1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I just came here to post that two of my long term suspicions are proved right

1. Bobbythefail is indeed a high school dropout aka uneducated

2. And also an obese, mid 40's virgin living with parents

Very representative of your regular eggball Texan fan
    @Snow Villiers

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am correcting my typo above... 800,000 not 8,000.

3. NewRoxFan

I corrected my typo (thanks for pointing it out). In response to your post above... I think being spiteful, fearful or hateful does not make you more patriotic. As a "natural born citizen" I value the American ideas of inclusion, diversity and fairness. Punishing the children of immigrants for the acts of their parents fails on all three counts and only reflects the hatred, fear, and selfishness that is being demonstrated by those trying to push these 800,000 out of the country. And I have no fear of more "qualify" people you refer to. If the worst problem American faces is more people like the 800,000 dreamers you are trying to kick out of the country then I have a much more optimistic view of the future.

4. Ender00

Ender00 Member

go back and read 5 posts above your original post, if you are going respond to someone at least read all of their post on that page

It seem to me that you have no concept of what mass uncontrol immigration will do to a country, i suggest you go read up, form your opinion and come back. I am more than happy to talk to anyone that have something to add other than i feel argument.

#304 Ender00, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  5. NewRoxFan

Is there some post earlier in the thread that shows you don't want to kick out the 800,000 dreamers? And please... requiring conscription isn't realistic nor reasonable.

6. Ender00

Ender00 Member

I think it is my fault for not being clear, i am following up dagger's idea about community service. Its doesn't have to be enlisting in the military but some form of community service, this will get you permanent residential status with no path to citizenship. But if you want citizenship then you will have to serve in the military. This is all pending on a guarantee that this can never happen again.

#306 Ender00, Sep 7, 2017
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I want to extend a sincere thank you. You just described yourself perfectly. Now go ahead - take a deep breath.

#307 Deckard, Sep 7, 2017
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL now I fully expect this kind of laughably inaccurate nonsense from you. It goes right in line with the rest of your hot takes/obvious trolling.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree with Bobby frequently. I may even find his posting style and assumptions about positions uneven or inaccurate. But there isn't really any reason to meddle into his personal life no matter how annoying we may find Bobby. and make attacks based on what anyone thinks they know. I don't care if he lives with his parents, in-laws, a hippy commune, prison yard, or any place else. None of that matters for the sake of debate on a basketball message board.

The accuracy of internet stalking is at best questionable and almost certainly only part of a story even if it is somewhat true. Most importantly nobody really should care about his personal life, unless he's a friend or reaches out for help.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

We did amnesty without going after employers, so let's try it again and tackle the root of the problem, employers.

11. dmoneybangbang

Then what the hell was your point? Illegals make up a fraction of a fraction of the US population.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think serving in the military would be a fantastic way to gain/keep citizenship.

I'm not sure exactly how it would be implemented, but I can't think of a better way to earn your stripes. The lifestyle in our military is vastly superior to many of the countries that these folks are coming from. They would get a head start on becoming productive Americans that have more than earned their place.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do think that anyone who serves the country in the military should be given citizenship however I wouldn't want to force it on anyone. A "join the Army or be deported" policy would likely lead to more problems than it would be worth.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like Starship Troopers

Rocket River

Torn n Frayed and Deckard like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone who knows Heinlein, or did you just see the flick? I read the novel back around 1960. I still have the hardcover I got from the Science Fiction Book Club. The movie's pretty good. Not wildly different from the book, particularly the part you allude to, that only those who served in the military could vote. Heinlein was a graduate of Annapolis and served in the Navy until his health caused him to retire. I think he felt pretty strongly about service being a requirement for the right to vote, although his feelings about it may have evolved over time.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of, yeah. I don't feel like that would be a bad option for those who came to the country illegally and wanted a way to atone for that and earn full citizenship. I dunno, just a thought.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Saw the movie but heard alot about the book

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

90% of military occupations have hardly an risk to one's own life.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I find it funny how you don't see the cognitive dissonance here.

So you are the CHILD of allegedly hard working parents. You didn't do the process. You beared the fruits of their labor.

If you actually used rational common sense, you would understand that the Dreamers aren't the parents in this analogy, they are the children. Even if we buy into your silly premise that migrants who crossed the border illegally have an easier life than those who don't(it's just flat out false), the children(your generation) have had a more difficult and stressful life than you as they had to constantly watch their backs in fear of having their lives flipped upside down. Also these same kids have stipulations to stay in school with no criminal record or again, their life is flipped upside down.

You still haven't learned that the people who get in legally have totally different avenues to come in and have different means. For example, my parents got in through student visa from a **** third world country. They were only able to reach that position by being born into a relatively wealthy family from Bangladesh which allowed them to attend the best private schools in the country which allowed them an avenue to legally migrate here. 98% of Bangladeshis just don't have that avenue.

Honestly, it shows how petty you are as an individual believing that you suffered more so therefore they deserve to have their lives flipped upside over their head.

#320 fchowd0311, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Deckard likes this.