1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The press has adjusted... it will be harder for shs and trump to duck questions...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

is there video? just to see the reaction and HALLIE of course.

3. NewRoxFan

Not yet, but I bet the reporter that tossed it to her is getting free drinks (if not extra curricular activities) tonight...

JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

LOL... trump is so corrupt, even in his handling of press conferences. They planted a campaign co-chair to take the final question of today's conference.

JeffB likes this.
  5. Garner

Garner Member

Hallie's reaction wasn't shown in the livestream. Jordan still got his question.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

And @Garner

Here you go...

7. NewRoxFan

LOL... nunes is learning from trump...

Nunes declares war on the media
    The California GOP congressman says his local paper is working with ‘radical left-wing groups.’
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/18/devin-nunes-fresno-bee-newspaper-attacks-731032

JeffB, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

she's gotta be ready to resign. I mean... I know she hates liberals just like her daddy... but you really want "lied repeatedly and publicly for compromised traitorous president" on your resume?

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm guessing in your circle of acquaintances and friends, you don't interact too much with anyone who admits to being one of the 61 million people who voted for Trump. You have a rare opportunity to ask the very first person on the board to declare his support for Trump, long before anyone thought Trump could beat Ted Cruz.

If you stopped insulting him, stopped projecting onto him the answers you want to believe, and treated him like a person whose opinion mattered as much as anyone else who voted, you might understand what he thinks and what motivated him to be Trump supporter so early on.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You can't be serious. Russian Legend is a troll. Heck, he's the definition of a troll. I can't believe that you have fallen this low. Whatever, dude. If you're going whole hog into that morass of lies and ignorance, I hope you at least have fun doing so. Enjoy.

JeffB likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You could not be and probably never have been so wrong. Deji, check my posting history: do I label differing souls and insult them in general on here? I do not, in general. I actually have great respect for all sorts of people with whom I differ on here, including many Trump voters. So too for the many Trump voters I know in my family in real life. What I really like about the BBS is the honest sharing of opinions from people like @tallanvor and @Commodore and @Space Ghost and @TheresTheDagger and so on. And yourself, with what I still maintain is an important devil's advocate position on Russia, a very valuable perspective even if people go after you for it.

That said, you (intentionally or not) condescend and project on the regular. For instance, I think you like to educate someone like myself about international views, ignoring that some of us have friends living all over the globe and talk with them about their perspectives and their media coverage of international issues.

Now, what you've stepped in here specifically is this "RocketsLegend" issue. "He" is pretty much the only character I openly insult. You should check his posting history on here before you go judging me and projecting onto me your own simplification of an American liberal. The character joined at the exact peak of Russian social media troll infiltration, began his career here with ESL grammar, (fine on its own but was very suspect for those early months), and he has only posted the most divisive drivel ever since. He has been caught and reprimanded for posting racist material and race-baiting material. He posts exactly what a Russian troll would want to post: inflammatory videos, one phrase insults of liberals, hyperbolic talk of violence, whatever possible to further divide our citizens. At some point, I don't care if he's a Russian troll or a 12-yr-old Infowars devotee. The behavior is identical in being caustic to any real conversation. I've read pretty widely about the Russian social media campaign, so I don't believe I'm saying this in an ignorant fashion.

So, I'm all for civility, but I think you have no idea what you're talking about in the case of this account that is possibly a paid troll account from overseas. Maybe a waste of time, but people should be aware of the possibility.

So let's get back to how American oil wars and drone strikes are morally equivalent to a leader who offs members of the media and jails any substantial political opponent. That's a more interesting conversation. :)

#551 B-Bob, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  12. NewRoxFan

trump used a non-political venue for a campaign even, then pisses off the host organization with his childish attack on the media...
    VFW 'disappointed' audience booed the press during Trump speech
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ence-members-who-booed-the-press-during-trump

13. NewRoxFan

A bit more transparency and public accountability dies with the trump presidency...

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's easy to swoop in here on your red carpet and protect RussianLegend against the nasty mean liberals attacking him haha

I know a few Trump voters and why they voted for Trump, and none of them are anything like RussianLegend!

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Deji...

This is absurd. The guy posts in an insincere manner since he started posting in the D&D and posts in a trollish manner. He has hardly every enganged in actual nuanced debate that was ever remotely meaningful. He's lied about his background. He spams objectively false tweets, youtube videos, click bait articles on a constant basis.

If you want an insight of of why right leaning individuals voted for Trump you can ask for my insight. I've lived in one of the most right wing bubbles that exist in the United States... Marine Infantry barracks.

And let me provide you with a hint. It had little to do with "economic anxiety".

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I love how so many here on the left are now talking about all their friends and family who are Trump voters These people so close to them they have had meaningful, insightful, political discussions with. Perhaps now we know why they have been calling Trump voters racist r****ds for 3 years. They were simply talking about their friends and family.

17. fchowd0311

Yes I've had countless debates with individuals I personally know that are Trump supporters. And yes many have racist tendencies.

I'm sorry it's hard for you to sollow.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It is shocking that all of the boards lefties are personally familiar with, and continue to associate with people known to them as racist. I guess because of my personal experience of not being associated with any.

19. fchowd0311

You don't choose your family nor do you chose who you serve with or who you are employed with .

Stop being disengenous and acting as if everyone one of your acquaintances you know are of your own will unless you are willing to quit your employment or your family because there are some racists sprinkled in those situations.

20. NewRoxFan

Good to see the VFW comment, and especially good to see republican senator sasse defend the press.