1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

True Grit Personify the Rockets --- Hayes and Lowry!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

First let me start by saying that Scola and Martin are stars. They are natural basketball talents and have been so since they were children. I remember hearing Scola say in an interview he was playing against grown men in pro leagues when he was like 13 years old. He's been the hope of Argentina's basketball since he was a teenager.

Martin is probably one of the best scorers I've seen. He shoots lights out, he's got guts (boy does he have guts to drive as much as he does), he's been simply amazing to watch. And everywhere he's been he's been scoring the basketball. Rick Knows that Martin will do whatever it takes to score, putting his body in harms way, so Rick plays him a reasonable 31 minutes a game.

But how many teams out there aren't riddled with dozens of guys like the ones I've described? Offensive basketball prodigies? I still am amazed that the Golden State Warriors with Mullen, Seikley, Hardaway, Spreewell, and Webber sucked so bad...

But Hayes and Lowry... What can we say about those two? Geesh, the fire they play with on the court is amazing. We know that they aren't blue chip NBA guys. But they are guys that are in total sync with their abilities. Has anyone done more with less that Chuck Hayes on the Basketball court? One of the shortest NBA Starting Center ever.

These Rockets are winning because of Lowry and Hayes. They are the identity of the team and personify perseverance!

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

I think that is a great story to tell but in reality we are selling him a bit short(heh). Chuck is an unique talent that people overlook because he is not "prototypical". Don't get me wrong, he would be nowhere without his elite competitiveness and work ethic. But what allows him to harness that is an unmatched strength and quickness at his position that makes him special on the defensive end.

#2 CXbby, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck has the most ridiculous combination of strength and lateral quickness I have ever seen.

Lowry is Jim Brown with a basketball.

Kevin Martin is the Scarecrow mixed with Tinkerbell.

#3 RudyTBag, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011