1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Expected to Pull Out of Paris Climate Agreement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dobro1229, May 31, 2017.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Pointless asking a question of such depth to someone who simply cares whether "wealth is being redistributed"...

3. NewRoxFan

Trump. And a belief that the environment is not important.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. WNBA

WNBA Member

"but we're not going to put our businesses out of work"... what a naive shitload.

the world will put your business out of work because you are taking advantage of destroying the earth.
    Trump.... The world might understand and accept it.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I LOVE MY PRESIDENT

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

It's disheartening to know that this type of shallow thinking exists.

7. Anticope

Anticope Member

I'll show you a textbook example of brainwashing:

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Is there anything Trump could do that you would disagree with, or are going to defend him no matter what?

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

We know. We have the screen stains to prove it.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The foolishness here is beyond understanding. One of the points of America leading the way on climate change was also to remain the leader in clean energy technology.

Now we're back to coal, coal, baby!

On an economic scale, it's like saying we don't want to develop the internet because we are fine with the telephone and it will be too expensive and costly to telecoms.

This is a national security nightmare decades in the making.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what? no country is forced to obey any of these mandates.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you really expect anything else? Easily the worst President of all time, and it ain't close.

(Entertaining though)

Harkonnen marches on!

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There isn't a single thing. A month from now Trump could completely shift and say "That whole backing out of the agreement? Yeah, nevermind. I've been convinced that we need to do more to battle climate change."

He'd be right behind him. Trump followers are more of a cult really. Even when he does a complete reverse they still bow before him.

14. NewRoxFan

I've grown to expect it from Trump and republicans... Take away health care from many millions including those with pre-existing conditions. Why, "Redistribution of wealth." Make college loans harder to get and more expensive. Why? "Re-distribution of wealth". Remove regulations that protect the quality of water and air. Why? "Redistribution of wealth."

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

We came to the table in good faith, and said we would do our part to limit gasses and put the environment first. Then, because a couple of idiots took control, we are telling them, "yeah, our word isn't worth dick". Meanwhile, instead of using the cheaper fossil fuels in those emerging markets, those countries have been keeping up their end of the bargain. It's a dick move, but it isn't unlike Trump.

When Trump doesn't like the terms of the deal, he changes the deal. His word, it's garbage. Unfortunately, we as a nation are now tied to his word too.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The 38% or so people who vote "yes" when asked if they approve of what Trump is doing aren't haven't changed their minds and will never change their minds.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Take away the R next to his name, see what happens.

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

so what countries are being forced into these environmental rules? I mean that was your claim.

Trump feels it hurts Americans. Are you saying he should go along with this because Obama decreed it even though he feels its hurting American jobs and Americans?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would never have thought so many people would whine about electricity bills not going up by 20% for those least able to afford it......but then there's the global warming religion that has infested so much of the left.....

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, it makes sense why people like Elon Musk is upset about this in that he stood to profit off of energy prices increasing and the economic hardship most of the country would face due to this agreement, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for others who were going to lose out on this deal yet still throwing a fit at the deal's demise.