1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Another #didntvotefortrump guy that will spend all of his time in here defending Trump.

mtbrays likes this.
  2. justtxyank

[​IMG]

I saw this morning on Fox & Friends that Iran might have a nuke so I bombed them first. 10 points for America!

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I swear Trump is that 10 year old kid who sees his male role model such as his father watching cable news and in that 10 year old's bubble, his father is the most knowledgeable person he knows thus 'smart people' obtain their information through cable news.

It's really insane how this man became POTUS.
    It is litterally no different than plucking a random devoted Fox News viewer from their house and sticking them in the Oval Office.

The most ironic part of this whole ordeal is that his acolytes HATE cable news with a passion yet their prophet watches it religously. That's of course assuming the likes of ipaman and RL are actual sincere posters who aren't playing some shtick.

MadMax likes this.
  4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Fake News. Sad.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you start threads and reference polls that reflected negatively on President Obama?

justtxyank likes this.
  6. pirc1

In case you still do not realize, most conservatives are yuge hypocrites.

7. bobrek

Hypocrisy crosses party lines.

8. justtxyank

Most people are

9. pirc1

Oh the same look they are all corrupt line. Look at this Trump administration just the first two months and tell me that Hillary is just as corrupt.

10. pirc1

There are hypocrites and then there are conservative hypocrites.

11. bobrek

Not sure about corruption, but both major parties have plenty of hypocrites. That is undeniable.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is one of the thing that you can almost certainly blame the MSM for. The polls were TYPICAL and not out of the ordinary. IOW, it was fairly "accurate". It was the people that combined the polls and make a prediction on % of who will win (polls don't do this btw) that got it almost completely wrong.

But the bigtexx and many others do not understand enough to separate polls from predictions. Or if they do, they don't care because .. partisan hack.

13. justtxyank

And then there are liberal hypocrites.

Whichever one happens to be in power is the one that is most egregious at any particular moment.

14. justtxyank

A little more nuance; it's the people who look at percentages and don't understand them that made it worse.

Nate Silver was talking about this for two weeks before the election. He couldn't understand why the Clinton people weren't more worried. People look at something like 60-70% and think "lock" when that is absurd. The NYT and other newspaper "percentages" are just stupid, but Silver's model saying 60-40 isn't "wrong" if the 40 side wins.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's been cool watching the Trump administration turn moderate conservatives into borderline liberals.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Silver was one of those that got it "right". I was assuming that people understand %, but yes, maybe you have to even explain that. The 90%+ chance of winning by NYT and many others were the one that did a great disservice to the polls.

I think Clinton people knew enough... which point to how big a failure of a campaign they were.

17. justtxyank

Silver specifically chastised the Clinton campaign in the weeks leading up the election for not spending time in Wisconsin and Michigan.

18. pirc1

Clinton ran a historically bad campaign to lose the election.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

and campaign in NM.

as an aside, people talk about echo chamber as if it's something that only happen to the Right. What if, and I think there is definitely some of it, the Clinton campaign knew in their head, but their heart was trapped in the echo chamber that most everyone was saying they were going to win and they played too loose and cute. Unacceptable when this truly could be one of the defining moment in the history of the US. If Trump causes real lasting damages, the Clinton campaign (and DNC) is almost as much responsible as Trump is in my book.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

and borderline liberals into a frothing frenzy. Yeah it's been a blast!