1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]I would rather my daughter dated a member of MS-13 than a member of the Republican Party

2:03 PM - May 17, 2018

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Working out great so far!

Nook likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

I know members of the press are already questioning why Stahl sat on this info so long...

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep. You voted for the biggest liar of all-time because... media.

justtxyank and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is exactly how the "media" should handle the avalanche of lies and conspiracy theories from the Trump crime family. It's about time.

Rashmon, RocketWalta and Amiga like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So it has been more than a year of trump as potus. We now all know well his standard is the opposite of truth. When trump said fake news media is the enemy of the people, what he was thinking is the trump standard of fakes are the enemy of the people. Just look at Putin uses of fakes and you can see who is the enemy of the Russian people.

Trump does this consistently. He accuses others of what he does.

9. conquistador#11

As a bigly fan of history, it's the same tactics used by men who think they're above democracy all throughout the world like Maduro and Ortega, who truly are bffs and in the inner circle of commissar putin. It's scary that people buy in 100% and not allow any room for reasoning. I guess it's like being a homer.

one of the biggest wtfs for me locally is Dan Crenshaw . The ads by the political opponent made him out to be an obama supporter and a supporter of illegal immigration when the guy is none of that. This was his own party. Just throw out stuff even if it's not true many many many will believe it.

10. NewRoxFan

devin nunes tries the trump approach to media...

11. NewRoxFan

12. NewRoxFan

More of the press covering the WH call out trump's lie...

Trump Called An Unnamed WH Source ‘Phony.’ Lots Of Reporters Know Otherwise.
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...source-phony-lots-of-reporters-know-otherwise

13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

Ruh roh, the trump war on the media just had a new border to protect...

KingCheetah and B-Bob like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know if this was posted/mentioned. Veteran reporter Lesley Stahl quotes Trump telling her exactly what we know/suspect already: his anti-media crap is just to get you to disbelieve the media whenever it releases negative reports about him.

As if this is really news, but this reporter has been around a bit and certainly has no reason to lie.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/tru...shes-press-to-discredit-negative-stories.html

President Trump told Lesley Stahl he bashes press 'to demean you and discredit you so ... no one will believe' negative stories about him
    • President Donald Trump said he bashes the press to "demean" and "discredit" reporters so that no one will believe negative stories about him, "60 Minutes" journalist Lesley Stahl said Monday.
    • Stahl's revelation came during a talk before the Deadline Club of New York, a group of journalists.
    • Stahl scored the first television interview with Trump after his 2016 election as president.
    President Donald Trump told the veteran journalist Lesley Stahl of the CBS program "60 Minutes" that he bashes the press to "demean" and "discredit" reporters so that the public will not believe "negative stories" about him, Stahl said.

div > div.group > p:first-child" itemprop="cssSelector">
    Stahl's disclosure came Monday night during a talk at the Deadline Club of New York's annual journalism awards at the Harvard Club in Manhattan.

The CBS reporter was speaking to the audience along with PBS NewsHour host Judy Woodruff.

Stahl said she and her boss met with Trump at his office in Trump Tower in Manhattan after the 2016 election in advance of a recorded sit-down interview for "60 Minutes.

"At one point, he started to attack the press," Stahl said. "There were no cameras in there."

"I said, 'You know, this is getting tired. Why are you doing it over and over? It's boring and it's time to end that. You know, you've won ... why do you keep hammering at this?'" Stahl recalled.

"And he said: 'You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.'"

Stahl paused for a moment after quoting Trump to the assembled journalists.

"He said that," Stahl noted.

"So, put that in your head for a minute. Yeah."

One of Fox's semi-reasonable individuals. Too bad Hannity gets so much of the attention.

16. NewRoxFan

A libtard editorial from that fake news Wall Street Journal written by Ronald Reagan's adviser and speechwriter...

Nook likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Elon is not happy with all the recent negative articles about his Tesla brand.

I suppose that is one way to lash out.

This just follows an opportunistic plan that Elon has taken since the election of Trump..... he wants him on his side.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

20. NewRoxFan

FranchiseBlade likes this.