1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

True Shooting Percentages of Most Used Players in the League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jul 28, 2013.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

btw, Kevin Martin TS% last year was .608, which would place him 3rd, just above Harden.

This is of course with the difference that Harden was the go-to scorer and defender's first priority compared to Martin playing alongside Durant and others in limited minutes (compare with the season before - Martin was closer to .550).

But still, it's impressive to see Martin still hitting those stats. Excited to see how he does with T'wolves.

2. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

When Harden was in KMart position, his TS% was an insane .660. Everything about Harden's efficiency was off the chart. With Dwight as co-focal point of our offense, Harden's TS% will rise this year. I predict a TS% of .620 more likely.

What's more interesting is Harden's % assisted FG. Last year was only 31%. When he was with Thunder, it was close to 50%. We all know where that low assisted % came from: too many isolations.

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Harden is already a superstar, wtf.

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Seeing this chart, it's not surprising that the Spurs and Heat met at the Finals. Since Big Boss Harden will likely remain near the top of the charts here, we only need Howard to enter at an efficient clip to potentially predict our performance. This seems as good as an indicator as any. WHere did you get this chart?

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

for harden i predict a shooting line of .474 .382 .884 for next year. seems reasonable with dwight on the team

6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Anyone who doesn't see the merits of Harden has no business talking basketball. That's crazy efficiency right there for a first time starter on a new team.

7. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

yeah but it still shouldn't be that high. what's the point of having Dwight on your team if you are going to have pretty much the same usage percentage from the year before...and LOFs think Harden is a ballhog lol

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your right Harden is a superstar already.

9. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

LOL Melo, he is overused

Harden hasn't pass that line yet. Superstar: LBJ, KD.

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Do you think that there are only two superstars in the league? I would think that most people think that there are more than that. I agree that Lebron and Durant are above everybody else but to me there are others, Kobe ,CP3 , Harden etc...

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

We're so lucky to have Harden. God bless that beardy man

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

A healthy Dwight Howard has unparalleled defensive impact on the court.

13. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

That may be a good rule of thumb, but you can't just dismiss outliers because they don't fit a nice straight line unless you understand why a straight line is expected.

As someone pointed out, this is KD and LBJ skewing the data. Even with that, I bet the trend is not even 1-sigma significant and, as repeatedly stated, should just be removed.

LOL @ green-lighted scrubs Rudy Gay and Monta Have-it-all.

14. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Okay, if you want to include CP3, Melo, Westbrook etc into superstars, Harden is superstar. But not an all time great yet.

15. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Dwight Howard? Sure even his presence only can help the team defense

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

moving goal posts now LOL

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Thus, a healthy Dwight Howard easily qualifies as a superstar.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I can't click the link at work, but does it say where he got his usage stat from? ESPN has KD and Harden at the same %, right behind LeBron.

19. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Difference between 1st (Carmelo) and 2nd (Westbrook) is roughly the difference between 3rd (Kobe) and 9th (Harden). Best example of how bad Melo hogs the ball and suffocates the offense I can think of.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

It was discussed a little before, but I remember how we used to always looks at these charts to convince ourselves Martin was a star player.