1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fortunately most Americans understand that he is the biggest r****d of them all.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You have the power to change that, you just need to post more frequently and on several forums. Get your tard powers known to the public and then you could possibly run for president.

1 person likes this.
  3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

the attack that has and will work: playing the woman card. in case people forget how often women vote and how badly Trump is doing with da womans

oh, and don't forget endorsements and full-throated support from a Democrat president who has about an equal approval rating as Reagan did at this time in their presidencies.

and I get the feeling Bernie is more pliable than Cruz Control.

also, Gray Johnson is sadly a stronger third-party option than Jill Stein.

all looking up aces

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He has New York values. He will appoint liberal justices.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Clinton vs Trump will be centralism vs authoritarianism. Not even about Red vs Blue.

6. Bandwagoner

meh. I have to agree with Scott Adams again.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/143479429146/and-then-there-were-two

7. Northside Storm

The Dilbert dude who keeps on saying the obvious (pander to enough stupid people who hate the things you claim to hate and you'll get anything you want?).

Yeah, Trump needs to keep on playing the woman card. All the time.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/274260-trump-faces-daunting-gender-gap

hey, newsflash, it's okay if you piss off Muslims and Mexicans, there aren't that many of them and there are a lot of idiots who hate those groups for no reason, but women are um last I checked, more than 50% of the population (overall sex ratio of 0.97 males/females in America).

oh wait, people hold stupid biases? winning strategy: try to convince women that they should embrace another stupid bias (Hillary can only win if she's a woman--LOL).

Try again. There are only so many idiots who will reason as follows:

"HIGH-KILL WEAPON, WIN ELECTION KTHXBYE"

The dude should have sticked with comics. Or making fun of 90s engineering culture.

It's okay to be openly sexist in America--to a large extent, the culture is built for that. But yeah, you shovel enough s**t in people's faces and that s**t will bite you back. Trump's numbers are getting worse with women--not better with each attack. so yes, he should keep on making them, because persuasiaon kill weapon XD

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trump is pulling the strings of the naive and half-wits. Seriously, I can't believe his followers are buying his "I want to be unpredictable" card. It's the perfect cover that works on his half-wit followers in order to hide is severe lack of nuance in foreign policy.

Trump: "How can I hide my lack of knowledge in foreign affairs? I KNOW! Just state that I have to unpredictable and can't divulge nuance!"

9. Bandwagoner

I tried reading this three times. The majority of your first sentence is in parenthesis. I think the only point you have is the disapproval ratings but I can't be sure. You can't blame all on crappy jokes this time.

10. Northside Storm

here, a concise summary JUST FOR YOU. point-by-point.

1) Dilbert dude is an idiot
    2) Trump is an idiot who needs to take this advice
    3) There are more women then there are Muslims and Mexicans
    4) Women are smarter than you think they are
    5) Dilbert dude is an idiot
    6) Dilbert dude is an idiot
    7) Why do you reason like Dilbert dude?

An even shorter summary would be:

1) Dilbert dude is an idiot
    7) Why do you reason like Dilbert dude?

HERE ARE MY LIST OF REASONS <-> NONE OF THEM ROOTED IN FACT. ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM, PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER TAKEN PSYCH

My list had at least one fact. Not sure the dude's even gets there. All the kill logic in the world can't dispute what is actually happening.

11. Bandwagoner

This pretty much sums up all your posts in a very concise manner. Thanks.

12. Northside Storm

You're welcome, brah.

Keep that in mind next time you post Scott Adams s**te--there are things like actual facts, trends and correlations.

13. Bandwagoner

Of which you didn't post any. He talked about the disapproval rating in his previous blog. He has also been predicting all things Trump for 7 months.

14. Northside Storm

ohhhhhhh, the blogger got one right? Nate Silver has the pantry thrown at him if he gets one thing wrong.

It doesn't take f**king Nostradamus to predict that an openly racist bigot would attract the Republican base. Credit to Trump for whoring himself out to the lowest level for votes, but unfortunately for him and fortunately for the rest of us, the Republican primary electorate is NOT the general electorate.

Dispute the predictive accuracy of polls at this stage if you'd like, but don't do it with bulls**t like "women will eventually know what's good for them." That's simply implausible given how much Trump has pissed off women to date. And no, a stupid "frame" isn't going to change that anytime soon, unless the correlation they show goes inverse and women become dumbasses.

Trump has played the "woman card" throughout the primary. It's gotten him GREAT results. He's already tried to "frame" this and gone after Clinton for being a woman. The only thing next is to go heavy after Hillbill's marriage.

Hey, here's another fact for you:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/27/donald-trump-women-voters-hillary-clinton-us-election

Go Trump go! :)

#4074 Northside Storm, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  15. Bandwagoner

I don't think many other people called it. You seem pretty hostile to a guy who is just posting his thoughts on a blog and who doesn't have a dog in the fight. He certainly isn't an idiot.

16. Northside Storm

I am hostile to people who think--ohhhhh theories 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, I'm the guru who can tell you that being sexist pays off--polls, what are those?

In my world, being right once is the definition of statistically insignificant.

I'm also generally hostile to the pundit class Scott is trying to join because nobody actually tracks their predictions. Is he going out to pasture if nothing he says comes to pass?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After watching you go full 'tard....no thanks.

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

I was just pointing out why Trump is considered a joke by so many people. None of his erratic behavior has hurt him much in the Republican primary, but the general election is a different animal and his poll numbers with the general electorate so far look bad.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I ignored the polls at my peril early in the race. I said Trump was a paper tiger and that when the primaries started, Trump's support in polling would evaporate. Apparently, I was wrong then to discount the polls. So now when the polls say women hate Trump, I'm going to accept it. That's a pretty important voting bloc in the general.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I still think the Dilbert cartoonist is irrelevant as an analyst of American politics, BUT, on this rare occasion, I agree with bandwagoner on the basic idea here: Trump will survive with the American voters better than many people suspect.

he'll tone down a bit, and his "folksy" blunt way of speaking will still be "refreshing" a broad swath of America. It will contrast well with Mrs. Hillary Robot Clinton.

I suspect the election to be closer than the last couple actually, especially if the GOP really gets behind Trump and he can take just a *little* bit of advice.