1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I still don't understand the group of people that willingly support this "man." Well, they probably are the same people that don't keep TipJar bets. ;)

The psychology behind the Trump Super Support is fascinating...almost cult-like in nature. I feel like "Joe Caroll" is going to finally reveal himself at the next Trump rally. This donald fellow can't possibly be real...a character of sorts seems to be the reality.

2. Codman

You're trolling now, right?

Please clarify this nonsense. What was the "break" in the agreement?

You should just admit to to backing out of a simple bet. Really. And, next time, don't even entertain the idea of betting anything.

I'm donating to the TipJar regardless.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

<<hype type="liberal">hype type="liberal">Trump orders his supporters to march on the Republican convention in July in a take-no-prisoners manhunt against the establishment GOP.<</hype>/hype>

<iframe height="288" width="512" src="http://www.reuters.com/assets/iframe/yovideo?videoId=368248983"></iframe>

#4003 Cohete Rojo, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think a lot of his voters have never had anyone in politics who really tried to talk to them, TBH. Romney is a rich white guy who clearly doesn't like to talk to poor white people. Trump, on the other hand, for whatever reason, maybe his crass accent, seems like he could be talking to anybody. There's no fancy pants policy talk. Just good times and good slogans (and the occasional bit of violence for people of color).

#4004 B-Bob, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Romney was cast as a guy who didn't talk to the average guy but that was really who he was. Just because a person is wealthy doesn't mean they are an arse

6. B-Bob

Of course not. Did I say that? :confused: Happy that I know some awesome wealthy people. In fact, of people who get SUPER wealthy, fewer are arses than not, in my experience. The first tier of wealth, however, the "run stop signs in BMW" crowd, meh. In the Bay Area, they are mostly arses.

i just think something about Trump makes him seem more like he's in touch with the streets. I think it's the intentional lack of polish (and the copious tanning efforts? LOL).

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think they support more of who he is not, as opposed to who he actually is. people are simply tired of corrupt career politicians. i don't think trump will be allowed even a chance to occupy the white house. too many powerful interests stacked against him because of the likelihood that he would not 'play along' in maintaining the gravy train in washington. but there will undoubtedly be plenty more trump's in the pipeline over the coming years. as the economy's deterioration accelerates, 'trump candidates' will pop up and lead in most elections nationally.

i'll share my personal experience w/ the guy, since your one of my favorite posters here :grin:

when i moved from SF to NYC in the 90's, i needed a place to stay while my new apt was still being renovated. so i stayed for 3 weeks at an aunt's apt on the 64th floor of trump tower 5th ave. trump's own personal residence was the 65th floor at that time (maybe still is). i saw him at least 3-4 times in the lobby, alternately chumming it up with the staff while at the same time complaining and berating them about little details. up until that time i had always thought he must be a complete joke, all talk and bluster for self-promotion while running his companies into bankruptcy. but instead he seemed a lot more competent off of tv, and knew how to talk and connect with people, in this case being firm/strict with low level employees and still maintaining respect and likeability with them. one evening i took the elevator up the same time as him. towards the end of the ride we were the last people left and he smiled and asked if i was new in the building. i told him i would have expected that he had a personal lift up to his floor, and he just laughed and said he gets too bored riding up alone. never ended up seeing his floor, but a lot of people there said it was really tacky/tawdry w/ gold trim and fake baroque all around.

3 people like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

"Anti-Establishment" Cruz snaking backdoor deals with "Establishment" candidate.

Cruz is second only to Hillary when it comes to being a politician.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

To me, the difference between Cruz and Hillary is pretty clear. Hillary has things she wants to get done(health care, crime, etc), and is willing to do whatever it takes to move that ball forward including rubbing elbows with the so called enemy and pivoting. Cruz seams like he just wants to move up the political latter with total disregard to country or the people around him. Maybe I'm just projecting, but that is how I see them.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would think a 'termination' of a bet would be mutually recognized and agreed. If one party unilaterally breaks off a bet, it's reneging, even if you're citing some clause in the bet. If there's a clause that would cancel the bet, both people should recognize it.

11. B-Bob

This is a great story, and I totally believe it.

So much of what he's been doing is an act, IMHO, though a kind of dangerous one.

12. Codman

"RocketsLegend" walked out of the friendly TipJar bet without any sort of agreement. He just said something like: "The bet is off." Earlier, he claimed he would terminate the bet if Trump were assassinated, but that hasn't happened/isn't going to happen.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What do Cruz and that other guy (1-41) think is going to happen if they steal the nomination? Trump will just run as an independent and ruin the republican party.

14. Major

Major Member

This isn't really possible - at least if Trump is aiming to win. A lot of the ballot requirement dates will have passed by the time of the GOP convention, so it would be impossible to get on the ballot in many states at that point. The original talk was putting up a guy in the Libertarian Party since they have ballot access already, but I believe their convention is in May. So you'd have to kick off the guy that's selected by the party, and Trump isn't libertarian anyway. So I'm not sure he has a route to actually run as an independent and win anything.

15. Cohete Rojo

All the world is a stage. Trump gets it.

16. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

good, he'll stage his way to the Democrat super-majority (judicial, legislative, and executive) the country deserves and needs.

Go Trump go! ;)

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that was Trump's goal all along.

18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

and he's gonna get it! winners win baby!

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much, yeah. Hopefully they won't do too much damage.

20. Cohete Rojo

You have to be one of the most politically illiterate super-posters here. The Democrats haven't had it this bad since the start of the Great Depression.

Look at their numbers in the HoR.
    Look at their numbers in the Senate.
    Look at their numbers in governors.

These are historically bad times for the Democratic party, but you would not know that.

#datadontlie