1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he keeps saying "stalking" but doesn't seem to understand that implies a "willful, malicious, and repeated following or harassing", since this was the first time the two had ever seen each other, there's literally no way it would count as "stalking" and couldn't be illegal by Florida law. Then again, he's grasping at straws.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is an internet forum after all :p

Yes, and thinking and knowing are two different things.

Quote the whole thing.

also, you are the most biased poster on this forum lol...

Wait, wasn't it you who earlier just said that Trayvon should have informed the police of Zimmerman's actions? Why did you say that?

Any ways, you've admitted that you don't know if Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. Which was my entire point. It's only what you think what happened and admitted that the 'facts' that you clung to were probably wrong and you aren't sure of it yourself. So how you are taking a position that you have been I'm not sure.

Yes, many things are possible. Which is why the defense didn't try to make the "Trayvon attacked Zimmerman." part of the story stick because there is no proof of that. They focused on Zimmerman being in fear for his life and that according to the Jury (who know more about the case then you or I) admitted that was what stuck for them.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If we buy in to your theory that he was afraid or felt threatened by Zimmerman, that would be the appropriate course of action, not attacking him. It wouldn't have led to anything because there was no wrongdoing, but that would have been the thing to do if he was as you dreamed him up to be.

Well all of the evidence points towards Trayvon attacking Zimmerman and any logical person would conclude that's what happened, but....well not everyone is logical now are they?

As to the facts, I couldn't find what I thought I read before, so I don't know for a fact that he made it all the way down to his house, but he had plenty of time to do so if that was his intention. It's possible that instead of going home, he hid and waited to confront and attack Zimmerman....so I guess you got me there.

Many things are possible, but not many things that are likely. For whatever reason, you want to believe that Zimmerman attacked Martin, then lost a "fight" despite having no basis for that opinion and that going counter to the narrative of Zimmerman being a coward that even spoke to the dispatcher about how he was afraid of confronting Martin directly.

Basically your position makes no sense whatsoever, but you are forced to believe a contrived and ridiculous story because anything else is disastrous to your preconceived opinion of the case.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It would be the appropriate course of action no matter what actually. It would have led to the police looking into it, as evidenced by the fact that George Zimmerman had called the police to report someone stalking about the neighborhood lol.

Which evidence is this again?

Seems like you're not even sure of your own story...

Just because someone was clearly losing a fight doesn't make it any less of a fight, but that is truly semantics. But it was described as a fight or tussle. It's irrelevant either way, you use the word "Attack" because it implies some sort of ambush.

I didn't say Zimmerman attacked Trayvon either. Please quote me if I did. I've claimed neutral on that. While Zimmerman is a 'Coward' and that was part of the defense, he has had a history of aggression. So I wouldn't rule out that he did something besides following Trayvon to provoke him.

It's also extremely threatening to follow someone. Don't believe me? Decide to randomly follow a woman home, see what happens. I mean it's legal and fine to do right? No one will think you are a rapist or murderer or both.

You don't even know my position evidently. I never claimed to know that Zimmerman attacked Trayvon. I was telling you that there was no proof to the story you are trying to pass here and you jumped to the conclusion that I made up a counter story.

I then made up that counter story to show how easy it is to say "Well this happened and you can't disprove it so there!" but it went over your head I think.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It appears George Zimmerman is auctioning off the gun used in the Trayvon Martin shooting <a href="https://t.co/scMrDAWm5H" title="http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=558112068" org_href="http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=558112068">gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt…</a> <a href="https://t.co/IJr9txkowZ" title="http://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/730593440094949378/photo/1" org_href="http://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/730593440094949378/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/IJr9txkowZ</a></p>&mdash; Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) <a href="https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/730593440094949378" data-datetime="2016-05-11T22:00:24+00:00">May 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The seller is a "verified member" on the GunBroker dot com page which means he's passed "extensive user verification security screening."</p>&mdash; Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) <a href="https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/730593691635744769" data-datetime="2016-05-11T22:01:24+00:00">May 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL What an incredible scumbag.

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

No doubt. Scumbag.

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Wtf. Attention w****.

9. Nook

Nook Member

What will the gun go for on the market?

I am a history buff (have paid tens of thousands for biblical relics and Founding Father artifacts), but why would someone want to own this gun? It is a bad event and time in America regardless of where you lived.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

^ a member of a prejudice group?

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George Zimmerman is trending which I'm guessing means <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a> named him his running mate.</p>&mdash; andy lassner (@andylassner) <a href="https://twitter.com/andylassner/status/730620605515472896">May 12, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Based on other things he's done, Zimmerman is definitely a scumbag, but I can't hold it against him that he's trying to make a bit of money.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah if he gave it to charity maybe. Perhaps a non violence type of org. Otherwise scum scum scum bag.

Bigtexxx is $uper loaded and is a huge fan of his. Perhaps he should buy it.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its a complete douche move for Zimmerman to sell the gun ... but if Bigtexx bought it to troll all the over sensitive types on CF, then I am all for it.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the world we live in.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I imagine Zimmerman is basically unemployable so this is probably the only chip he has left to play.

I can't tell if the bright light of public scrutiny caused him to become such a violent sociopath, or he was that way to begin with.

Ever since the trial he seems to be playing up his role as pariah like some kind of WWE cartoon character.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope there's some rich guy out there and buys it, gives it to a hitman and kills Zimmerman with it. Yeah I really hope this happens. That's a good plot for a movie too.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

If you look at Zimmerman's past he was unstable with a tendency towards violence. After killing Martin his behavior was also demonstrated.

I don't think he is "trolling" but instead I think based on the support he has received by a number of people he actually believes what he says... that he is a hero, he is fighting for a cause, that he has done no wrong and everything he does is within his rights. And unfortunately, I think a number of people agree...

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he should buy it, it would complete his life.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member