1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and supporters sinks to new low "Send her back"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Jul 18, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

According to right wing propaganda outlets or Donald Trump sure. She did make a comment on Twitter about “all about the Benjamins” or something that carried some implications but it led to a resolution on the house floor to call out anti Semitism that nearly all the Dems voted for. I agreed with that and think it was fair to make it clear to her to not go there.

But the fact is criticizing the Israeli government under Netanyahu is different than being an anti Semite. That’s like saying you were anti American in 2009 if you disapproved of Obama.

Israeli politics and antisemitism are too often convoluted to create a smoke cloud to make political attacks.

This is an example of real anti semitism for reference:

Just as a reminder Donald Trump called them “very fine people”.

“We’ve been spreading our Memes.... we’ve been organizing on the Internet”.

#21 dobro1229, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is the sad part. You have comments like this and racists like @dachuda86 liking it. The very fact they don’t know it’s racist is the most troubling

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wait, you’re not allowed to criticize Israel? Let Bernie knows he’s an antisemite too.

Besides, you and your alt right buddies are responsible for the majority of anti-Semite rhetoric so please spare us.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Because I disagree with you doesn't make me alt-right. I'm actually not pro-ethnostate. Sorry to ruin the preconceived image you have of people who disagree with you. Also she is not just some criticizer of Israel. It's very clear what she means in the manner she is speaking. Who the hell uses rhetoric to say what she said? She harkens back to a racist stereotype that Jewish people are deceiving people by hypnotizing and how people need to wake up. Very obvious she's antisemitic.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If you're unhappy you can leave where you are. The is really nothing racist about that. Maybe it's a bit rude, and it could have been phrased better, but oh man some far left people act like they need a therapy session. My god your skin, and other peoples' these days, is so thin I'm surprised you have the power to get out of bed into this world of meanie heads.

Grow up.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This was a great answer. Too bad this man got tainted by his role in the Iraq war... I met him in the 90s and was a huge fan of his.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He denounced it yesterday. Why didn't he stop it while it was happening?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is a racist. Trump supporters are either racists or rationalize and excuse his racism.

The Republican party is now a nationalistic movement against people of color. It is what we all suspected: MAKE AMERICA WHITE AGAIN.

It's time for America to rise up and put down this evil.

9. havoc1

havoc1 Member

If this isn’t a race thing, then can you answer this question: why is it that this phrase is predominately used against people of color, even people of color that are from the places they are told to leave?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Because...

These dummies know it's racist.

havoc1 likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe his reaction is just a bit slow. It lasted for ONLY 15 consecutive seconds.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dear lord do people find contorted ways to make Muslims who criticize Israel anti-Semitic.

I guess she's also an Islamophobe now because she asks Muslims to boycott Hajj... HAJJ, literally one of the main tenants of Islamic duties because she doesn't want to give tourist revenue to Saudi because she thinks they are an oppressive totalitarian regime.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I was genuinely shocked to see Trump walk this back.

Dude never apologizes or retreats, ever. Weird showing of weakness by the Donald.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

When asked about the chant and after he said he disagree with it, he was asked why he didn't stop it (it went on for 15 sec)...

“I disagree with it, by the way. But it was quite a chant,” Trump said during an event Thursday promoting the Special Olympics. “And I felt a little bit badly about it. But I will say this: I did, and I started speaking very quickly.”

He lied. He didn't try. He didn't speak very quickly. And this isn't much of a walk back. Felt a little bad? "quite a chant" is his ambiguous messaging that he like to send and leave it up to interpretation. He could clearly outright reject it and apology, but he didn't. He want it both ways and people shouldn't give him credit for both lying and a half ass walk back.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It isn't used to target nonwhites. Applies to white people too.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not really.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not really. Conservatives hate the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi, and Bernie Sanders' guts, but they were never told to "go back" to where they came from. Not shockingly, the only person in politics recently having their citizenship and loyalty to the country questioned by conservatives is Obama (I wonder why...). This is almost certainly a line of attack based on someone's ethnicity. The fact these Congresswomen are almost all natural born citizens only reinforces that idea.

I'm not a fan of "mind reader" politics and playing the fruitless game of dissecting intent. But defending this as not having anything to do with race is incredibly naive at best and dishonest at worst. This is not a hill worth dying on. Take the L and stop shoveling dung for the cretins in your tent.

#37 DonnyMost, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You aren't arguing against the racist part. Trump's message wasn't just 'if you don't like it, you can leave'.

That isn't racist.

What was racist was that he talked about them coming from countries that were a mess and that they should go back there and fix that. 3 of the 4 were born in the US.

He has never told white critics born in the United States to go back and fix the countries from which they came.

Racist, White Nationalists, Neo Nazi groups have agreed that it was racist. Yet you are arguing with White Nationalist racists telling them that they can't recognize their own brand of racism.

They believe it is racist. In this case, I will take their word for it.

LosPollosHermanos and havoc1 like this.
  19. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Yeah... this isn’t true. I’m guessing that the overwhelming majority of people who are told this are non-white people.

It seems like you are trying pretty hard to have this statement apply to everyone regardless of their skin color when that is obviously not the case.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jeez, you really padded your post count with these layers of bull****.

"He denounced it." Good God. Trump denounced this? Don't kid yourself. And don't be disingenuous. He's providing cover for Republicans. He stood there like Mussolini speaking at a Klan rally while they were chanting "send her back". For almost 15 seconds.

It worked for him with the Obama crap, he's going to double down. Just accept it.