1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Troll Scout] Semi Ojeleye

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by CertifiedTroll, Nov 16, 2016.

1. CertifiedTroll

Add him to your watch list. Former Duke player. Transferred to SMU after not getting the role he wanted(he was stuck behind Jabari Parker).

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    2016-17 SMU 32.5 6.5-11.5 .565 2.0-4.0 .500 7.0-8.5 .824 11.0 1.0 0.5 0.5 3.0 4.0 22.0

Listed at 6'7" 235 in his Junior year, this forward is a FREAK athlete. Take the numbers with a grain of salt because of sample size, but I do believe it is possible that he can end the season with a very nice FG%.

So far I have not been able to find any recent highlights or catch a SMU game to see how his game has developed. I am happy to see him averaging 22 points early into the season, albeit against sub-par competition.

A Highschool video of him owning Catholic kids. What you will see:
    • Strength and athleticism for a HSchooler
    • Shooting Stroke
    • He has a poor handle on the ball 3 years ago. Hopefully that has improved.

Edit: I post about him because I believe he could be un-drafted or a second rounder. But he has potential to be an elite shooter with physical skills to be a good defender.

#1 CertifiedTroll, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. CertifiedTroll

ACC player of the week.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...11/15/smu-pfsemi-ojeleye-namedaac-player-week

Says he is a PF. I am not that sold on that being his true position. As the game is beginning to go to small ball, tweener does not seem to be as much of a bad word as it used to be.

Interesting to note, I realized he had to sit a year for transfer. I did not realize he sat an additional year last season due to a post season ban. So he is almost 22...

3. thegreatdantoni

He may want to consider football. He looks like he would do pretty well at tight end.

4. CertifiedTroll

He has a back up plan for sure. But he looks like he could be an elite shooter.. So he should hang around and see if he can retire with some brain cells.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

As an SMU student, I've seen all his games and have been really impressed. People here sort of forgot about him as he had to sit a year out, but he has really shined. I could see him being an NBA small-forward

6. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

He has been ballin. Could stay another year in school though. He will be drafted by someone.