1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Politifact had a busy time fact-checking Trump's statements in the Time article about Trump and truth versus falsehoods...
    Fact-checking Trump’s TIME interview on truths and falsehoods
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-trumps-time-interview-truths-and-fal/

Deckard likes this.
  2. bongman

bongman Member

"Because I am PRESIDENT, and you're NOT !" - POTUS

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

No Worries, Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I wonder what is Mr Trump's approval ratings 7 years and 9 months later???

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Should I buy low now, or try to get pennies on the dollar at bankruptcy court.

Art of the Dealers, what say you?

8. NewRoxFan

... and Trump's Gallup polling slips again, now down to 36% approval. Wednesday will be interesting as the latest Quinnipiac poll will appear... will he slip below 35%?

And its not just Trump's numbers falling lower and lower... only 34% of Americans think the country is heading in the right direction. And only 14% approve of the republican-lead congress.

RudyTBag and eric.81 like this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Wonder what did all these people do during the Nov election?

#169 pirc1, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    RudyTBag, eric.81 and Hey Now! like this.
  10. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

They hid their head in the sand as they're terrified of Mexicans, transgender people, safe and legal abortion providers, gun control laws, women, millennials, political correctness, gay marriage, gay people, employee provided birth control, available insurance to those with pre-existing conditions... should I keep going?

11. NewRoxFan

Just like here on this forum... outside of a very few true-believers, very few Trump voters will admit to it now.

eric.81 likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

However I will say though that the faction of Americans that voted for Trump that will (behind closed doors) agree with Trump's views didn't go anywhere and haven't changed. Just the other day I was at a friends house, and his dad came by and within minutes said something about the Rape case that FoxNews is covering 24/7 and said almost word for word

"apparently this is something that Immigrants are doing now"

...regarding coming over the border and just raping people for sport. Its pretty crazy how prejudices still exist and are at such a heightened state. Although most of those people will claim to be good people, will be nice to everyone because they are mostly good people but have those twitches where behind closed doors, just say this crap that lines up with what Trump says.

Those folks have always been that way, and won't change. I'd guess that is about 40% of Americans who will probably always be that way.

But I will say though that the conversation, with the older guy who made the rape statement, turned where he started talking like Trump was not doing so well, and that he thinks Trump never really wanted to be President to begin with. So while those who voted for him will still align to him, I do think that his approval rating will continue to drop if he keeps F-ing up in office. However we'd be foolish to think that they all the sudden don't still hold Trump values near and dear to their heart. I'd just go ahead, and assume he always has 40% approval no matter what just to be safe.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Likely he always has ~ 40% approval from white people no matter what he is going to do, which is similar to Obama approval rate from black.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

America isn't heading in the right direction because the Deep State won't let Trump make the necessary changes.

Approval of the Republican-led Congress is so low because they are part of the Deep State that is stopping Trump from making the necessary changes.

Oh, I guess I'll need one of these: ;)

Deckard likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I pretty much have to agree with this. My significant other's older brother is certainly one of the 5%, if not the 1% (he's worth a few million, probably), is the CEO of a national company, and very smart, yet even after the absurd start Mr. Trump has had, he's a believer. Not only that, but he was dying for an argument. We were careful to avoid politics this past weekend while on a visit to their place in San Antonio and just ignored a couple of comments he made. The only thing I said to him was that he needed to broaden his news sources, and left it at that. Unlike Trump, he's actually a terrific businessman, and is NOT a pathological liar. The guy is incurious and willing to believe whatever is on Fox News, except for anything Hannity says. He thinks Hannity is an idiot, so when he said that, I had to give him props. Hannity is an idiot.

My point is that despite the obvious bizarre handful of members here that are drinking the Trump Kool-Aid or trolling, there are also a lot of people out there that should know better, but don't. It is rather depressing when you run into one and it is someone you respect.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I've had 3 clients of mine who make mid 6-figure salaries tell me essentially the same thing. For them, it was about Trump reducing regulations and corporate taxes. Didn't argue with them- let them say their peace. All you can do.

Deckard likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Except black people don't hold 40% of the electorate at any given time. And white Americans densely populate key battleground electoral college states by a large margin.

Point being America pays a big price by this notion that 40% of Americans having similarly aligned views to that of a narcissistic, sexual predator, bigot, xenophobe, fake Christian, silver spoon coddled, scheming, lying billionaire.

Not that 40% of Americans are all of that obviously (we can't all be born a millionaire) but they have a similar belief system on the issues which will lend them to continue to agree with Trump even when he's factually innacurate all of the time.

That older white guy I talked about earlier knows it's likely a fact that Mexicans aren't flooding the border and raping for sport, but it triggers their instincts to hear about one case on FoxNews and then say something racist behind closed doors in the comfort of their home. And then say "yeah i know Trump is over the top and lying but i get it". He's basically saying the sh$& your racist lunatic uncle says at Thanksgiving and it just feels normal to these folks. I can say that because I'm the guy with the racist lunatic uncle.... several of them.

That's sadder than anything I can think of (the normalcy to white America with Trumps beliefs) when it compares to the black community and black families in general and their loyal support of Obama.

19. NewRoxFan

Well, Trump wanted a place in history...

Unpopularity Contest: Trump is Off to a Historically Poor Start
    A Gallup poll on Monday had President Trump's job-approval rating at 36% (it was conducted mostly after the failed health-care push). To put that standing into perspective, here's where Gallup had these other early presidencies at about this same point in time:
    • Barack Obama: 63% (March 16-22, 2009)

• George W. Bush: 53% (March 26-28, 2001)

• Bill Clinton: 53% (March 12-14, 1993)

• George H.W. Bush: 56% (March 12, 1989)

• Ronald Reagan: 60% (March 15, 1981)

• Jimmy Carter: 75% (March 20, 1977)
    What's more, George W. Bush never hit 36% in Gallup until 2006 -- well after Hurricane Katrina and after the Iraq war had turned south. And Obama never ever dropped to that level over his eight years as president, which included a government shutdown, a debt-ceiling crisis, and a HealthCare.Gov failure

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...contest-trump-historically-poor-start-n739386

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

No doubt, Trump is off to a historic start.