1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Daniels Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 19, 2014.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Great story, great to hear.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You'd better be buying your teammate shoes (~$1,000) if you're pulling in $20 MM a year. I wouldn't expect any less from Harden. That's like 0.005% of your salary.

Heck, I do that all the time. I give $5 here and there to the street begger

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Actually at the time Daniels was here Harden's extension hadn't started yet. He was still making $6 million a year.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

5. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Just want to point out that what you think should be the case and what is reality doesn't seem to match up to what Troy is saying. He specifically says players don't do this. Regardless if he would of had the extension by then Troy is saying players DO NOT do this. So this is already contradicting the rhetoric that Harden is a loaner and doesn't care about his teammates. So to say he better be doing this because of what you do is an opinion that is not shared among the general player association.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Is this true though that James Harden is giving away half of the shoes he received yesterday to a homeless shelter? If true that's legit awesome.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

where'd u read this?

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am even more pissed at Troy Daniels after reading this.

James buys him a pair of $1k kicks and Troy shows his gratitude by stealing away James' triple doubles.

No wonder he got shipped

1 person likes this.
  9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: James Harden says he will donate half of the shoes from his Adidas truck load today to homeless shelters in downtown Houston</p>&mdash; N B A T A L K (@Talk_NBA_) <a href="https://twitter.com/Talk_NBA_/status/649692544658345984">October 1, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure how reliable that source is though. I didnt read that report anywhere else either

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Cisco Garcia mention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I don't know what i like more: James for looking out for a teammate or for Dainels going out of his way to express his appreciation.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Harden's generosity attracted Khloe too. Good story though

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Apparently Terrence Jones has offered to deliver the kicks tp the shelters...

14. Rox23

Rox23 Member

For a Rox reunion try watching some Charlotte Hornets games.

Troy Daniels
    Jeremy Lamb
    Jeremy Lin

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

too bad Daniels isn't getting any minutes

16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

You never know. Charlotte is the worst shooting team in the league, with MKG being an awful shooter, Batum being average, Walker and Lin being streaky at best, and Lamb is unproven and may not even make the rotation if he continues his apathetic ways (he obviously has the talent).

Daniels lit it up to end the year, and plays well in spurts off of Big Al and Kemba.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I forgot MKG went down with an injury so this may allow Daniels to get minutes. Lamb had a nice preseason game 1.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

He still didn't play today. I think because they have a ton of guys who like to shoot the three and a few can hit a decent %, he will not see the court unless two guards get injured.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That doesn't make sense to me. Their guards and small forwards are the worst shooting bunch in the NBA as far as I can see.

Not saying he should play, but I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the people in front of him like to shoot a lot of 3's poorly.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

My bad, it was supposed to say IF they hit a decent % because let's be honest, all Troy can do is shoot the trey. Kemba, Lin, Lamb & Roberts love to shoot it as far as guards go. Zeller looks like he added a 3pt shot, Kaminsky throws it up and Williams likes to do so as well.