1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Baby cries<br><br>Trump: &quot;I hear that baby crying, I like it!”<br><br>MOMENTS LATER<br><br>Trump: &quot;you can get the baby outta here&quot;<br> <a href="https://t.co/hygTDAakzO">https://t.co/hygTDAakzO</a></p>&mdash; Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/760507629068165120">August 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Tomorrow's headline on CNN

Trump's Feud with Crying Baby. Why Your Infant Child Might Be At Risk Under President Trump.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

No, he can't...

Chump is making George W look like a genius.

UNBELIEVABLE

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate that. But I was actually talking about Trump's claim that he personally had given all this money. It was separate from Trump foundation shenanigans.

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brought to you by the Zucker Brothers.

You. Just. Can't. Make. This. Stuff. Up.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, this is exactly analogous to insulting a gold star family.

8. Carl Herrera

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump says the economy is tanking and he &quot;hopes it happens fast&quot; so it doesn't happen on his watch. But says will blame if it does.</p>&mdash; Steven Dennis (@StevenTDennis) <a href="https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/760511060428333057">August 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

9. rage

rage Member

Trump's incoherent explanation (I think the day later, after someone on his team educated him) is even more stupid, if someone may pull it up.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Heh. Was in the market to buy a home during the great recession. Housing prices were great if you were buying. I sometimes joke how nice it'd be to have another recession, particularly affecting the housing market but of course realize my personal success with it would come at the cost of millions of other people struggling during a potential economic meltdown. The man wants the economy to tank just to use as a talking point for political gain. Seems a bit asinine. He wants America to be great but only under his watch and if it's not great under his watch, it's dem dirty libtards faults.

11. JeffB

Supporting Member

The gift that keeps on giving:

Trump gifted Purple Heart, says he 'always wanted' one

Ashburn, Virginia (CNN)A military veteran supporting Donald Trump gifted the Republican nominee his Purple Heart Tuesday, prompting Trump to say he "always wanted to get the Purple Heart" and this was "much easier" than serving in combat.

Purple Hearts are awarded to service members who suffer wounds in combat.
    "Something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and handed me his Purple Heart," Trump told supporters at a campaign event here. "I said to him, 'Is that like the real one or is that a copy?' And he said, 'That's my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.'"

Trump received the veteran on stage at the start of the rally to receive the decoration.

"I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier," Trump said.
    Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton quickly hit Trump over his Purple Heart remarks, tweeting, "This from a man who says he's 'sacrificed' for our country."

----

Trump is tone deaf. Supposedly the vet told a reporter he gave Trump a copy of his Purple Heart.

12. JeffB

Supporting Member

Obama says Trump 'unfit' for presidency

"The Republican nominee is unfit to serve as president," Obama said at a White House news conference with the Prime Minister of Singapore. "He keeps on proving it."
    Obama on Tuesday described his feelings about Trump as unprecedented, recalling disagreements with previous GOP presidential nominees Sen. John McCain and Mitt Romney -- but never an outright sense they were unfit to serve.
    "There has to be a point at which you say, 'Enough,' " Obama said.
    Obama placed responsibility for Trump's statements squarely on his fellow Republicans, many of whom denounced his statements on the slain soldier's family but didn't withdraw their support.

"What does this say about your party that this is your standard-bearer?" Obama asked of GOP leaders. "This isn't a situation where you have an episodic gaffe. This is daily and weekly where they are distancing themselves from statements he's making. There has to be a point at which you say, 'This is not somebody I can support for president of the United States, even if he purports to be a member of my party.' "

Obama said that denunciations from Republicans of Trump's remarks "ring hollow" without an accompanying withdrawal of support.

"I don't doubt their sincerity. I don't doubt they were outraged by some of the statements that Mr. Trump and his supporters made about the Khan family," Obama said. "But there has to come a point in which you say, 'Somebody who makes those kinds of statements doesn't have the judgment, the temperament, the understanding to occupy the most powerful position in the world.' "

13. Carl Herrera

And Trump goes ALL CAPS in reaction to Obama criticism:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">STATEMENT IN RESPONSE TO PRESIDENT OBAMA'S FAILED LEADERSHIP: <a href="https://t.co/SPgFIFuSO7">https://t.co/SPgFIFuSO7</a></p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/760532443061420033">August 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

#6593 Carl Herrera, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Sorry, but Trump is the effect of 8 years of Obama administration and Republican incompetents to challenge the administration. The people had enough.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Unhinged Hahahaha!

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The people are 100 percent behind mr. Trump. We're not going down easy I can tell you that.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Work on your troll game. It's becoming a bit too obvious.

18. Carl Herrera

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/340FMdHj24c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Carl Herrera

You know that you don't work for him, right? You know that he doesn't know you and doesn't care about you, right?

You don't have to call him Mr. Trump.

20. JeffB

Supporting Member

:grin:

It would be funnier if this **** wasn't really happening!