1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump already saving American jobs - Carrier to keep jobs in the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 29, 2016.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Goodman and Carrier are direct competitors

They are some of the last good general labor/manufacturing jobs

You go into those plants and you can learn trades like welding

Some of y'all are so far removed from that lifestyle

I used to be also

Bandwagoner likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

One last thing, all the skilled jobs at these places are taken by foreigners

For instance I see Chinese American machine mechanics everywhere

#282 pgabriel, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yall really got me going

On haves and have nots, Goodman was founded in the 30's. The elderly son of a founder is the guy five years ago who killed someone drunk driving in Florida and tried to adopt his hoochie girlfriend so he would have an heir to prevent the victim from taking all his money.

In comparison to Carrier, Goodman now owned by Japanese conglomerate Dakin consolidated all nationwide operations on 99 and 290. Like how those cell phone manufacturers in the far east operate.

Ted Cruz did a ribbon cutting there a few months ago

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wrote a bunch **** on topic that has nothing to do with Trump

That's what I'm saying

#284 pgabriel, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I am not saying we need to "take back our country", I'm asking what was the purpose of revisiting (bumping) this thread: childish ridicule or legitimate criticism?

My grandparents are in their late-80's. Great health for their age, great retirement benefits and all that. Grandfather worked 30+ years at a US Steel plant. Could not have had that job had it been given to cheap foreign labor by either offshoring or immigration.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

and take away hope - a terrible thing

International students application is down because of Trump. There is nothing from Trump admin to push STEM for native and resident to replace the gap. Zip. Innovation will be driven oversea with less STEM graduates.

Pull out of Paris Accord signal to the world that the US government doesn't want to lead the next generation of highly paid and sustainable new jobs in the new energy sectors. A long term losing strategy. Less hope for our future.

There is nothing wrong with trying to save jobs ever, but is it repeatable and sustainable? While at the same abandoning the future? Not smart.

7. Cohete Rojo

Stretch. The Carrier story has nothing to do with "intentional students". Besides, we are discussing economic policy within the United States - not the International States.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Legitimate criticism. Trump made considerable political hay of these two news items. In fact, as a broader political theme that he has been succeeding at creating jobs (see below). In fairness all presidents will tout job growth, in part to raise American confidence. But Trump lies about so many things, including small things like the existence of tapes, that claims he makes on important things, like job creating will get called immediately to question. Which if you go back to the start of this very topic happened.

There are Trump's claims about jobs. And then there are the numbers
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/22/news/economy/trump-jobs-claims/index.html

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Hard to not get lost when you are only looking at tree in a big forest.

Innovation is what drive new business and sustain / evolve current one. STEM is an economic driver. Most resident and native do not go to STEM majors, thus the importance of international students, who largely fill a big gap for the last decade. When you slow that down, it will impact the United State future. When you slow that down and have no plan to push STEM within native and residents, you aren't doing smart policy. Save a few jobs here and there that isn't repeatable and can't be sustained while cutting off our future? This is the extreme short term view and it's not smart.

10. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Does not compute.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Did you not see the "Chinese" part? LOL

12. Cohete Rojo

Then what is the criticism: Trump aims too high?

13. Cohete Rojo

That still has nothing to do with these stories about Carrier and Boeing. Trump is not stopping anyone from pursuing a "STEM" career. How long have you been in the "STEM" field and which president gave you this opportunity?

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

OK, clearly you are the one who gets overly upset about things. We post our takes, and you go on multi-post rants. That's the difference.

The real question is: why do you care so much about what a few people say in the hangout section of a sports message board? We're not jumping up and down- we're giving our honest takes on things, and then you act like you're the guy passing out flyers on the street corner who people look at it with the "is he crazy?" look.

And why do you care so much about protecting Trump? So what if some of us want to criticize every thing he does? He's earned it. This is not, "well, he does so much stupid **** that we're going to ignore half of it just to get to the truly terrible stuff." If he does 10 dumb things in a week, I'm not giving him a pass on 7 of them.

Our effect on the overall electorate has nothing to do with it. Trump got elected on a number of factors- some of which no one can control. If conditions stay the same, then he'll be reelected in 2020, it's that simple. It's not worth freaking out about.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

well, it all started with this from you: "Trump gave people hope - what a terrible thing to do".

As I said, he takes hope away and it's terrible thing to do for the United State. Seems you no longer want to talk about hopes anymore. No problem.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Too much Poe's law going on here.

The options to consider about you aren't looking to great. You were either dropped in the head as a child or are trolling.

It's bad shithead, because he used it as a campaign trick to make idiots worship him
    Well I can tell you that the foundation to pursue a stem education( your high school career) is probably going to be severely hampered with Betsy's privitization and charter school program especially in rural areas where the one local public high school in the region would have it's public funding siphoned.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's not bad right now

Jobs are important

Democrats need to be more hands on

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wanna correct something

Mechanics across all industries are a diverse group

People know how to find money

It's a universal truism

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

All I'm saying is at some point addressing the upset the election was is necessary at some point

That's not beating down Clinton it's where do we go from here

There is no serious discussion

Really that's what I mean to say on all these topics

Obama big government time has passed. It was necessary but it's done

No one talks infrastructure on either side

Just an example