1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump discovers yet another cure for COVID19!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 23, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I recognize and respect your effort to be "fair", but... I don't agree. I think too often, Democrats try too hard to be "fair", to be "good". To "play by the rules". And most times I would agree. But this year, this president has succeeded by break all the rules. And the republican party has throughout its history of "breaking rules." Willie Horton. Swiftboat. Birtherism. And now trump.

If critics cut him "slack" then teetering voters would somehow focus on his bigger problems? Sorry, don't think so.

No, you'd still have trump making claims like "Osama bin Laden wanted Biden to become President. Or Biden would be soft on China because of Hunter Biden's debts (all the while trump owes the Bank of China many millions of dollars).

Or this example, and focus on the author's name and title...

2. NewRoxFan

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Seriously WHAT THE F?!

People actually think this guy...o_O

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Explain what to him. Explain not to inject disinfectant into your body? This is the president of the United States. If the president doesn’t understand that injecting toxic chemicals in your body is harmful then he is not fit or smart enough to be president.

AroundTheWorld, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I get your point but I see the opposite.

'flying by the seat, doesn't know how to lead, can't control message' have all been translated to being bold, is a strong leader and does know how to message by his supporters. That's been beaten up enough already and there is no more barking up that tree to change anyone mind.

What we do have here is "dumb" and "dumber" (you know, not understanding the information on new gov info that UV light does kill this virus, as expected and so on). Not so sure what's the difference between "not getting it" at a basic level to "dumb" in this context. Tie that together with what some consider his strong strength - Out Of The Box thinking. Unconventional. Push the edge. Those all can be a great positive when it's not mentally deficient, at a very great level. When it is mentally deficient ("dumb"), it's what we get - a crisis that's made worse and a danger to the public.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope.

He deserves every bit of ridicule he is receiving, to try and boil it down to the question of if he actually said to drink or inject disinfectants is the height of deflection.

Trump IS so dumb,it was illustrated by the fact that he thought it was a good idea to say these things to a national audience.

I think you are a great poster and very sharp but I don't agree with any of this.

#107 jiggyfly, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    joshuaao, Nook and AleksandarN like this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Don’t really care of about his shrinking base as much as independents. That is who are going decide this election

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this orange buffoon has such a low IQ

imagine saying something this dumb in front of the cameras

many of his supporters probably think Trump was on to something

ROXTXIA likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

I can almost see someone in the trump white house saying... "Whew! Its a good thing trump isn't talking up hydroxycholorqune anymore!"

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The issue here that effects his decision making as president which makes this trivial funny moment a bit more serious is the dunning-kruger effect.

Imagine a individual who has no higher math and science education beyond high school science and algebra. Now imagine that same person telling a climate scientist or a mathematician that their mathematical models that have massive systems of equations modeling a dynamic system that they aren't accounting for CO2 absorbtion by plant life. Now to an idiot who places a high value of intelligence to themselves, they might believe this is a "gotcha" moment but in reality the fact that this individual believed that groups of mathematicians and climate scientists after rigorous reviewing and checking of their models somehow left out a very obvious factor in modeling the dynamic system of our climate such as the absorption of CO2 by plant life shows how out of touch they are in the field they are so confident in correcting.

Trump has repeatedly done this action. From suggesting to military generals that we should do a "sneak attack" to suggesting to expert virologists that maybe we should try the flu vaccine to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These are very obvious sentiments that any reasonable person would assume experts in said field would have already considered and anyone who thinks otherwise is massively suffering from the dunning-kruger effect.

What makes this a severe problem in terms of ability to be president is that Trump wants his cake and eat it too. He wants to tell the world that he is a quick learner and is far more of an expert in fields he has no business claiming to be one and yet at the same time expresses ZERO intellectual curiosity to read any detailed nuanced briefings that are more than a page. This is also why he has a tendency to push cooler talk level "solutions" at these briefings because he doesn't get these suggestions from reading lengthy breifings with data but rather from gossip.

Previous Presients like Obama who knew his limits on knowledge understood that he had to do his homework. He had to go to bed with 50 pages of reading material to be prepared for the next day. Trump's hubris makes him even more uniformed. It's like a feedback loop from hell and it results in bad decision making and trusting the wrong people because usually he's going to trust the people who's going to give him "easy solutions" that aren't difficult to make.

#111 fchowd0311, Apr 24, 2020
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. fchowd0311

And what about the study for ingesting disinfectant? How does that effect Coronavirus patients? Any hope for the treatment?

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is actually very legit for external use. Somebody posted a great vid about it in the Hangout thread just recently, and b bunch of us are excited about UVC -- it doesn't penetrate deep enough to cause skin cancer or harm the eyes, yet it breaks up virus particles that are external (like in a cough droplet or even on your clothing or face.

It wouldn't cure anyone but it could really cut down on public transmission in a hospital or even an eatery or something. Very promising and wouldn't be that expensive to deploy, as I understand it. I'd predict something like this becomes more standard in the years ahead, b/c we'll see more nutty viruses.

#114 B-Bob, Apr 24, 2020
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They’re already using UV to disinfect PPE...again...this has nothing to do with what he said. But I see your attempts at trying to defend something idiot LOL

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what does this have to do with light going directly into the body?

It's sad that you had to reach this far to try and prop up your guy.

It's really telling that the usual suspects are mostly missing and this is the best you can do.

IBTL, joshuaao and LabMouse like this.
  17. fchowd0311

The thing that is weird here is that Trump, due to his inability to have a organized train of thought, oversteps his bounds on these virus briefings all the time. Previous presidents wouldn't really state off the cuff novel "remedies". They would just leave that to the subject matter experts in their administration to speak on these matters while the president just explains the steps and measures that the federal government are enacting and putting in place.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's cute. It's something that's already being done and explored. You know that's not what the very well deserved ridicule is about. But cute try, though...with a tweet from 2018...about the flu and not COVID-19...because they're the same thing?

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I feel like if I injected bleach or Lysol any virus in me would definitely die. So Trump is right again.

IBTL and AroundTheWorld like this.