1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The media does play a part. Look at breitbart, and whatever else you like. However, by far the number one and clear divider is Trump. He pit one group against another, dividing us, weakening the people's and institutional power so he may gain his. So, yea, wake the fk up.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're aware that pretty much all your exposure to Trump comes through the media? You would not even know who Trump is without the media. You are confused.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Anger at anyone or any institution knowingly propagating falsehoods or being unwilling to correct their false statements is absolutely warranted.

What I can't understand is how people can be so blind to this when its "their side" doing it.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Take a Xanax and relax, then go educate yourself. You are making no sense whatsoever, with all due respect. My guess is that your homeroom teacher in high school would be appalled at how you turned out.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's blindness. It's acceptable because of exactly it is "their side". I think people are willing to go to new level that wasn't acceptable before for a chance to succeed. It's a choice they made.

JeffB likes this.
  6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The essence of party over country. Their faux "nationalism" is getting exposed.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The irony. President needing his safe space because he can't face the consequences of his own actions and statements...sometimes within the same speech

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh my, take a lookie at this little "survey" -- I encourage y'all to participate! If you can even tell what some of the questions mean, they are so poorly worded. LOL, and oh, they aren't slanted against the media at all.

https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

I took the survey, and then you're taken to a Trump campaign donation page. LOL. He really is already running for 2020. Must really enjoy the job!

9. Nook

Nook Member

So now John McCain is pointing out that "this is how dictators get started."

How any reasonable AMERICAN can support this sack of **** President and his administration of outcast misfits is beyond me.

DudeWah likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Check out comment sections on any McCain article or youtube clip now. Disturbing, truly. Dude is straight up an American hero and always has been, whatever mistakes he's made. My feelings about his politics, usually negative feelings, have never changed my feelings about his love for our country. But he's being called a traitor, a coward and worse.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trump is essentially the enemy of the American people.

Somehow, some way, this guy won't be in office longer than two years. Book it.

Can't Twitter just ban the guy? Seriously. Of I was the founder of Twitter, I'd ban him. Not sure which is better for business, Trump tweeting nonsense that makes people hate him, or the press and applause Twitter would get from banning the PTOUS.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That poll is truly disturbing.

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I filled it out, and would encourage everyone to participate as well.

He is going to a campaign rally in Florida. I wish he would spend more time actually running the country than campaigning. He already won the election, not sure why he is still in campaign mode. He needs to start governing.

#53 Chilly_Pete, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The polls aren't very good. He's very sensitive to that and will spend much energy in an attempt to bring it up.

I wish the media just ignore the event.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hilarious. I took the survey, and on some of the questions that were so poorly worded, I selected none of the above and wrote in the box that the questions were too poorly worded for me to answer them with any accuracy.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It seems that Trump is still in campaign mode because he wants to abolish the laws that limit presidencies to 8 years so that he can be a full-out dictator who holds power for life.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

The 24hr news networks have become unwatchable in my opinion. It seems like they have little interest in reporting the news. They've all decided to just try to entertain a certain segment of the viewing public. News anchors interviewing other news anchors. News anchors interviewing republican or democratic "strategists." Do any of these people even believe what they are babbling on about?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you be more specific? Go to the NYT front page and post an article you find to be something you can't believe.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Well, he is right, except that he didn't include Breitbart and other similar news outlets in that list. He is also right that they are not his enemy, in fact they helped make him president and they were told halfway that they were doing it and they persisted.

Those organizations have been acting like the enemies of Americans for some time now, and there's a simple reason for it. They are owned and directed by businesses who want your money at literally any cost. They don't care if it puts an incompetent leader in place, as long as they make more money. They hardly fit the definition of news organization anymore, that is not their priority, that is not how they stay alive and make money.

If you didn't notice during the elections that those organizations intentionally put your country at risk for the sake of ratings and in defiance of their alleged role as watchdogs, then you were either not watching or you just don't see when your side participates in these shenanigans.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Isn't this just... capitalism is evil?

It is not and have a very good track record overall. But boy does it have issues that need to be addressed for continuing progress.