1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Of course trump tries to place blame on Democrats for his own actions...

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Maybe Hispanic voters will be smarter than the Y'All Qaeda crowd and not believe con-man Donald Trump, and vote against their own self interests. Or maybe not..

We'll see...

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Who cares what "Hispanics" think? "Hispanics" seems to always go hand-in-hand with any discussion about immigration.

Go Trump!

4. NewRoxFan

Watch Feinstein and trump discuss the need for DACA first, then discuss comprehensive immigration reform:

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

LOL... trump, always the needy one...

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If praise from normal Americans is what he wants, then he should probably do the opposite of most things he has done since becoming President.

7. NewRoxFan

trump's WH tries to avoid admitting that trump initially agreed to a "clean" DACA bill first and then comprehensive immigration reform. gets causght, has to add it back to official transcript of meeting.

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

basically they just want open border and automatic dual citizenship to benefit themselves.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Does it matter if he said one thing, was corrected, and then adopted the correction? I keep seeing headlines about how Trump is confusing people with contradictory statements. Folks, it isn't really that hard to ascertain where he really stands.

durvasa and ElPigto like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

The 55,000,000 Hispanics in the United States?

11. NewRoxFan

Does it matter that the POTUS holds a meeting on immigration, says one thing and then changes it 180?

Though the tweet was more about the way the WH purposely left off the president's comment that showed his confusion about what was being discussed. And hearing Senator Feinstein's statement, it was clear she was saying a clean DACA bill first and then negotiate immigration reform, so it seemed hard to see how trump was confused.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The Dotard on his televised "meeting" yesterday...

LOL

B-Bob and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. JuanValdez

That's what I'm asking you.

14. NewRoxFan

Sorry, I guess I thought the way I posed the question I was answering it it, but yes, I think its important when the leader of our government is clear in wht he says publicly. Sure, I can accept and even welcome changes on occasion (and yes, trump actually accepting a negotiated position on immigration would be a wonderful example). But again, consider how the meeting was positioned... a surprisingly competent and engaging president discussing a major issue with congressional leaders of both sides. This could have been reflected in his considering DACA and in his final words ("I will sign whatever you folks agree on"). Otherwise this was just a dog and pony show.

15. NewRoxFan

16. JuanValdez

Well yeah, it was a dog and pony show. They only let the press in so they could get some media impressions in on Trump doing some real work. It looks to me like he was momentarily confused about what was being proposed, which happens to people (especially old people) sometimes. What's the big deal about the president being momentarily confused? Do you think Obama believes there are 58 states in the union? Trump wasn't crystal clear during a dog and pony show. Okay. We still know he still wants his wall, he still hates brown people, but he's willing to do some kind of deal to legislate DACA if he can get the stuff he wants. He says he'll sign whatever because he knows the Republicans in congress won't give away DACA for free.

17. conquistador#11

sneaky feinstein up to her unfair magic tricks again!
    not on my president.

18. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I guess.

20. NewRoxFan

This "discovery" will likely play into negotiations on DACA... he will likely say he gets his "wall" with a redefinition of "wall" (now defined as fences, border gates, and even electronic surveillance). How this will connect with the $18 Billion he is requesting to build what essentially already exists?