1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t understand her comment.

The concern is not the impact in the time scale of an hour or a day, but over years. Isn’t it?

Are we concerned about population growth? If so, how much of our population growth can attributed to illegal immigration or “chain migration”?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Are we worried about population growth and is this driving anti immigration laws? Don't think so. Especially when you consider the financial benefit of immigration.

This new push to limit legal immigration was Bannon and now Miller's push.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it'll be interesting to see if Democrats shut down the government again instead of voting to give the "dreamers" citizenship simply because they are worried about Trump being able to use the accomplishment along with the state of the economy against them in the mid-terms. They are kind of in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of situation.

cml750 likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

It's will be passed by both Dems and Reps It's clear that both side don't like this bill which means it's good for all involved minus the wall thing but only time will tell.

5. NewRoxFan

Hey, trump's and republicans' chance to prove they were for the DACA kids and it really was Democrats playing politics with this lives.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder why they'd even waste their time with that non-starter, McCain will be dead soon, why waste what little time he has left on BS that won't go anywhere?

Without the border funding and chain migration reform there's no chance for a DACA bill....and there shouldn't be.

7. NewRoxFan

So much for trump's concern about the dreamers... trump is simply using them as pawns to get his trump-branded wall built... but blames Democrats for not caring.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I thought Mexcio would be paying for the wall?

Also this is Trump holding hostages, it really is disgusting and even moreso that people support him doing so.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

that's just campaign talk. Trump's trying to make a deal, so he's asking for something just like DACA/dreamers are asking for something.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Something? People aren't something, people aren't things to be bargained for.

11. conquistador#11

Maybe the democrats should sign Daryl Morley. He'd get dreamers amnesty, bigger and better affordable healthcare for all and one of Trump's beautiful golf courses and Melania.

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Is English your 2nd language or you just misunderstood or miscomprehend what I said?

13. NewRoxFan

OK... I know, its not fair to...

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, my point is pretty clear.

People and their lives shouldn't be on the bargaining table, period. Understand?

15. NewRoxFan

New trump tweet says polls show American's want DACA and and a secured border.

Note trump avoids the word "the wall".

Polls show Americans are closer to Democrats than Donald Trump on immigration
    Americans want to help DREAMers, don’t want a wall, and don’t want to cut immigration levels.
    Americans support DACA:
    Americans don't support a "wall"
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...-compromise-public-opinion-poll-dreamers-wall

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why not? Those people are illegal immigrants, they rightfully should be deported. In order to change the law so that they can stay and become US citizens isn't it fair to require other changes to help prevent the illegal immigration problem from being even worse in the future?

We've done amnesty without securing the border in the past and it only made things worse, it's time we secure the border and cut off the flow of illegal migrants into this country in exchange for an amnesty of certain illegal immigrants. Only the most ridiculously pro illegal immigration people would have a problem with that.

17. adoo

adoo Member

the dizzying height of ignorance, you don't even understand who the Dreamers are,

they were children who brought to the US by their parents/guardians. they are either working in the US or attending school,
    or both. they have committed no crime, and have registered w the the US Gov to gain DACA status​

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

can one not be concerned about both dreamers and border security? forcing folks to pick like children is a losing strategy but that's fine go ahead and piss off americans whose votes you need. i swear you liberals are just as stupid as the other side but your stupidity damages your chances. it's like you don't even understand your own country and it's history. especially with baby boomers who still vote and could swing a loss or victory. i mean you of all people should know you have to pander to win but convincingly. you guys don't pander convincingly and then when you lose you piss everybody off.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing you said in any way refutes what I said....I hope you understand that. They are illegal immigrants who were brought here as children that gained a temporary legal status a few years back that is about to lapse.

If you can't follow that, you shouldn't be accusing anyone of ignorance unless you are just trying to get people to laugh at you.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is my opinion, I wasn't making a statement of fact. I believe it is wrong to put people on the bargaining table. "Either you give me my wall or these people will be deported." Sounds a lot like taking hostages to me, I believe it is immoral, I also think that my beliefs are closer to the American public as well.

Incorrect, they are here legally. They are not illegal immigrants, not yet at least.

These are citizens, hell, some of them are Military. Why the Democrats don't hammer that point home is silly to me, think about that, you are going to deport people willing to risk their life for this country.

And you'll find many on the left are for more border security. We just think it is worthless and in fact harmful to build a rather expensive wall (That Mexico isn't paying for) as part of that border security plan. I mean I can think of many things where our money should be going, a wall would be the last option.

When it is said that the Democrats rejected a deal that didn't include the wall maybe my opinion on their stance on this will change.

adoo likes this.