1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump makes history, steps into North Korea

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Andre0087, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

What are you even saying?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I would guess it's that North Korea is China's international version of a troll persona, who act in their interests, creating trouble in ways China can't be seen doing themselves (and in return China keeps their leadership in wealth).

Basically what Vox is for NBC.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't get it either. Playing nice? NK and it's brutal dictator have done nothing. They handed trump a photo op. Ask their people what they think about that. You won't get an answer, because if they gave an honest one, Kim would kill them, their families, you name it. They might consider that preferable to starving to death, which is happening now.

RayRay10 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

China is playing Trump. When the trade talks with China were breaking down North Korea started saber rattling again. Now that the trade talks are back on with China, North Korea wants to play nice and hold hands.

5. adoo

adoo Member

ur publicizing the fact that ur under-informed

for ur education

FranchiseBlade and Deckard like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great reply and very true, although your English is under assault!

;-)

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

China is N Korea's biggest trade partner. They have more leverage than any other country in the world.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's the ways in which they aren't similar which are the issue.

It's like the difference in a "very similar" relationship between a legitimate business and that of the mob.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Mental illness is a terrible thing. Being represented by one... oh Jesus.

10. adoo

adoo Member

unsolicited corroboration from Aleron that he is under-informed

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just shook hands on Trump International Plaza Hotel of Pyongyang

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Xi's agents will know anyway because Trump conducts government business on an unsecured consumer iPhone. It is far worse in terms of national security than Hillary's server.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Easily the best part of the Trump presidency is de-escalating tensions with North Korea.

Sure he made it worse at first, but he's certainly brought it to a much better point then it was before he entered office.

14. Buck Turgidson

Nothing of what you said is grounded in reality.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If you can tell me why I'm wrong I'd genuinely like to hear it.

I don't trust that Trump wouldn't ruin all of this within tweets notice, but establishing a relationship for communication and diplomacy where we can meet and talk with Kim is huge IMO.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Blindly trusting and praising a lying murderous dictator would absolutely ease tensions with that dictator when all of the previous administrations didn't blindly trust and praise that dictator.

I don't imagine that is a good thing and certainly not a good thing when the administration is incapable and/or not wishing for any real progress in reducing their nuclear program and ambition as well as not wishing for or pursuing human rights improvement.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think we're trusting them for ****.

Is Trump praising him? Sure I guess, but who cares, the praise isn't helping or hurting anything, and Trump's words meaning as near to nothing as possible considering both Trump and Kim have publically verbally trashed each other. Diplomacy needs to be the way we deal with NK, it's fine if all Trump does is pat his back and tell him they are best friends without trying to interduce any policy, let the next president do the policy, but we need the door open to communicate and meet.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Trump has stated that he believes Kim is keeping his promise on the nuclear program. He has stated that despite Intel and other members of his cabinet stating that Kim is increasing their program. Trump has stated he trusts him and not once for any type of verification. Trump has denied US intelligence showing the North Koreans are not keeping their word.

Trump praises Kim all the time and had said he loves Kim.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]
    He can finish this one.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So... was the national security adviser (who wasn't there... he was in Mongolia at the time) briefed on this by ivanka and tucker carlson (who were there)? Based on the well-documented dishonesty of trump and his admin, I suspect the Times were correct in their reporting...