1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Troll Time] Royce White Edition

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CertifiedTroll, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Nero

Nero Member

You know something? I watched Summer League last year same as everyone else.. and there were glimpses that the kid COULD maybe one day become something special in the league.

But the thing which made me really want him to succeed with the Rockets was the way he came to the defense of Zoran Dragic, when some other team's scrub was threatening to 'see him after the game' for a little helping of knuckle sandwich, and Royce looked into the camera and said 'He'll be seeing me first.'

Nobody asked him to do that, but he had the back of a teammate, even an undrafted kid with no shot, who was only here because he was the brother of a player who had been on the team the year before.

THat right there, that made me like Royce and hope for his success on the Rockets.

I don't know what happened to that guy, but he's gone.

I have believed all along that this kid is being led around by the nose by someone else with an agenda. I just don't think he came up with this approach all on his own.

Maybe I'm wrong - heck I most likely am - but man, I just wish he had stayed that same kid we all saw when he was drafted.. what a great story he could have been.

Now?

Nothing but pure toxic - and not just him, but everything he touches, every cause, every team, everything.

Sad.

1 person likes this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL at his ranking. I hope that he was super butt-hurt.

Knowing him, he brushed it off as "hatin."

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i know this wouldn't happen but i would love to see White vs Curb Stomper Jones in a D-League match.

The amount of frustration Tjones must have with been associated with him last year was surely the reason for the incident..

4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1001 surprised that this guy is ranked

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's still a bit overrated.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's see where Jones is ranked.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The crux of what pisses me off about Royce White: nobody has a right to play in the NBA. If he has legitimate mental health issues, OK maybe he legitimately can't play! So he shouldn't get pissed at the Rockets for giving him an opportunity despite his legitimate issue.

It's like a guy in a wheelchair getting pissed because the NBA doesn't have ramps up to the basket.

I'm not NBA ready. Should I get pissed that the NBA hasn't made accommodations for people like me?

Hey Royce White, if you can play, play. If you can't play, then you can't play, so shut up.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think, he simply overrates his ability to be convincing. And he's a minimalist at heart and had always got the "almost is good enough" leeway. And he settled into that zone because "smart people" gave the diagnosis. So from there it gave him identity to assume he's "standing up for something" and aligning himself with the experts.

Royce speaks as if its "expanding horizons" and branching out. But really he's working purely through the narrow parameter and staying within his limitation.

Basically Royce allowed himself to be impressionable to any kind of figure that stands up for a cause cuz he thinks he's the same kind of person. He thinks he's following along with "What Would Gandhi Do?" Royce sees strength, but its misguided. All Royce is, is just stubborn to his existing ways and non-experimental.

I think what "happened" was the NBA was too much pressure and he adhered to his flawed position and clammed up and made an emotional plea and put down and ultimatum to feel in control, instead of it someone giving him bad advise.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The guys last chance. I would be amazed if he made something of it. But ya never know

11. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha ha ha ha, their solution will be to cut him the first day they can do so. After that, he might as well have been caught on film sodomizing a goat, because no NBA team will touch him.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IMHO MJ would never let an arse eating scrub near him.

His ineptitude to focus on one thing at one time will be his doom.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Maybe after he gets cut by the Sixers he will feel accepted by the 313,899,500 Americans who also are not accepted as players in the NBA.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9SnhmTKGbsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Royce White said his fear of flying is a big misconception. Said he'll fly when he has to, drive when he can. He plans to make Europe trip.</p>&mdash; Christopher A. Vito (@ChrisVito) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisVito/statuses/383636604256260096">September 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So is the misconception that he's afraid of all flights, when he's only afraid of most?

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Even if this chump was rated dead last in the NBA (I think he was) he is STILL overrated.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I could see him start flying to make games with Philly and blame last season on the Rockets and the way they handled him. Seriously, he doesn't have a problem flying to Europe which is longer than any flight he has to make in the US.

19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I hope the Euro plane trip goes safely and successfully in the end, however, I would love to find out that they hit some awful turbulence over the ocean and the landing gears momentarily got stuck.

20. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

he drove all the way to santa cruz. he's got real issues with flying make no mistake about it.