1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

True or False: Clint Capela is this team's second best player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't know what that means. I wish I could have sugar. It's the worst thing for chronic Lyme which I have so I don't have any.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It was clear cut Gordon before his shot fell off the face of the earth. Ariza's shot has fallen off a bit as well, Anderson is our best shooter not our 2nd best player.

So to me it's either Bev or Capela. I'd probably go with Capela. His rebounding and defensive presence is absolutely vital for this team.

What an amazing season from both Bev and Capela though.

Bev turning up his rebounding and assist was a awesome surprise, playing possibly the best defense of his career and bringing his intensity just really helps this team.

Capela upping his point average by 5, increasing his efficiency by having a 7% higher FG% and a WOPPING 15% higher FT% was great, kept up his normal shot blocking/contest and rebounding %'s.

Excited watch see what Capela can improve on, we can see he's starting add on muscle, seeing him bump off KAT and Aldrich last night to dunk in their faces was awesome, totally didn't think Capela had enough sand in his pants to do it but he did.

3. riko

riko Member

Harden is so far ahead of the pack on the current roster that his left nut would the second best player on this team

4. riko

riko Member

Looking at last seasons list no wonder we sucked so bad......

5. basketballholic

The better team controls pace, heyp.

6. basketballholic

We rib each other constantly and have four years and years. I like Batman and we agree a whole lot. We just happened to disagree on Terrence and I want going to pass on the opportunity to get a response from him. No different than everybody needling me constantly about my affinity for Rubio. Quit being so sensitive.

7. basketballholic

Simply a joke. Bats......sugar.

So tell me how we're gonna get past the Spurs.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not easy to guard bigs when you also have to worry about every single perimeter player getting straight line drives to the rim.

Clint has an impossible job.

9. dmoneybangbang

DMo, from start to finish.

YULE C.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

FALSE, he's too inconsistent and has wild swings of good and bad play in the same game. You could argue that Nene had as good or a better year aside from the old man missing too many games. Ariza is our 2nd best player with Bev, Gordon, and Anderson just behind.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

DMo still collecting backdoor 9 figure checks that we don't know about

U wheel sea

12. basketballholic

Yule C was about our interest in Nerlens Noel. We almost acquired him. When the truth comes out about DMo's off season 2016 (it eventually will) I'll be proven right on that story too.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No, because Harden makes things easier for him. His offensive limitations are obvious. He needs to protect the paint better too.

The players who give the most bang for the buck apart from Harden, because of their toughness despite their limitations are Nene and Beverely.

Gordon was the second best player, but he slowed down considerably. Even Harden, has had an unfortunate drop in his game down the stretch. I hope our team will lift themselves up. Go Houston Rockets! Beat the OKC Thunder!

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Arguably the second most important.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's gonna take more than 8 rebounds per game to earn MY respect.

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you saying Rubio can't control the tempo.

Gotcha. You stepped right into that one.

J Sizzle likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Sure sure.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You will never be correct about DMo not missing out on a single dollar in free agency since that is already proven to be incorrect.

And I know...I know...you'll respond saying there's behind the scenes stuff we're not seeing and DMo is still making the same money or whatever. I know. We all know.

19. dmoneybangbang

There are very few "interior" players (Draymond Green) who are truly elite at how most NBA teams play defense. That is, can switch out to the perimeter and recover while being strong enough to give players like Kantor issues.

When I hear people complain about Capela, what they are complaining about is that we don't have an elite defensive anchor. That's a fair position to take but those guys aren't exactly always available or close to it.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

By scoring more points than them? We lost to the Spurs by a combined 10 points over 3 games. Match ups work both ways.

Batman Jones likes this.