1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tropic Thunder [will this be one of the funniest movies ever?]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Mar 6, 2008.

1. cson

cson Contributing Member

I thought it was The Rock...but teeny.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

he was even more jacked in dodgeball.

3. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Caught a first-release screening of this last summer and this movie is ****ing hilarious! I love it! I would even say it I liked it more than SuperBad and I saw that movie three times in theaters (once as a screening and twice with dates).

Pineapple Express is going to be the best comedy of 2008 hands-down!

4. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I had a lot of respect for Robert Downey Jr., and then he does something like this. It's simply deplorable and a cheap stunt and will truly be the worst thing he has ever done in his acting career. Looking at that picture, I am completely offended and no longer have any respect for his ability as a real actor. He should be stripped of his Oscar...

....I mean, what does he think he's doing for himself starring in a Ben Stiller movie?? And with Jack Black, no less? That's just offensive.

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Disagrees

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ay4jmc88vAM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ay4jmc88vAM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

forgot this one too.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYBe8ur4uJU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYBe8ur4uJU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Why does a great actor like James Earl Jones always have to play black men?

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You must not have seen True Lies, otherwise you would know Arnold is the most fit comedic actor ever. I mean, just look at him:
    [​IMG]

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

10. Oski2005

New R rated trailer, NSFW language.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VdDoy3LC_4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4VdDoy3LC_4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

11. Oski2005

Kind of meta, this is a trailer for a documentary about the movie being made within the movie.

[​IMG]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lCp4aJLFtts&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lCp4aJLFtts&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

www.rainofmadness.com

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Is that Van Gundy in the middle of that poster?

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The anticipation builds. Thanks for the new video.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Honorable Mention: Everyone's A Winner Film Festival

LOL :D

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

[Movie] Tropic Thunder

(I looked around and didn't see any threads so I started this one)

I just got back from an advance screening of Tropic Thunder tonight. I had really been wanting to see this movie for quite some time, and it did NOT disappoint. I, along with the entire audience was laughing out loud the entire time. The main crew was phenomenal, but Robert Downey Jr. was AMAZING. His acting performance was incredibly funny, and I mean just looking at him, I wanted to laugh when he came on the screen. Other than that, the supporting cast was a good backup as well. There were a ton of cameos. Some are so quick, you might not even realize who you saw. The movie makes a lot of fun of the Hollywood culture, right from the start.

Overall, I think its the funniest movie out this summer. I saw Stepbrothers (I loved Talladega Nights), but it wasn't really that good. This movie had the theater roaring from start to finish. All in all, if you want to have a lot of laughs (and not just cheap ones) go see this movie! There are a ton of one liners that will have you laughing after you leave the theater, as well as hilarious scenes.

16. Oski2005

17. DreamRoxCoogFan

I cant search... but thanks.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

I just got back from an advance screening of Tropic Thunder tonight. I had really been wanting to see this movie for quite some time, and it did NOT disappoint. I, along with the entire audience was laughing out loud the entire time. The main crew was phenomenal, but Robert Downey Jr. was AMAZING. His acting performance was incredibly funny, and I mean just looking at him, I wanted to laugh when he came on the screen. Other than that, the supporting cast was a good backup as well. There were a ton of cameos. Some are so quick, you might not even realize who you saw. The movie makes a lot of fun of the Hollywood culture, right from the start.

Overall, I think its the funniest movie out this summer. I saw Stepbrothers (I loved Talladega Nights), but it wasn't really that good. This movie had the theater roaring from start to finish. All in all, if you want to have a lot of laughs (and not just cheap ones) go see this movie! There are a ton of one liners that will have you laughing after you leave the theater, as well as hilarious scenes.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't find racism very funny.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah you'd never see Dave Chappelle dress up like a white guy and try to make that funny.

oh wait