1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Williams has made Ariza obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Apr 2, 2017.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Clint Capella is going to be the reason for our demise this coming playoffs. With his lack of bball IQ and his lack of defense and rebounding. Yooooool c. We will revisit. Oh... and I told you so. Just a foreshadow.

johnnyvo1 likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Motley 's data shows that Troys are undervalued compared with people named Carmelo or Derrick

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

did you read my reply? just because Capela won't perform well in the playoffs doesn't mean you dumb him it's his first year starting damit.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Don't care. He sucks RIGHT NOW. If he can't do what needs to be done and it continues on then he either needs to sit or should be trade bait next year or at the deadline. Little money contract and all.

But remember what I said.

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

all i would remember is how clueless you are that's for sure.

RiceRockets and bilaal14 like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think it valid to consider what's around Capela when it comes to rebounding and defense.
    I think Clint would look better in those regards playing for the Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies for example.

He seems like he is often not quite as "big" of a big as I'd like... but then I consider he's out there with Dekker and Harden as the next two "interior" bigs helping him out down there.

bilaal14 likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Those are valid points... but just watch his work when it comes to technique inside... he is absolutely clue, frail, and weak. Then he has butter hands.... I just hope you guys are right.... but i have my doubts. I think he will be the main reason for our demise come the playoffs..

As you can see, I am not very fond of Capella or Dekker... I think both of them are not as good as people think they are on Clutchfans... Just as i feel like Ryan Anderson is a liability with a contract that will be toxic in about a years time.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Capela just needs time to pack on more muscle and endurance. Still feels like he gets pushed around way too easily.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think our low post game (or lack thereof) will be our demise - when coupled with cold shooting... but I don't think thats gonna be solely on Capela... Having a stretch 4 doesnt help him at all... He could be agile enough to move in traffic... but utilizing a stretch... you're just leaving him alone as the only line of defense at the rim...
    Imo, if you're gonna utilize a stretch 4... then you need to have a beast down low - Capela ain't it... I like Capela. I think he will develop into a great guy to split time at the center position... but he's not the guy to leave on an island under the rim...

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He had 12 rebounds in the last game. I do agree we could use a bigger man at center who is a great shot blocker though. Nene gets less rebounds than Clint, but scores more points. We need a combination of the two.

bilaal14 likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

I know this is the Clint Capela thread and all but damn ... Williams looks good! Game not face.

seeingred likes this.
  12. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Don't over react it's one game

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Isaiah TAylor, too.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know. I think you expect too much. Well not entirely. We'd all like our team to be the GSW. I just mean it's all relative. Sometimes he has butter hands. But other times it's clear he's WAY better in that regard than much of the league. I mean at times he has an uncanny ability to make this even little shots around the rim. Now he's not dunking it all the time ala DJ or Dwight last year... when Dwight caught it which he also didn't do well... burn clont can be very good at that. The offensive "butter hands" side of the ball I'm not super concerned about.

THe concerns are the multiple possessions we've seen lately where a team will tack up 3 or 4 offensive boards in one possession.

But again... it's not like this gets better when Nene is in there. He has the same problems because it's he same lineup problem with undersized 4 and then 2 small guards plus Harden.

It was better when Ryan was there though still with problems of course as he isn't exactly a rebounding g defensive player but it wasn't at least better.

We'd all like Draymond Green as our PF (dickish antics aside). Sometimes you go to to roll with what you got. And in this case what we got is a team where the biggest issue isn't Capela but whether or not they are hitting 3's and getting to the line... especially against good defenses.

bilaal14 likes this.
  15. CallMeTheDream

Yeah to me the Dekker injury pretty much all but sealed Williams a permanent spot in the rotation. I thought it was strange how Troy was already starting in his first game over Dekker to begin with. Assuming we try and get Griffin or Millsap, Dekker's officially expendable as a deal sweetener this off season along with Anderson.

BigShasta and bilaal14 like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

We are top ten in points in the paint..... In fact we are 6th in the league.

DonKnock and BigShasta like this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If you're looking at raw scoring... maybe so... but you gotta account for the MDA pace... we're actually 19th for % of pitp... which isn't all bad... i mean SA and GS are are smaller % than us... but when you're 4.5% for midrange shots (lowest in the league) I'd expect for a higher % coming inside the paint...

http://stats.nba.com/teams/scoring/#!?sort=PCT_PTS_PAINT&dir=-1

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If he could shoot 6-9 on 3s every game or even average it, he would not have been released by Memphis and been in the D-league.

DD

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Is it even possible to shoot 9 three pointers playing for Memphis?

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

if we win with three starters still out against Denver, whose still playing 4 playoffs, i might believe troy williams is legit.