1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trump budget would cut $4.4T in spending, boosting defense while slashing safety nets, foreign aid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Okay? That doesn't mean that the most important thing is asset accumulation.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What do you mean?

I just think it would be a better place if Trump just kicked the bucket......would make the world safer, and would make this country better.

Thoughts and prayers that the good lord calls him up for some reprogramming, and lessons about Jesus.

DD

3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and MadMax like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know how if feels to get the wind knocked out of you financially. I've NEVER taken government assistance in my lifetime until 3 years ago. Harvey did that to us and we we lucky enough to get a SNAP grant that took the burden off of having to worry about either repairing our walls or eating for the week. My parents never took assistance when we grew up but I tell them they should have because I remember plenty of times I ate candy in school for lunch because that's all I could afford since my parent's refused to apply for free lunch. You know why? Because of the shame. I paid the price because my parents didn't want to be seen as immigrant moochers.

#44 REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    B-Bob, mikol13, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  5. DaDakota

And that is ridiculous, in the richest country in the world, we can take care of poor children - this whole "XYZ" is a freeloader crap is marketing propaganda for the STUPID.

DD

AleksandarN likes this.
  6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I think he is telling to not get too worked up over all this. :)

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

Sorry to hear about your house Bro, nothing you mentioned categorizes you as anyone I'm describing. I'm sorry you had to go through that as a kid, when I was an a.p I found that a lot of our kids were eating their only meals of the day at school, if they were late for breakfast that meant they were only going to eat once that day. I once had a student break into the music room because he knew the music teacher kept snacks, left a bloody mess getting in through the window for some pop tarts and crackers, its truly heartbreaking. I'm not saying government assistance is bad, prolonged dependence on government assistance is the issue. I've been fired, been broke, downsized, had rent due in two days but my bank account was negative, instead of government assistance I chose to look for jobs that no one wanted, worked long hours, worked doubles and triples, while in school until I got to a place where I have two well paying jobs and I'm now trying to start a business. We live in America lets stop making excuses

cml750 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

Oh, not worked up that much at all, just hoping and praying every day that Trump keels over.

DD

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Don't get too hot that you keel over before he does is his point. :)

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I wish he were actually cutting spending, but a reduction in the rate of increase is not a spending cut

cml750 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I love this post and this is exactly how I feel. Damn near made me cry @Nook

AleksandarN, B-Bob and Nook like this.
  13. DaDakota

Hey, it could happen, but odds are in my favor - Dear God, please take Donald Trump from this physical world as soon as possible he is hurting too many of your children.

DD

pirc1 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

15. NewRoxFan

And $5 billion will be shifted away from military hospitals and reduce subsidies for Stars and Stripes...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Trump budget calls for cutting Medicaid, ACA by about $1 trillion
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...by-about-1-trillion?__twitter_impression=true

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

This is from 2018, just to keep this in perspective. Wouldn’t get too worked up over this as he’s probably using it to distract from something else:

The president's budget doesn't matter, and you should ignore it
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-budget-doesnt-matter-2018-2

The White House on Monday released its annual budget proposal. And you should do with it the same thing that Congress will do with it: Throw it in the trash.

The president's budget is not a law and it's not even a bill. It's a statement of principles. Ordinarily, you might think a statement of principles from the president is important. Maybe the budget reflects priorities that the White House will fight to ensure are included in future laws about spending.

But that is not what has happened, in practice.

Amiga, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So if you are taxed and part of that fund is effectively funneled to the top, the answer is be part of the top. If I extend this logic to the max, it would be perfectly fine to tax the middle and poor at a 90% rate and the top at a 1% rate. Don’t complain, work on being wealthy. Amazing.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think it does matter. It lays out Trump priority and what they will start negotiating from. Yes, it won’t get passed by today Congress. But politically, it should matter in a similar way to M4A that have no chance of passing.

20. NewRoxFan

WTF? Senate republicans won't hold hearings on trump's budget because he might get his feelings hurt???