1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean they are even packed into 18-wheelers so there must be some border patrol bribing going on. Not sure how an impenetrable wall stops that.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

There's no such thing as an inpenetrable wall, which is why the mere suggestion is so laughable. And the fact that he was serious... can't do anything except smh and lol. That post belongs in the 'Another Day Another Uneducated Angry White Trumpanzee' thread.

I mean, while we're at it, we might as well get some frickin sharks with frickin laser beams!

[​IMG]

3. Ender00

Ender00 Member

4. Ender00

Ender00 Member

I have no doubt with our currently technology we can build an Impenetrable wall but the cost to maintain it will be crazy and I don't think it will be very useful since people will just fly in.

PS: impenetrable as in regular people trying to cross, via ladder or tunnel not mission impossible s h i t that i know other countries or super rich drug cartel possess.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm curious do any other countries have programs similar to this?

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

8. prohibido

prohibido Member

This, of course, is totally, hilariously wrong. Just because you are ignorant of something please know that it does not somehow magically cease to exist.

Just off the top of my head, in this hemisphere, I can tell you that the Dominican Republic may have as much as one tenth of its population comprised by illegal immigrants from Haiti. Colombia has a huge and increasingly problematic issue with illegal immigrants from Venezuela. Panama has the same issue, and you can add to that hundreds of thousands of illegal Colombians. Chile deals with huge numbers of illegal Peruvians and Bolivians.

I mean, seriously. You could shift your focus to Asia and look at the Bangladeshis illegal in India, the illegals from all over Southeast Asia who are in Thailand, on and on and on. The issue of illegal immigration to the United States is in no way unusual or outstanding.

9. TheresTheDagger

It seems to me people are falling into one of 2 camps on this.

On the one side, we have folks who support Dreamers because through no fault of their own, they were brought here illegally. Nevertheless, they have found a way to live the american dream, in most cases are contributing in many positive ways to our country, and only want the right to continue living their lives here in America.

On the other side are folks who are angered that people are benefiting from breaking the law and "jumping the line" to come to our country. They are upset that it is incredibly unfair to those who tried to emigrate the "right way" AND rightfully fear the precedent it sets to ignore the rule of law.

It seems to me a middle ground could be found that allows Dreamers to stay while at the same time requiring them to commit to completing some form of "path to citizenship" similar to those who have sought to immigrate legally. It could include some penalty OR maybe some requirement for service to our country. It does seem counterproductive to me and exceedingly difficult to try and deport so many who obviously want to say and will not cooperate in any case.

Give them something they can do that allows them to earn the right to stay...with the caveat that if they refuse to follow through on the path to citizenship they will face deportation regardless of their situation otherwise.

Hakeemtheking and Ender00 like this.
  10. Ender00

Ender00 Member

I agree with your statement, especially for the people who serve in our military, especially who went in to active combat zone there should be no question and automatic citizenship granted upon return. I also agree with you on having them perform service to our country for free for a period of time in order to get a green card, they will not be able to vote. This is inline with gov kasich view on how to solve the problem but i am worry that in 20 years there will be another batch of dreamer who will this time demand the same treatment. Do you think we will be "mean" enough to tell the new group of dreamers no? Because no matter how well we lock down our country there will always be people who slip pass the system.

he is my guy, too bad he didn't get very far :(

#290 Ender00, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the latter group will be totally and absolutely opposed to"path to citizenship". that's like a dog whistle to them.

you prolly meant "path to legalization"

12. Ender00

Ender00 Member

you are right , i don't think they deserve a citizenship unless they are willing to die for this country but a permanent resident should be good enough and their kids will be a citizen.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I don't think conservatives are open, inclusive, and compassionate enough to give them citizenship

and not sure how you measure someone's "willingness to die for this country" especially in a time of peace

14. Ender00

Ender00 Member

by serving in the military

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

when i say 'same illegal immigration issues as us', i'm not referring to quantity. Next time take a deep breath and try not talking like a jackass.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sure... if they are as good for our country as the 8,000 dreamers we are currently discussing.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My gosh the hatred for a group people here is truly amazing. Forced conscription? Seriously? There is definitely something broken in people nowadays.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The middle ground you have here IS similar and somewhat lies in between the Dream ACT and DACA.

I think nearly everyone can understand both camps you outlined - No fault of their own + unfairness to others and consequences of allowing some path to legalization (not even citizenship). The difference is, even with that understanding, what to do. There lies the two big camp of 1- deport, or 2- stay, but with set of requirements. There is no #3- stay with no requirements.

Most people chooses #2, because most don't do cruelty first and foremost, but also do not want a complete free ride.

19. Ender00

Ender00 Member

remember the left tend to think with their heart, we have to break it down to the most basic element for them to understand. I think he meant that every country have illegal immigrant issues but not like in the US where they will march in the street demanding rights.

20. Ender00

Ender00 Member

its more like 800,000 not 8,000. I think sometime an immigrant like me are more patriotic than some natural born citizen. I guess when things are given to you too easily like natural born citizens. They just don't appreciate how difficult it is to live here legally in the US. They seem to given out citizenship like candy but people like me know the sacrifice my parents has to make in order to get them and me to be able to live in the US LEGALLY. If the dreamer doesn't have to follow the immigrantion laws then why should any one else? is the requirement to stay in the US like you said is to be a good and productive member of the society. If that is the case then get ready for a mass immigration of the most qualify people, even more educated than most of the dreamers, you will ever seen. Majority of a college educated people from third world countries will likely come to the US to take a shot at an american dream, are you going to be so cruel to turn them away? or the only reason you are willing to let the dreamers stay is because they broke the law for so long they can get a free pass? if that is so,then make it in to a law that if your parent can get you to the US by the age of 10 and hide you until you turn 18 then you will automatic get a citizenship.

At least if you make it in to law it will level the playing field for everybody and no one will feel cheated since the rules are stated from the start. You can't have a set a rule for a dreamer and another set of rule for a law abiding people, i think its fair for everybody to know what can be done to increase the chances of their children staying in the US.

#300 Ender00, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017