1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Why not?, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

just an incredible Rocket during his time here. such a versatile player. amazing locker room guy, great bball IQ, good passer, good defender -did all of the dirty/ hard working stuff; good shooter, great length, could get to the rim (much more athletic than people gave him credit for). Played his guts out every night; the effort was always there. No a drama queen, but rather a real team player. I'm gonna miss Trevor.

I think back on that signing after we were all so demoralized having lost Parsons to Dallas and receiving zero for that asset. But Ariza has turned out to be a much better option during his contract, and we would not have been knocking on the door these last couple years without him.

Good luck in Phoenix. I think Booker is the next young star of the NBA.

#21 Aruba77, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    joshuaao, craguin, Pat and 2 others like this.
  2. farhen

farhen Member

i hate to see him go smh

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Appreciate him playing defense and hitting 3s in the regular season. Don't appreciate it when he left on a sour note of bricking so many shots in game 7.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. eslate22

eslate22 Member

i always appreciated his consummate professionalism... in the future i hope he signs a 1-day contract and retires a rocket

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I'm gonna miss Trevor. One of those role players you grow attached to, like Beverley.

I hope we give him a video tribute and standing ovation when he returns to Toyota Center.

lionaire likes this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

man i love trevor, very stand up dude had his teammates back every game true veteran, didn't have great year but it would've been great to bring him back, can't be mad at the dude get your money man

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think our offense will really expand now with a replacement 3 who can drive and finish at the basket when teams crowd the perimeter. our defense, particularly against players like durant, will likely suffer though.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Held it down four solid years and worked his ass off every game. He'll be missed tremendously.

Zo Gi and daywalker02 like this.
  9. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

He will be missed most certainly

Deuce, B-Bob, TMac'n and 1 other person like this.
  10. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Nothing but love for you Trev! Well wishes. A true professional

11. TheSource

TheSource Member

Not going to lie I’m going to miss him hopefully the suns buy him out and we get him for the playoffs :)

12. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Hoping for a butler trade

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wish you well, one of my fave Rockets. Despite the shooting vs GSW.

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love Ariza's role for the team through the years except the series against the Warriors. Ariza personally would rather retire as Lakers than Rockets. I'm sure when he retires, he will talking about the differences of Kobe and Harden. I can't hate him for chasing his last big paycheck.

15. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

wish him the best!! for me his one of the rockets greats..

16. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Hate to see him go. Sure both sides understand, but gonna miss his D and glue.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, this sucks, now his tears after game 7 make even more sense. I'll miss Trevor, but just like with Pat, i keep a little bit of hope that we might get him back in the future.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Definitely one of those glue guys you need on a championship team. Intangibles will always be appreciated here. Anxious to see what the process is in replacing him. Puzzling to see him go to phx but hard to blame him when he was playing for cheap all these years

19. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

Gonna miss Trevor. Yes, he struggled in Game 7 from 3, but he was the best defender the Rockets had and was a huge part of the success of 2 Western Conference Finals teams. Also led the team in minutes a couple of times. Good luck in Phoenix!

javal_lon likes this.
  20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Gave us much needed toughness through the soft years.. Get yo bread mane!