1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wall or deporting servicemen?

That is actually one of the options Trump proposes, you think this is a hard decision?

He says it right there in the tweet man. It isn't about 'Border Security' because for Trump his idea of that includes an at least 70 billion Wall in the year 2018. Unless America is shutting down all travel from South America not sure that wall is going to help much or be worth all of that money.

2. adoo

adoo Member

thank you for making this point, which i missed

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Without future legislation they'll be rightfully deported, they are illegal immigrants after all, having a sob story doesn't change that.

They spent nearly their entire lives as illegal immigrants, the fact that they were given a temporary legal status that is about to lapse doesn't change that.

Not of this country they aren't.

They can accept or reject whatever offer they wish, but if they choose to reject the offer, they'll be ensuring that DACA people get deported when their legal status lapses. It'll be on them.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I honestly don't know why Democrats don't mention this more when this is brought up. It should always be the first thing mentioned, especially with how much lip service the GOP pays to the military.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It'll be on your party, they will be deporting actual soldiers who actually served in Afghanistan.

Funny how you clipped that out of my post.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's pretty much the choice Democrats get to make, and they can't blame anyone else if they pick deporting DACA people just so they don't have to fund efforts to secure the border.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a bit disingenuous since you are talking about fewer than 900 people and using them to represent all 800k DACA people. Even then, I'm fine with illegal immigrants being deported if no agreement to secure the border can be reached. When your worst case scenario is illegal immigrants being deported.....I mean, is that the best you have?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When you can't find one tangible negative effect of having 800,000 DACA recipients all of which have higher standards to be kept in their status than an average citizen and when all evidence points to them actually being a benefit to our GDP and being a group of people that are less criminal than the average citizen then deporting them is not out of pragmaticism as you try to suggest but rather malice.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

way to contradict yourself, all in one sentence.

either they are legal or illegal, they can't be both !

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you really that stupid?

So if a person trespasses on your property, you catch them and tell them that they don't have to leave right away but they need to be gone in an hour does that mean they never trespassed? Does it mean that they get to stay forever? How are you struggling with these simple concepts?

When they came to this country, they did so illegally and they were illegal immigrants up until the point they were given a TEMPORARY legal status, when that lapses, they revert back to being illegal immigrants....because that's what they are, illegal immigrants enjoying a period of temporary legal status.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Democrats clearly are for making these people permanently legal. Every deported person will be because the GOP valued a wall more than servicemen. It'll be directly on Trump, because this wall was his idea, if the GOP were smart they'll talk him down from his silly idea.

If both parties are for it then they would agree on DACA and move on to the next point of contention...which I think both parties would if Trump wasn't the president. It's him that's demanding a wall.

I know there is no convincing you here though as you have attributed everything bad in the world to liberals and democrats so we can drop it here. No matter what extreme right wing people will blame Democrats for everything possible and some people are so entrenched on their side there is little discussion to be had so yeah...

So what? How much of the population, in general, is in the military?

900 or 9, you are still deporting actual people that served in the military, say whatever you want to wash your hands of that. I'm not going to argue morals.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

first of all that's not the choice i'm talking about. now if you reply to me i would like you do discuss the choice that's being discussed.

having said that i will address your choice. it's also stupid but that's the "genius" of trump. he sells as it "american" and they buy it. your dreamer program and rhetoric sounds anti-american and nobody buys immigrants over americans. obama, he could have sold it and have folks buy it. but current democrat leadership is talentless, huffers and puffers, who can't sell ****. it's embarrassing and the country is worse for it. it's like the warriors "sucking" because they play with (4) all NBAers and phoenix "sucking" because lack of talent. wariors fans are happy and phoenix opposition fans are happy but for neutrals, they both suck.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Always a moving target...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, in your mind, if Republicans offer a bill that would make DACA people legal and offer a path to citizenship for them, but it requires funding for securing the border, and Democrats turn that down in favor of allowing DACA to lapse, it's on Republicans when the DACA people get deported?

That's some awesome mental gymnastics.

The point was you are talking about all DACA people as if they are in the military when we're really talking about 0.1% of them.

When talking about the US, there are about 2 million people in the military currently and about 21.8 million living veterans. So right about 7% of the population.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe it is not the choice you are talking about but it is clearly the choice Trump is offering the Democrats.

Eh, I think it is pretty American tbh. Nothing is more American than people coming from all over the world for a chance at the American dream. I think people have different ideas of what it means to be American though or what makes America...America.

I will agree that current Democratic leadership leaves a lot to be desired and are often not strong enough, and yes, the country is worse for it. I also agree they poorly sell things, sometimes it is clear that people are in favor of their positions and they will still poorly sell it. I don't disagree with that at all.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Democrats want to secure the border but don't want a wall. It's that simple. Stop calling your wall "Border Security."

We are talking about the wall.

It really is irrelevant what % of them are in the military, they are still people that risked their lives for this country that you want to deport if you don't get a useless wall.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's offering the choice of making DACA people legal and offering a path to citizenship along with funding a secure border VS deporting DACA people after their legal status lapses.

If Democrats pick the deportation option, that's on them.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

and that's really the point i'm making. if we're going to have a god forsaken two party system, then for the love of god please have two competent choices instead of none. two strong opponents make each other stronger while two weak opponents make each other weaker and that's we have right now.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No they don't, and it's laughable to argue that they do. The reason securing the border has to be included in a DACA deal is that Democrats would never support securing the border otherwise. They are REALLY upset about the prospect of Trump getting what he wants because it would be yet another accomplishment they failed to prevent.

Also, the funding is for more than just a border wall, but why let the truth get in the way of a good narrative amitite?

They are still illegal immigrants, and they'll lose their temporary legal status if the Democrats decide that partisan politics is more important than granting them a path to citizenship. There's no legitimate reason to oppose that plan.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Schrodinger's legality status.
    This guy still doesn't understand that being here undocumented is a civil infraction equivalent of driving with a expired registration.

And tresspasing on personal property which can be seen as a immediate threat to personal saftey is a quite different than creating a life here and being a productive member of society.

A civil infraction doesn't make one's entire existence illegal. It's why I frown upon the term "illegal immigrant" and labeling them criminals. If a undocumented immigrant is a criminal than a person with a speeding violation is a criminal .