1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As bad a reputation as the media, Trump war with them is a net loss for him. Sure, his very devoted supporters will remain devoted, but he won not because of them. It's because just enough on the middle and even some on the left were willing to take a risk for drastic change for the better. I can see these people being very disappointed with Trump behaviors here (and elsewhere).

Folks need to be careful about attacking these Trump voters. Just point out what happen and leave it at that. Everyone make their decision for their own reasons and many will naturally regret it solely on Trump and his WH actions.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny how Trump is trying to take the concept of Fake News which was used on Facebook to attack his opponents during the election and now brand the MSM as being that!

It's so sinister and brilliant to watch the drones like RL drink it up.

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Obviously dismissing everything on these large media outlets as "fake news" is ridiculous BUT to be fair, the media has been very unfair towards the president. Probably isn't the best idea for him to fight them but this whole overblowing of every situation is not helping the country at all.

4. BleedRocketsRed

It is a very divided nation and the media is continuing to strengthen the divide. President Trump really needs to try to unify the nation. Fighting the mainstream media is not going to achieve that.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The "divide" is being created by both sides. Trump is no less culpable.

6. BleedRocketsRed

7. Buck Turgidson

I could sit there and check all of the "conservative" and the "liberal" journalists in that article [and the difference between a press conference and an off-the-record discussion], but that would waste my time, because you know these things and yet choose not to care. It does not reflect well on you.

I know you are smart, so I just have to assume that your behavior is due to a lack of...well...

https://academic.oup.com/endo/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/endo.142.7.8248

#187 Buck Turgidson, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Donald Trump is a coward. A coward born without a sense of humor. We have a coward for President.

adoo likes this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

The Academys, another Liberal fail!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he is a narcissist and I think the lack of humor is quite essential here.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Good choice for Trump not to attend that dinner. It would be super awkward for everyone involved. And I think, in general, its not a bad idea for our elected officials to not attend these media galas.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Apparently, the MSM, especially CNN have seen the light and report much more favorably/accurately about Trump...

CNN Commentator Jeffrey Lord Just Compared Trump to MLK...

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment...Jeffrey-Lord-Just-Compared-Trump-11070715.php

13. NewRoxFan

My gosh Trump is the biggest whiny baby some times...

Trump says media won't give him credit for his accomplishments
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-give-him-credit-for-his-accomplishments.html

Here's some free advice... quit whining, start working with Congress (republicans and Democrats) on things of importance (job growth, the economy, tax reform, infrastructure, health care). Stop wasting time on border, immigration, deregulation. And remember that he is the president of the entire United States, not just the chowderheads that voted for him.

14. NewRoxFan

I struggled on where to post this... under Trump's biggest lies thread, or the thread bigtexxx started accusing Obama of wiretapping him, or here. I posted the actual footage since Trump defenders may try to say Trump's words were being used out of context. Or "fake news".

‘I don’t stand by anything’: Trump withers under heat from CBS News’s John Dickerson

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-newss-john-dickerson/?utm_term=.06f24f0ae61d

15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Jeffrey Lord is one of the Trump advisers he infiltrated CNN with. At least Kayleigh Mcenany is much better looking.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Its pretty jarring when you go from CNN and Fox News web sites. CNN is focusing on the Russia investigation, on Trump, the WH and the conflicting stories about the Comey firing. Fox is focused on es-Democratic representative Corrine Brown, Trump's voter registration order, Mormons pulling $$ from the Boy Scouts. Off to the side a few video clips about the hearing and contradictory stories, alongside clips of Anderson Coopers sexism and Comey's bad performance. Oh, and Sean Hannity, blaming it all on Trump Derangement Syndrome.

What is most interesting is an article with the headline: "McCain on Dems: they floated impeachment on election night". So what does John McCain say about this? Wrong McCain... its Meghan McCain. John McCain probably is alongside the Dems floating impeachment... :p

FranchiseBlade, Nook and JeffB like this.
  17. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fox is party-line and, right now, state media. That company continues to poison our civil society. I just hope enough of their viewers access and consider other news sources and get out of that bubble!

B-Bob likes this.
  18. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Gents, I give you your president, in his own words--there is NO need for fake news when a baffoon of this magnitude opens his mouth:

"For instance I don’t watch CNN. I don’t watch MSNBC. Scarborough used to treat me great. But because I don’t do interviews and stuff and want to … He went the other way. Which is fine. He’s got some problems. But I don’t watch the show anymore. It drives him crazy. I don’t watch the show.I do watch Fox in the morning, and their ratings have gone through the roof because everyone knows I’m watching Fox. But they’re pleasant. And if I do something wrong they report on it. I don’t mean they – if I do something wrong. But it’s really, honestly it’s the most accurate.CNN in the morning, Chris Cuomo, he’s sitting there like a chained lunatic. He’s like a boiler ready to explode, the level of hatred. And the entire, you know the entire CNN platform is that way. This Don Lemon who’s perhaps the dumbest person in broadcasting, Don Lemon at night it’s like – sometimes they’ll have a guest who by mistake will say something good. And they’ll start screaming, we’re going to commercial. They cut him off. Remember?I’ve seen things where by mistake somebody they bring in a guest and it turns out to be a positive. And they go, I mean they get just killed. The level of hatred. And poor Jeffrey Lord. I love Jeffrey Lord. But sometimes he’s sitting there with eight unknown killers that nobody ever heard of. And CNN actually is not doing nearly as well as others. They’re all doing well because of me. But it’s not doing as well as others that are doing better actually. But Fox treats me very fairly. MSNBC is ridiculous. It’s just bad.It’s an ability I never thought I’d have. I never thought I’d have the ability to say, they’re doing a big story on me on CNN and I won’t watch it. And it’s amazing, it doesn’t matter. But it really, the equilibrium is much better. As far as newspapers and things, I glance at them. They’re really dishonest. I mean they’re really dishonest"

http://time.com/4775633/donald-trump-stephen-colbert-cnn-msnbc-chris-cuomo/

19. conquistador#11

he is running the presidency like a freaking reality show, even his words feel so empty.
    It's frightening but amusing at the same time. How does it even happen. Truly the american dream. Now you see guys like the rock saying they want to be president. Who am I to laugh at the notion. Go for it.

JeffB likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Trump blames his spokespeople's getting caught in his lies to his being such an "active" president:

And as a result, Trump threatens that press conferences will be stopped:

The Trump crazy train has not only left the station, but also left the tracks...

FranchiseBlade likes this.