1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Triple double by T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Tmac4theWin

Tmac4theWin Member

Aside from his shooting, i like his stats other wise.
    0 TO, 2 steals, 2 blocks.

2. KidMaven

KidMaven Member

The fact that he did this with 0 turnovers is an amazing acomplishment. The reason we added so many players that are capable of putting the ball in the basket is because tmac can fascilitate and get them wide open shots. Lets just hope our guys can continue to knock down open shots throughout the season. Well at least 2 or 3 of the 6 guys capable of scoring more than 10 points a game. (alston, francis, james, battier, scola, bonzi,maybe head). I still think we need that deadeye 3 point shooter like wesley was for us a few seasons back.

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

OR maybe just maybe it's because McGrady is the best player on this team?

4. cmellon

cmellon Member

Please keep GARM clean from foul and offensive language. We have people of various ages visiting the site.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

The funny part is that we have a guy on the bench that already has had 6 triple doubles as a Rocket.

6. vmac

vmac Member

And your point is? :rolleyes:

Dude, T-Mac just had a triple double & the Rockets won the game while at it. What does Kobe have to do with any of this?

7. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

typical response of a moronic rookie.

8. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

you're missing the point boy. calling people hater when your name itself is rooted with hate. HA!! THINK HARDER.

9. vmac

vmac Member

Blazer_ben is right. Magic Johnson has way more credibility than a T-Mac hater like you. If Magic, who is the best playmaker ever, believes that T-Mac is the second best playmaker in the NBA today then I'll take his word for it.

Jason Kidd is a brilliant playmaker and he's always been one of my favorite players but I have to agree with Magic that T-Mac is better. Playmaking IMO is not restricted to making plays for teammates. It could also mean the playermaker making plays for himself. That means finishing the play, shooting, scoring. Jason Kidd is nowhere near the prolific scorer T-Mac is. It's always been said that J-Kidd can't shoot. This is probably what makes T-Mac a better playmaker than Jason Kidd.

You're also saying that T-Mac makes good plays because he is being double teamed. Doesn't that further prove that T-Mac is indeed a brilliant playmaker because he can make great plays even when he's double or even triple teamed? He is being double teamed because players & coaches respect his tremendous talent. He makes great plays out of double teams because he is such a gifted passer and he has great court vision that he always finds the open man. Other players, when double teamed, would probably turn the ball over resulting to a wasted ball possesion. T-Mac on the other hand makes brilliant plays out of double teams by either breaking down the defense, shooting over the double team or most importantly passing the ball to the open teammate for the bucket. These things IMHO makes T-Mac the second best playmaker in the NBA today.

Need I say more, Hater?

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

this is a textbook example why too mnay conflicts in this world. miscommunication. people read and misunderstand the real message and without sort of a warning, they start firing.

11. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

If the Rockets play better when T-Mac is passing and not scoring big numbers, then the season splits wouldn't say that the team STATISTICALLY is better when T-Mac is averaging less assists and more points. Last year they went 21-11 when T-Mac was averaging 30PPG with Yao out.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the crazy thing is the last triple double was from francis in 03 for the rockets. I never would have guessed t mac didn't have any with the rockets before tonight.

didn't kobe get three in a row a couple of years ago

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

You're getting enbrassed in this thread. keep opening ure mouth more. only more embrassement will follow.

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

he could have had atleast 6 triple doubles just last year. each time he came a dime or a couple of boards short. btw, whats kobe got to do with anything. why are you trying to start a pissing contenst?. so everytime tracy does something, we gotta here how kobe has dont it before?. :rolleyes:

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I was surprised he only had three triple doubles.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wasn't the one who brought up kobe. follow the thread. I couldn't care less about kobe, I'm not a fan

#76 pgabriel, Dec 6, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  17. vmac

vmac Member

Yeah. It's a little weird considering he's a very talented & unselfish player.

18. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

hmm this is not Rockets basketball, we are MOST dangerous when both are stars are firing on all cylinders and the role players are doing their job. We won't be getting 40+ points from Scola and Bonzi every game. Your attempt at trying to make TMac into a Nash will hurt the Rockets. Mainly because he is no Nash in dishing assists and second he is TOO good a scorer to waste by turning him into a Nash.

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Because he prefers to shoot more...

20. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Congrats Tmac! I was pretty surprised he only has 3 too. He's a "do-it-all" player, so you'd think he'd have had a lot more...not that it matters.

Man, his passing last night was BEAUTIFUL. That no-look to Yao as the big guy came barelling down like a runaway train was awesome! Too bad the PGs on our team can't pass like that...

Oh, and some of you guys REALLY need to grow up. At least keep the conversations moderately family friendly, guys.