1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Daniels Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Dec 19, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Will miss all the fans, my teammates, and the city of Houston .. But can't wait to contribute to the Timberwolves..!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GreatOpportunity?src=hash">#GreatOpportunity</a></p>&mdash; Troy Daniels (@troydaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/troydaniels/status/546281769780006912">December 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think Troy will find a new home with the young 'uns in Minny.

From MINN GM: "Daniels is an elite shooter who just needs the opportunity."

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good guy. Wish him well.

4. MONON

MONON Member

Thanks for the memories TD. Great attitude! Besides, someone will teach you D and then you'll be back!

5. i3artow i3aller

:grin::cool::grin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Might as well go to a team with a coach who can maybe run some plays for him so he can thrive.

7. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

As much as I want to see Daniels WIN a Championship with da Rox, he deserves to play more minutes to develop his new basketball career and hopefully get a better contract. Minnesota should be a great opportunity for him to do that! If he can improve his all around game, da sky is the limit...

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Since he can't stand for teammates to get triple doubles, he was traded to a team where that would NEVER happen.

1 person likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This was really a factor I think...

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Why does he deserve more playing time?

Guy has a potential future as someone who can't defend, or dribble, but might shoot 39% from 3.
    Kind of like a shorter Anthony Morrow, but with worse defence, no ability to get in the lane, and an inferior shooting touch.

He did well to make it to the NBA by heaving up boatloads of 3s in the DLeague. He'll do well if he surpasses a minimum contract next time around - 39% 3 point shooters can be found elsewhere.

11. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

In all fairness to him and in limited playing time (240+ career NBA minutes with only 6 minutes per game this season) he has shown the ability to play D-Fence but more importantly he did what he was supposed to do with the Rockets which was hit 3 pointers considering the double/triple teams to our inside post players(willing and good passers) and the team philosophy of 3's, fts, and post buckets.

In college and the D-League, he broke records for most 3's in a game and in a season. Daniels is obviously Talented and when given Ample playing time he has been a huge difference maker.

Not many rookies or undrafted players get the opportunity to play their first 9 games in the NBA with 5 of them in the playoffs for a middle seeded Western Conference playoff team and deliver like he did in the Clutch! That is the main reason I wanted to see him play more minutes (6 per game is too small of a sample size) especially with all of the injuries this year and to keep Harden fresher for the reg season and more importantly the playoffs.

However, also understandably so Coach McHale and Morey had minimal room for error by giving him more playing to develop because the Rockets are competing for home court, higher seeding, and ultimately a Championship.

Fortunately for Daniels, a team that is rebuilding like Minnesota will be a Greater Opportunity for him to expand his role to something other than a shooter even if it means making some mistakes with more playing time because the Timberwolves are more focused on their long term future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Daniels
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/rockets-sign-troy-daniels-rgv-vipers

#71 djperm, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  12. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Troy Daniels hit 5/6 fg and 4/4 3pts in 8 minutes for the Wolves last night.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Good for him, let's hope for more minutes and he will a contributor. I wish he was on a contender though.

14. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

That's good to hear, I'm happy for him. Killam Troy

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Hope he gets worked into the rotation, but that seems unlikely w/ KMart on his way back & Shabazz playing well. Either way, love seeing him & Covington light it up and wish the same for Tarik. Rockets really have a knack for finding NBA-level talent in the scrap heap, for lack of a better term.

1 person likes this.
  16. Hwon

Hwon Member

Yeah, apparently the spread was +15 for GSW who were up 25 with 5mins left. Queue Daniels who comes in and lights them up for 14pts 5/5 FG 4/4 3pt including the last 3 that ended the game 110-97 with GSW failing to cover. I can just imagine all the warrior fans with money on the line glued to the screen of a game blown out so bad that not 5mins ago it was lock to cover only to have someone they've never heard of burn them.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Awesome to hear that he is doing so well. I wish he could have done that for us, but it is hard with fewer minutes on a contending team.
    Maybe he will be back with us, some day with more experience.

18. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Are you saying the fix was in? Curious.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

No hes just talking about the highs and lows of sports gambling. Meaningless games can have meaningful outcomes when you bet money

20. Hwon

Hwon Member

Yep, he saved or ruined a lot of people's day last night. I just thought it funny because unless someone followed the Rockets and/or Daniels they were completely oblivious to what was about to happen. As we all know you give Daniels 5mins in garbage time and hes going to take 5+ 3s (his 2 was accidental... foot was on the line).

I personally liked the one where he was on point and asks for a screen at 25ft to shoot a 28ft.