quite the rapey comment there Dude...but Im sure that the closest you've ever been near a female vagina...was the day your mother bore you. What a sad day it truly was...perhaps early am tweets aren't quite your forte...

20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Just goes to show how little you know! ;)

Keep coming at me with personal attacks, though. I won't return it back because I'm above that.

#80 Tha_Dude, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Amiga likes this.